• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's take on Bibby!!!

Diesel

• Premium Member

BK should be applauded.

Bibby is the exact right guy for our offense. It's time that we move to an uptempo game. Period.

I think we still have a strong shot at making the playoffs and I look forward to next year with Bibby, Speedy, and Law.

Bibby does everything that we need and he does them well. He's a 3 pt shooter who doesn't slow down the offense when he's out there. In fact, he speeds it up. Bibby makes this team more of a team.

We're having some chemistry pains right now, but it's going to get better.

Ditto on Bibby.

He is revolutionizing our offense. The guy penetrates, shoots, passes over the defense, draws defenders. He is just what we have been waiting so long for. Brings a tear to my eye. And then I look over and there Woodson stands with that I don't know what the f. is going on. That is the sad part. Hopefully Bibby can run things and Woodson can fade.

Hawk88

Bibby has played very well and has helped the team, but the Hawks need alot more before they can even become a decent team. There is not arguing this was a good trade though. I mean, it's not like the Hawks were better before the trade. But I'm not going to applaud Billy Knight because he too many screw ups and he basically got a player another team was looking to give away. In fact, seeing that he hasn't fired Woody... I would say that is another reason to NOT applaud him.

I don't see how you can possibly even CONSIDER counting on Speedy to contribute for this team next year. I look at Speedy like I look at Mike Hampton for the Braves. The team should plan on going forward as if he won't be available to play EVER again. In the meantime, if he does somehow get healthy, great!

• Premium Member

Quote:

I don't see how you can possibly even CONSIDER counting on Speedy to contribute for this team next year. I look at Speedy like I look at Mike Hampton for the Braves. The team should plan on going forward as if he won't be available to play EVER again. In the meantime, if he does somehow get healthy, great!

Baseball and basketball are different.

I know that Speedy is not retiring.

I know that the Hawks cannot cut him or trade him.

I know that when Healthy, Speedy is one of the better defensive PGs in the game.

I have to hope that next season, if Speedy is not retiring that he comes back to play.

Guaranteed contracts kills any coincidental resemblance with Baseball.

Just like Speedy, insurance picked up most of his deal the last two years.

The Braves knew that Hampton was not retiring.

The Hawks CAN cut Speedy, they will just still have to pay him. That is the same situation the Braves have with Hampton. Either guy CAN be traded, it's just not very likely.

Speedy was a very good defender when healthy.

The Braves have the same hope with Hampton. All I can say is, good luck to both!

• Premium Member

Quote:

Just like Speedy, insurance picked up most of his deal the last two years.

The Braves knew that Hampton was not retiring.

The Hawks CAN cut Speedy, they will just still have to pay him. That is the same situation the Braves have with Hampton. Either guy CAN be traded, it's just not very likely.

Speedy was a very good defender when healthy.

The Braves have the same hope with Hampton. All I can say is, good luck to both!

Well if Insurance is picking up the tab, I don't see us cutting Speedy. Especially if it's possible for him to come back. Our ownership may be cheap. IF they are, then having his six million absorbed by insurance is good either way.

I think he is helping our offense get into healthy habits. Even when he is not in there we seem to be running it better.

I also think we have been going inside more. Bibby drives, Chill does the same. Bibby's outside shot is also opening up the middle. All good moves in just a few games. We need to get home and have some time to practice and rest.

Why would ownership cut him at this point?

1. Insurance is picking up 80% of his salary this year.

2. We would still have to pay him the next two years whether we cut him or not.

3. We don't need his roster spot as we have empty spots after the trade for Bibby.

4. We could possibly use his expiring contract in a deal after next year.

5. We could possilby take on a player who is unwanted by his current team who has a longer contract than Speedy (like the Matt Carroll rumors).

6. Even though it is not likely, he might actually contribute to this team next year (or the year after) and since we have to pay him anyway, we might as well keep him on the roster.