• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks have a chance to make a statement tonight

Blunt91

If this team can beat the Rockets I think it would be great for their confidence in that they can compete with some of the better teams in the league. If the hawks come out focus and play hard I think they have a shot at beating the rockets. They don't have a bigman now to command a double team. I know that they have been on a winning streak without Yao but he was the biggest reason the hawks got blown out by the rockets last time we played them. If Horford can battle with Yao then he can surely hold his on against whomever they have inside now. Our guys don't & better not double down on any of their post players tonight. I believe Joe is up for the task of guarding Mcgrady. I also think that Salim is slowly getting more comfortable offensively and defensively the each game. The game is ours for the taking we just have to be hungry and want the victory more than the rockets.

Quote:

The game is ours for the taking we just have to be hungry and want the victory more than the rockets.

Agree with all of your points, but what pray tell, in the past month has even remotely suggested to you that collectively the Hawks would love nothing more than a comfortable seat and an icy cold adult beverage come playoff time?

This looks just like the thread the day of the (insert your own opponent from the past 15 games here) game.

I really don't think we have a shot to beat the Rockets. The Rockets are crippling teams with their defense through collapsing the interior and smothering the perimeter and that will force us into a lot of turnovers because we don't handle the ball well. I don't think they will score more than 90 on us but I would be shocked if we break 75 points tonight. The Rockets are playing the best basketball I have seen from a team in a long time. They are tied for the 3rd longest winning streak in NBA history and tied for the longest consecutive streak of double digit wins in NBA history as well. I would LOVE to see us beat them because you are right it could do wonders for us but I just don't see it happening.

Quote:

Quote:

UNCLE

How big is your Photobucket album? lol! That processing to give a damn button was too good!

LOL i used to post at insidehoops.com before i started here and there are a bunch of teenagers on that site with photoshop skills. They have some great stuff.

I didn't need it for the UNCLE though. One of the features of the new site is that you can change the font size. Look where the quote button is and look to the right you will see two Ts. That changes the font.

Quote:

what pray tell, in the past month has even remotely suggested to you that collectively the Hawks would love nothing more than a comfortable seat and an icy cold adult beverage come playoff time?

Most of our guys are 21+ now so they can sit on their fat paychecks anywhere they so please to enjoy watching the real teams play come April. From watching them play, it looks like they'd like to get a 20 game head start on it.

Quote:

I just saw we're only getting 5 points in Vegas!?!? that seems a little low to me. One team's playing the best ball in the NBA and one's playing the worst. too bad i'm not gambling anymore.

Here's the thing: The Rockets can't win every game. They have won a ton in a row. They are playing a seemingly overmatched Hawks team in Atlanta. I guarantee if you go to wagerline.com that the public is laying HARD on the Rockets. That line looks like the sucker bet of the night. This might be a Hawk victory. Might.

Quote:

Here's the thing: The Rockets can't win every game. They have won a ton in a row. They are playing a seemingly overmatched Hawks team in Atlanta. I guarantee if you go to wagerline.com that the public is laying HARD on the Rockets. That line looks like the sucker bet of the night. This might be a Hawk victory. Might.

As daunting as the Rockets streak looks, by the law of averages the higher the streak the more likely they will lose.

We've also played exceptionally well against great teams at home this year. We have the 4th best record in the East at home. And I bet the reason it isn't higher is because of how we play against .500 or below teams.

Quote:

This is the point though. Without Yao the Rockets really don't have a mismatch at any position. Almost every position is a wash except for the Horford/Deek matchup, in which I think we win.

they should set the odds of Horford having to leave the game due to a Deke elbow.

The Rockets are a great defensive team and they will double team JJ and Smoove and force them to try and dribble through a double team which almost always leads to a turnover and then the Rockets will break and score. We apparently don't care to play defense anymore so the Rockets will probably light us up from 3pt range like most teams do these days. Teams that are good on the ball defenders like the Rockets are will give us fits because we don't know how to break down the D with passing.

I will honestly be shocked if we lose by less than double digits tonight. I have only predicted one other bad loss this year and we ended winning (I think it was the first Utah game) so maybe that will happen again and I sure hope so, but I am not going into the game tonight thinking we have a chance to win.

and, to summarize what Dolfan said in his posts, basically the Rockets play to a greater measure than the sum of their parts, and the Hawks play under the value of their parts individually.

Or, to explain it in mathematical terms:

BK's Disjointed roster of Misfits + Woody's (mis)guidance = Garbage

(BKDRM + WMG = G)