• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Stephen A. Smith linking Larry Brown to Atlanta...

DJ_Money

Smith was just on Sportscenter...

Smith says rumors linking Brown to Memphis are false. Iavaroni has 2 years left on his deal and Memphis won't make a move, given their current cost-cutting ways.

Smith says he spoke to Brown yesterday and that he's "desperate" to be a Head Coach again. He also spoke to Billy Knight, who denies any friction between GM/Coach. Says Woodson and/or BK could be gone this summer, given their expiring contracts. Also says the owners are "discombobulated", but have an affinity for Brown.

Quote:

Quote:

Brown sucks!

Oh c'mon....compared to Woody? Let's get real here.

For real! Brings to mind the adage "where there's smoke there's fire". Let's hope. Would be incredible news for this org. But they would find a way to make it not work, I guess. He's old and wouldn't be coaching very long. His family loves Philadelphia and being team president or something of that ilk here might not be a long term fit either. But still, I'd take it.

Yeah TMC...three years is an ETERNITY in pro sports...unless you are guy like BK who has his "ownership group" hornswaggled into a 5-year plan....believing all the junk he spews out. I'd take Brown in a heartbeat - coach and GM (ASG could just give him both salaries).

• Premium Member

Quote:

He'd better not be the GM/coach. There needs to be someone to keep him from getting out of control. He will try to get rid of everyone.

If he does become coach i think you can kiss Smith goodbye. I can't see those two coexisting.

Who knows? Maybe what Josh needs is some discipline.

Quote:

Quote:

He'd better not be the GM/coach. There needs to be someone to keep him from getting out of control. He will try to get rid of everyone.

If he does become coach i think you can kiss Smith goodbye. I can't see those two coexisting.

Who knows? Maybe what Josh needs is some discipline.

I agree Iverson admitted that Brown was the best coach he ever had and they did make it to the NBA finals together. Don't worry, J-Smoove isn't going anywhere he'll outlast Brown because I don't see Brown sticking around more than a few years at the most. I'd definitely take him over Woody next year considering we now have a veteran backcourt in Bibby and JJ. I do think that Marvin could be in trouble because Brown won't put up with his occasional lack of effort and his disappearing in games too often IMO.

Quote:

I do think that Marvin could be in trouble because Brown won't put up with his occasional lack of effort and his disappearing in games too often IMO.

I love Smoove too but to call Marvin out for "his occasional lack of effort" is laughable when compared to Smoove! Marvin does check out on offense occasionally by not being as aggressive as he should be but he rarely launches ill-advised shots and he gives a consistently good effort on D, particularly when compared with Smoove. Smoove is an incredibly gifted athlete and he gets away with stuff that others can't at times because of that but he would drive Larry Brown nuts!

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

I do think that Marvin could be in trouble because Brown won't put up with his occasional lack of effort and his disappearing in games too often IMO.

I love Smoove too but to call Marvin out for "his occasional lack of effort" is laughable when compared to Smoove! Marvin does check out on offense occasionally by not being as aggressive as he should be but he rarely launches ill-advised shots and he gives a consistently good effort on D, particularly when compared with Smoove. Smoove is an incredibly gifted athlete and he gets away with stuff that others can't at times because of that but he would drive Larry Brown nuts!

For sure.... but maybe he can whip him into shape... I think we all agree that for Smoove, to take the next step, needs to somehow stop with the dumb plays... Isn't having a disciplinary type coach the best way to go about insuring this?

And if said coach can't get Smoove to stop playing dumb than wouldn't we, as a team, maybe be better off without him.

If Larry Brown can handle AI (somewhat), and can turn a notoriously selfish chucker like Chauncy Billups into one of the most selfless and effective floor leaders in the league, mabye he can turn Josh Smith into a more disciplined player..

I don't know if I think this way myself... but it's, at the very least, feasible.