• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Portland wants young SF says ESPN's Chad Ford

BHayley

If they are high on Marvin, I would love to structure a deal to get Aldridge.

Marvin/Childress/expirings/2010 1st

Aldridge/Jack/Webster (could also consider taking Miles instead of Webster since they would love to move his deal)

Doubt Portland is THAT high on Marvin. But if you free them from Miles (and if we can afford to do that), then Childress or Outlaw become some good pieces to go get that elite young PG that they crave.

if we were to give up Marvin, then we need to focus on getting someone who fills a weakness. and shooting is a weakness and would be moreso with Marvin gone....so you'd have to go after someone on that team that can score..of course roy fits that but he's their franchise guy right now so no way they do that..

Actually, a more realistic trade would be:

Chills, Shelden and Speedy

for

Webster, Jack, Frye and Miles

Reasons for Hawks:

1) Get the shooter we need in Webster

2) Get a good PG in Jack, bringing him home

3) Move Shelden

4) Don't have to worry about resigning Chills this summer

Reasons for Portland:

1) They get the best player in the deal (Chills)

2) Open up a roster spot for next year

3) Get Miles off their books (as well as not having to worry about how he will influence the young guys)

4) It would save them $3.6M this year ($1.8 in salary, and another $1.8 in luxury tax)

Essentially, Shelden for Frye is a wash. So it's really Webster and Jack for Chills, with Atlanta taking on the headache known as Miles.

Quote:

I don't think Ford knows what he is talking about since they already have 2 young SFs who were top 10 picks in Outlaw and Webster.

Agreed about Ford. But I'd be more inclined to make it either Frye or Pryz and Jack for Chill and Shelden.

But I've read where they aren't parting with any of their pg's.