• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coaching Candidits

adrian

Steve Smith-God he knows this team and the leauge. Smitties 3 pointers are always right there. Billy Donavon-His players play with heart and passion no matter what other than all these freshman. Would be great for smooves and horfords developement. Sampson-Great coach maybe not the best fit. Raid a teams bench-There are plenty of good coaches on the spurs bench they usually have success Mike Brown for instance. Dominique-Maybe

No thanks to all of those guys. Smith has no coaching experience (and doesn't every decent color analyst sound like they know the game... isn't that their job?). No college coaches (not even the cheating kind). Plus, Billy Donovan lasted 48 hours in Orlando before heading back to college, no NBA team will touch him for another 5 years. Dominique fits into the same category as Smith. Plus, you never want to be in a position where you have to fire a team's legend.

Hawks can't afford to hire a coach who needs to "grow into the job". We only have JJ for 2 more seasons so if we're doing something this summer, it needs to be for a proven guy who can make an immediate impact.

Van Gundy, Gentry, Bickerstaff, Del Harris & Avery Johnson (I'm predicting he will be fired in the summer) will be high on my list. In none of those guys will sign with this dysfunctional ownership group (and I wouldn't blame them), then go after Michael Cooper or Musselman, those guys may take any offer made to them.

Quote:

Plus, you never want to be in a position where you have to fire a team's legend.

Van Gundy, Gentry, Bickerstaff, Del Harris & Avery Johnson (I'm predicting he will be fired in the summer) will be high on my list.

Ditto on Nique as coach. Nique is good where he is.

I like all the guys you named except for Bicksertaff.

That injury to Dirk is a dagger for the Mavs. If Avery Johnson is fired he should jump to the #1 prospect since he is proven and young. I love PGs who were succefull inthe NBA with limited physical skills, they are normally good coaches. (A. Johnson, S. Skiles, M . Jackson)

Quote:

why would avery be fired just cause dirk hurt himself come on they had 67 wins one lousy year ago now jerry sloan and flip saunders could be fired if their teams dont go far in the playoffs

Jerry Sloan will never be fired.

He has to CHOOSE to coach another team or retire.

Quote:

why would avery be fired just cause dirk hurt himself come on they had 67 wins one lousy year ago now jerry sloan and flip saunders could be fired if their teams dont go far in the playoffs

Last years playoff performance, #1 seed losing to #8 seed in the 1st round to the coach Cuban hates.......Don Nelson.

This year the team has underavhieved in Cuban's eyes for the 2nd season in a row.

I personally don't think they underachieved. I think they over achieved the year they made it to the Finals. Harris and Terry didn't compliment one another and Dirk is too inconsistent in the playoffs.

There is real heat on Avery here in Dallas. However I think Dirk's injury will amount to a free pass for Avery this year. There is some talk that the "little General" is wearing out his welcome. His intensity and fire would be a huge change to the Hawks (kind of like going from Gailey to Paul Johnson if you follow GT football).

Avery Johnson would be a very good fit with the Hawks. I actually think the Hawks have more of his type of player than the Mavs- hard-noise, hustling players. Law would benefit greatly under Johnson.

My money is on Larry Brown getting control of the team, however. This is not my personal choice, but is what I think will happen in the off-season.

Quote:

There is real heat on Avery here in Dallas. However I think Dirk's injury will amount to a free pass for Avery this year. There is some talk that the "little General" is wearing out his welcome. His intensity and fire would be a huge change to the Hawks (kind of like going from Gailey to Paul Johnson if you follow GT football).

The problem in Dallas is Dirk's soft azz, not Avery. He's the reason why Dallas isn't clearly the top team in the West. If you have 6-5 to 6-7 guys guarding you, why hang out on the perimeter all the time? Post those guys up, and mke them foul you.

Avery has tried to get him tough, but he just can't do it.

A guy like Avery might do wonders for Smoove, Marvin and Acie.