• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A quick exercise that everyone can be a part ....

Dejay

With the draft just hours away, we all know there will be guys picked that will be diamonds in the rough and those that will be lumps of coal in someone's salary cap figure. How about naming some of the All-time NBA draft busts? Just to make it interesting, the candidates must be first-round picks and no Atlanta Hawk selections because we all know who they are already (everyone since '85 whose name isn't Jason Terry).

Diop's busted to the point that I wonder if he'd make it playing HS ball. Mihm's fallen pretty far too...which is why I fear Kaman, I think he's Mihm part deux.

Being a U of L fan, the biggest draft bust that comes to mind is former Cardinals star "Never Nervous" Pervis Ellison, the #1 pick in the 1989 NBA draft to the Sacramento Kings.

His NBA career reminded me of Major League III, a movie which was only in the theatres for 2 hours. laugh.gif

C'mon. This guy was picked 3rd in that '86 draft (BTW, wasn't that an ill-fated draft) and did nothing in his time with Golden State and even a stint with the Hawks. I dont know the full story, but dude was on drugs, stealing steroes, the whole 9. I remember ESPN did a feature on him a couple of years ago. The man is big, literally big now. What a shame and what a waste of talent, and an even bigger waste of a selection by the Golden State Warriors in 1986...

yeah, but do those count as busts? I mean, he was a semi-legit pick from everything that I've gathered...he just never played. It's sorta like calling Len Bias a draft bust...I mean, death is technically a career ending injury right? (hope I didn't offend anyone with that...conversation I had with some pals last night).

Ed O'Bannon (anyone that can make Stacey Augmon look good deserve mention)

Scott Haskin (so bad I'll take Adam Keefe over him)

Randy White (Dallas thought he was going to be the next Karl Malone; uh, nope)

Regarding Beav, Shawn Bradley has had some good seasons. He isnt a star, but he has been a solid player for many years. Much better than I originally thought he would turn out to be.

Regarding Dickaufan, how can you even mention Skita and Nachbar as being failures from last years draft when Dickau was every bit as bad as they were?

Acie Earl (he ran so slew-footed his own teammates on the bench would laugh at him)

Randolph Childress (gets my Rodney Monroe award for being sooo good in the ACC and sooo bad in the pros)

Jeff Foster and Todd Fuller (Golden State couldn't just 'eff up once in back to back years, couldn't they?)

Travis Mays ([censored], the Hawks traded Spud for this guy)

and the ULTIMATE bust.....

JOE WOLF (and that's why the Clippers are the Clippers)