Billy Knight on 790 in a couple of seconds

PureGreatness

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I turned it on in the middle of it. BK apparently likes Dennis Scott, because after the interview he said he'd talk to Dennis "any time".

All I heard is that even though BK doesn't talk to the media, he does talk to other GMs constantly, and he will be talking all the way up until the trade deadline.

Also that he talked to the Nets about getting Jason Kidd, but that it was going to be really difficult to make the money work and that we would have to give up 5 or 6 guys to make it work.

Apparently he explained how the trade went down, but I missed that part. They put replays of interviews up on 790thezone.com so hopefully I can catch it there if no one tells us what he said.

Quote:

I turned it on in the middle of it. BK apparently likes Dennis Scott, because after the interview he said he'd talk to Dennis "any time".

All I heard is that even though BK doesn't talk to the media, he does talk to other GMs constantly, and he will be talking all the way up until the trade deadline.

Also that he talked to the Nets about getting Jason Kidd, but that it was going to be really difficult to make the money work and that we would have to give up 5 or 6 guys to make it work.

Apparently he explained how the trade went down, but I missed that part. They put replays of interviews up on 790thezone.com so hopefully I can catch it there if no one tells us what he said.

I got in about the same time you did. He did make reference to not talking to certain media which makes me think he has hand-picked a few people in Atlanta. One being Dennis and the other is Sekou. In Sekou's column he stated BK pulled him aside weeks ago and basically told him we will make a deal.

Quote:

The Hawks were ready to deal. More importantly, Knight was ready to make deals. When he pulled me aside weeks ago (at practice in Seattle during the first West Coast trip) and told me I was on the money in a previous blog where I suspected the Hawks were actively pursuing a smashing trade because they were curiously absent from the rumor mill, I knew something was afoot.

i heard the interview from beginig to end

Bk said that what the hawks was tryin to do is the same as what the kings was tryin to do. he said they put sheldon in the trade because he felt that horford was that guy. he also said that the game against charlote made him do the trade. he said they was in negotionations with new jersey but they had to give up 5-6 players and he felt they couldnt do that. they said they are still in talks to possibly get a big man to possibly put al at the power foward position.

Hmm, so that means either Marvin or Smoove (doubtful) would be going to the bench, either that or one of them would be moved for a 5 and I think that Marvin is the more likely of the two. That also means that they believe Smoove can play the 3 which I believe he can but I know most don't share that belief.

I wonder if there might be a Biedrins for Marvin swap on the horizon. He is about the only 5 I can think of that would be equal value to Marvin and also equal salary.

Something like Biedrins, Belinelli, and Croshere for Marvin and Salim.

Quote:

IMO Smoove will play the 3 better for us then Marvin will. The guy is nothing but a jump shooter thats it he cant drive and is so clumsy with the ball. If we got a nice big in a trade to start at the 5 bye bye Marvin Williams.

Smoove is at his best at the 5.

I think it's a mistake. The notion that you need a 7 footer is a myth. Horford is not the reason why we are losing. It was our PG play and 3point shooting.

With the Smoove/Horford front court we have 5 guys capable of pushing the basketball giving us the most athletic front court and team in the league.

With Mike Bibby and his jump shot now on the team. Imo Marvin Williams becomes more expandable because now you have another guy who not only does more then Marvin but does the same thing he is good at which is shoot the ball. Pretty soon this franchise is going to face a decision what to do with Marvin you know Smith will be locked up as will Horford because he is beast. If Marvin doesnt step up his game anymore I can see the team opting not to sign him and trade him somewhere for players that fit us better.

Quote:

i heard the interview from beginig to end

. he also said that the game against charlote made him do the trade.

That game made me start to think differently as well.

Lue, Law, and JJ were beating the zone easily for the first time all year. Throw in Bibby instead of Lue and that is a significant up grade to the "zone buster lineup."

So who is the trading piece to get a big ?

Smoove would get beasted if he had to play 5. We would get killed on the boards and any team with 2 legitimate post players would murk us. I am a huge horf fan, but he is much more suited for the 4. Need I remind you of the recent Houston game where Yao basically did whatever the hell he felt like doing whenever he felt like doing it.

Smoove at 5 is no good, and if he plays 3 he clogs things up because he is an unpolished and turnover prone playmaker with a piss-poor jump shot.

Quote:

Smoove would get beasted if he had to play 5. We would get killed on the boards and any team with 2 legitimate post players would murk us. I am a huge horf fan, but he is much more suited for the 4. Need I remind you of the recent Houston game where Yao basically did whatever the hell he felt like doing whenever he felt like doing it.

Smoove at 5 is no good, and if he plays 3 he clogs things up because he is an unpolished and turnover prone playmaker with a piss-poor jump shot.

Who the hell said put Smoove at the 5?

I said keep Horford there because he isn't hurting us.

He's only a freaking rookie and he's still manhandling folks down there. He puts on more strength and weight and he can stay there permanently.

Smoove belongs at the 4. At the 4 Smoove has the advantage of taking his defender off the dribble and it also keeps him near the basket which is where you want him on both sides of the ball.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Who the hell said put Smoove at the 5?

You said this:

Quote:

Smoove is at his best at the 5.