• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Big AL will win the ROY

Brotha2ThaNite

Man, I go on a lot of MBs daily I have seen AL Horford's name on a lot of other teams MBs.

The fact that Barkly kept blowing up Big Al has finally pushed him over the hump.

I think he will now win the R.O.Y.

Thank You Chuck for putting the true facts out there about Big Al and Durant. super.gif

I also believe we will get some national TV time because of this trade.

Good point! I would also like to mention that I loved hearing Barkley talk about how Nique had the 2 slam dunk titles stolen from him over and over again. I don't think there is a bigger Hawks fan on TV than Barkley and it definitely makes me like his commentating a lot more enjoyable.

If we can start winning some games we could become the Kings of the early decade when everyone was loving them and they were on every Sunday it seemed. How great would that be??

I think if either of these two happen, Horford will DEFINITELY get in:

1) At the end of the reg season, he ends up with averages of 10 pts and 10 rebounds

2) We make the playoffs and Seattle continues to sink

Horford is a straight beast. When he gains a bit of weight and a good amount of strength in the offseason, watch out! He will come back with a few new moves, and hopefully we will have a new coach who will utilize him in all the right ways.

Durant is nothing more than a turnover-prone, volume-shooting, no defense playing chucker. At this point anyway...

Besides, the position Horford plays is a HELL of a lot tougher to learn and master than Durant's.

This is a reminder!!!!!

We we picked brandon roy, we would have been much better the year after and definitely will not be in the position for al horford!

Al hordord> Brandon Roy.

Let's not look at the past!!!

Marvin Williams + Mike Bibby > Deron Williams or Chris Paul.

It's your call!

Do you want Hordford, Williams, and Bibby or Deron or Paul, (with someone less calibur than Roy next year since we would have been better with either one of them.) And because of that we will also will not be in the position to add Horford since that pic would have gone to phoenix!!!

I think through all the heartaches, in the end, i absolutely love the team we have.

marvin + bibby + horford) the best realistic case senario!!!

One Nation; Hawkz Nation! bannana_guitar.gif

Quote:

Good point! I would also like to mention that I loved hearing Barkley talk about how Nique had the 2 slam dunk titles stolen from him over and over again. I don't think there is a bigger Hawks fan on TV than Barkley and it definitely makes me like his commentating a lot more enjoyable.

If we can start winning some games we could become the Kings of the early decade when everyone was loving them and they were on every Sunday it seemed. How great would that be??

If we started winning more games it is NO DOUT the Hawks will have one of the best attendants. It has been proving over and over when it comes to B-Ball TV rates the ATL is top 3.

Quote:

This is a reminder!!!!!

We we picked brandon roy, we would have been much better the year after and definitely will not be in the position for al horford!

Al hordord> Brandon Roy.

It's your call!

Yeah that's why I've been preaching for a while that we did not miss out on Paul/Deron Williams because of the luck of the lottery balls and the wise way we spent that #3 and #11 pick.

As a result we landed Horford and Acie Law.

And although we don't have Chris Paul. If Marvin Williams and Acie Law combined are better than Paul/Deron then it doesn't matter.

I agree with the logic, however, if we'd have taken one of the points, no doubt BK comes back and take Rudy Gay assuming we didn't improve more than that which I doubt we would have since we probably would have taken Deron who took a little longer to catch on. Plus, Woody probably would have at least kept Deron and us that bad. We wouldn't have gotten Horford but we'd still have our 2008 pick. We would have still gotten Indy's #11 which given that BK would still be considered a good drafter he probably would have taken Al Thornton.

Deron, JJ, Gay, Smoove, (center acquired vs Speedy/Lo)

vs

Bibby, JJ, Marvin, Smoove, Horford.

Hmm, very close short-term and longterm, but basically BK got lucky to keep the Horford pick or this wouldn't have worked out close at all.

Quote:

This is a reminder!!!!!

Al hordord> Brandon Roy.

It's your call!

Do you want Hordford, Williams, and Bibby or Deron or Paul, (with someone less calibur than Roy next year since we would have been better with either one of them.) And because of that we will also will not be in the position to add Horford since that pic would have gone to phoenix!!!

I think through all the heartaches, in the end, i absolutely love the team we have.

marvin + bibby + horford) the best realistic case senario!!!

One Nation; Hawkz Nation!
bannana_guitar.gif

NO way is Marvin + Bibby = to Chris Paul or Deron Williams neither of those teams would do that deal that is laughable. Chris Paul is only 22 and arguably the best pg in the NBA I dont care what anyone says that was a huge f job.

• Premium Member

Al is one of the best picks BK ever made next to Smoove. But I refuse to hype Horford at the expense of Durant. If everyone here could slurp a player like Marvin as having superstar potential, how in the heck can you NOT think that Durant has that potential? Is it just blatant homerism? Having said that, Horford is a shoe-in for ROY. He's the rock in the middle for a team that is in the playoff race. BBall purists respect that and will reward that over offensive stats everytime. cool.gif

Quote:

NO way is Marvin + Bibby = to Chris Paul or Deron Williams neither of those teams would do that deal that is laughable. Chris Paul is only 22 and arguably the best pg in the NBA I dont care what anyone says that was a huge f job.

Marvin Williams is 21 and Acie Law is 22/23.

I'll take those two combined over Chris Paul

Quote:

Quote:

Marvin Williams is 21 and Acie Law is 22/23.

I'll take those two combined over Chris Paul

I wish you were the GM of the Hornets then.

Quote:

I wouldn't. Paul may be the best point in the league. Marvin is average and Acie is unproven.

When in reality if we had Chris Paul we wouldn't have Joe Johnson or Al Horford.

I hope YOU are kidding if you would take Paul over both of those guys combined

BTW, efficiency of Marvin and Acie combined >>> Paul.

We got lucky with the two picks, but as a result we have the most promising young roster in the conference, 2nd most promising in the league

Quote:

Quote:

I wouldn't. Paul may be the best point in the league. Marvin is average and Acie is unproven.

When in reality if we had Chris Paul we wouldn't have Joe Johnson or Al Horford.

I hope YOU are kidding if you would take Paul over both of those guys combined

BTW, efficiency of Marvin and Acie combined >>> Paul.

We got lucky with the two picks, but as a result we have the most promising young roster in the conference, 2nd most promising in the league

I think Marvin is definitely above average, but there's no way I could defend the idea of Acie+Marvin coming anywhere close to Paul. Paul is a legit MVP candidate and is unquestionably in the top 3 at his position in the NBA. He's #1 if you factor in his age.

I love Marvin and think he still will be an awesome player for the Hawks, but Paul's jumped to the top of the pile. Even those who correctly wanted him over Marvin couldn't have possibly expected him to be this good this fast.

Also, I don't know stats like many here, but I don't think you can add efficiency ratings from two players to compare to a third. That would be somewhat similar to adding shooting percentages between two guys to compare to a third.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

When in reality if we had Chris Paul we wouldn't have Joe Johnson

How in the world do you reach that conclusion? This is one of the most oft-repeated falacies on this board, IMO.

I agree about Horford (we would have been too good to get him) but JJ is exactly what the Hawks wanted then and we still would have gotten him - he was long and versatile. If we drafted Paul or Deron instead of Marvin, we would still have gone after JJ. We just wouldn't have pretended that he was going to be our point guard.

(Obviously it was pretending considering he was removed from that role quickly and not only didn't protest but said he was glad to score more and have less responsibility for running the team.)

Quote:

I think Marvin is definitely above average, but there's no way I could defend the idea of Acie+Marvin coming anywhere close to Paul. Paul is a legit MVP candidate and is unquestionably in the top 3 at his position in the NBA. He's #1 if you factor in his age.

I love Marvin and think he still will be an awesome player for the Hawks, but Paul's jumped to the top of the pile. Even those who correctly wanted him over Marvin couldn't have possibly expected him to be this good this fast.

Also, I don't know stats like many here, but I don't think you can add efficiency ratings from two players to compare to a third. That would be somewhat similar to adding shooting percentages between two guys to compare to a third.

I want to show you guys something:

19.0 PPG

9.3 APG

4.0 RPG

1.4 SPG

20.2 PPG

8.8 APG

4.1 RPG

1.5 SPG

17.3 PPG

8.2 APG

4.2 RPG

1.6 SPG

19.4 PPG

8.1 APG

4.2 RPG

1.6 SPG

Do you think that player went on to be a hall of famer?

With numbers like that they should have gone on to easily.

Didn't happen.

They tailed off.

Damon Stoudamire folks.

Same thing with Keith Van Horn.

You cannot predict a player's career three years in. See Van Horn. Stoudamire shows you can't even predict one FOUR years in.

And on the other side, several examples of the opposite of players who blossom late. And when I say late, I mean not even putting up 16 PPG like Marvin in their 2nd year starting.