• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's Take Hawks Lakers 2...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Damn. Was this an episode of Punked?

We got Punked.

The Lakers came out playing for PAYBACK!!!

But wait...

When Kobe is "all up on JJ" No foul.

When JJ is close to Kobe... Foul.

Kobe bumped JJ a couple of times and JJ couldn't get a call.

There were very few bright points and then Bibby got injured. (worse case scenerio)...

During his play...

Bibby looked good on the pick and roll with Horf and he spotted Chillz on a good pass.

However, ball handling up the court against Pressure... NOT so hot.

The Lakers really pressed our guards most of the game.

Acie looked OK. He even hit some shots and made some layups...

I like the Richardson guy. He can shoot.

Marvin = ???

Chillz had both good and bad moments.

Smoove needs to figure out where he wants to shoot from.

Odom looked Damn near Awesome!

Gasol looked like a dominant big.

And Luke came in the game disrespecting the Hawks...

The Lakers are prolly the best team in the West.

Quote:

Marvin = ???

Marvin needs to use his turn around jumper. He should be able to shoot over most forwards without faking them out.

Marvin, STOP driving to the basket when the defender is right in front of you and you can only move left. And, if you CAN move right and draw two defenders, pass the ball. Take the dunks when they come to you, and they will, don't force the issue.

Quote:

That game was HEAVILY dictated by the refs early and it got the Hawks outta focus and the rest was downhill. Now, of course, they should play through calls and stuff, but the refs let one teams' star physically harass the opponents' star (Joe) on DEF and not be called. Then he (Kobe) goes down the court and does what he wants and every time he's contested or defended it's a foul every time....

Announcer: "Joe drives, defended by Kobe..." something.gif [keep in mind this is with Kobe and other Lakers slapping/bumping/grabbing]

Announcer continues: "He's stripped by Kobe, and the Lakers have it!!!"

Announcer: "Fisher brings it up, passes to Kobe..."

Announcer continues: "Kobe dribbles, Joe defends...."

Ref: party.gif [whistle] ..."Foul on the reach...#2!"

They win a gimmie game like that and YOU think they're the best team in the West - slap.gif ...we'll see when they get jobbed by the West's elite teams (PHX, SAS, DAL, and NOH)

Yeah, I said the same thing L O L!!!!!!!

Joe could be sitting on the bench looking into space and thinking, " I'm going to pressure up on Kobe when I get back in the game." Then outta no where (whistle on #2 for thinking about playing good defense from the bench.) LOL! The refs are jokes sometimes!

I didn't figure the Hawks were going to win last night. Once they get Bynum back there is very little that can stop that team. Last night was complete joke though. Getting to the playoffs is not going to be as a easy as people think it is. The Hawks aren't going to sneak up on anybody. The Lakers didn't even take the Hawks seriously the first time the two played earlier this year. You could tell that by how LA was playing and their movements.

If these top teams take the Hawks seriously, the Hawks have no chance.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

That game was HEAVILY dictated by the refs early and it got the Hawks outta focus and the rest was downhill. Now, of course, they should play through calls and stuff, but the refs let one teams' star physically harass the opponents' star (Joe) on DEF and not be called. Then he (Kobe) goes down the court and does what he wants and every time he's contested or defended it's a foul every time....

Announcer: "Joe drives, defended by Kobe..." something.gif [keep in mind this is with Kobe and other Lakers slapping/bumping/grabbing]

They win a gimmie game like that and YOU think they're the best team in the West - slap.gif ...we'll see when they get jobbed by the West's elite teams (PHX, SAS, DAL, and NOH)

They get a guaranteed 20/10 big capable of carrying a team... Add him to Kobe.. and everybody forgets Bynum is coming back. They still have Odom and Radman.. and DFish is playing like he's 20.

Yeah. They are 10 of their last 12 and I hope it's the Kiss of Death, but the way they have played recently, they are the best in the West... and I really want NO to be that!

• Admin

it sucks that we got trumped like we did, but lets be honest, the lakers are no joke. They're a legit good team at both ends of the floor and they have the best in the game to fall back on when they just have to have a bucket or need to shut down a perimeter scorer. We caught them in Atlanta, but anyone who thought we were going to get that luxury in L.A. was sorely mistaken.

Bibby is going to help us a ton, but this wasn't the game to pass judgement by.

Quote:

I think that's wrong. Why didn't these guys hit somebody? Why did they do nothing when LA continued to push the lead to 40 points? There is NO excuse for that halftime score. NONE. They could have atleast gave somebody a hard foul. They didn't because they're soft and have no guts.

you know what, i am proud of joe and of the team for not doing anything against the lakers, i know i am going to get bashed for saying that but think about it, it was obvious the refs were BS Joe, he could have taken the SHeed rout, but instead he took it like a man. that shows guts to me.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Don't know how you can be proud of somebody that has no fire or passion.

Last night when they called the 2nd foul on JJ, I think he showed more emotion than I have ever seen out of Joe!!!!

To see Joe Erupt is funny to me.

Quote:

Don't know how you can be proud of somebody that has no fire or passion.

sht, its easy as hell to do something stupid like what you wanted joe to do, he probably would have gotten ejected, and maybe suspended for a worthless game in which we were down 40 by halftime, NOT doing anything shows leadership to me. You see, unlike kobe, joe isnt a punk.

Sleepwalk - Not for a few minutes - - The entire first half. No real defensive effort.

Errant passes - not just once - not just one player. Everyone slept. Couldn't find

the basket. Everyone slept. Dang. WAKE UP HAWKS!!!

Sure, they got beat. They didn't get blown away - No, they did that to themselves.

Weverthing that our opponent did was fine defense. When the Hawks did the same

thing, it was called a foul. Replays showed that at least part of the calls were one

sided. Suprise! Suprise!!

Our offense scored in the 90's. That's what we usually get. But, where was the defense?

Oh, yeah. They were making all those fouls and sending them to the line.

Any way you cut it, Hawks loose. However, terrible turnovers, not hitting our shots,

and some VERY questionable calls made for a long night. Should have been much

closer. Add the long sleepwalk and we were blown away.

Tonight, we play again. Please! WAKE UP!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

LAL vs. Phoenix = Lakers win.

LAL vs. Dallas = Lakers win.

They get NOH on 3-14-2008.