• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hate to say it, but...Acie Law sucks

GTfan44

Another miss by Billy Knight as of right now. Rodney Stuckey and Crittenton could do a whole lot more for us than this guy.

I find it amazing people on this board still praise this guy because "can get in the lane like no other." And what happens when he gets in the lane? He gets the hell stuffed out of his layup. His jumpshot is quite possibly worse than Mario West's right now. Acie puts up 10 & 4 every 10 games or so in filler minutes.

As of right now, Acie Law is useless, and this will kill us if we don't have one single point guard to back up Bibby (which is why we should release Salim and sign a PG NOW)

All Acie does, is play to not make mistakes. He's not forcing anything these days. He's more content in just playing the defensive PG role ( ala a Jacque Vaughn ), than to try to really do something on offense.

Just to warn you guys . . . Critt is getting quite a bit of PT in Memphis these days, and is looking decent. So expect the "we should've taken Critt" threads to pop up tonight, even though he plays the 2 in Memphis, with Lowry as the PG most of the time when he's in the game.

Lol I remember the JJ sucks thread when he had like 28 points in the first quarter that night.

Seriously though, Acie is frustrating because Horford looks so polished.

But keep in mind that not all rooks develop the same way.

The most encouraging thing about Acie Law is how quick he is off the dribble. That was one of the biggest concerns about him coming into the league. With that quickness, when the game slows down for him and he starts making shots (which is something he clearly has shown in his career he is capable of doing), then he will be a more than decent PG in this league.

Oh and he has to stop getting his shot blocked!

LOL, I guess you're one of those people who will say "OMGOMGOGMGOMGOMG HE HIT THAT 3. YOU'RE AN IDIOT!"

All you have to do is look at Acie's body language and the way he's played so far in the game. He hasn't even dribbled. He just passes immediately or passes it to people at awful angles (Childress jumpball).

Next?

I'm sure somebody will be happy to bump this thread when Acie is playing like an All-Star in the next couple of years and although I doubt a troll like yourself will be here then I'll still make sure to give you credit for saying something so stupid.

Acie Law will be fine..he's a rookie. he's been sidelined by injuries and also is a backup to a good veteran PG. He was very good last year on the college level and I will not believe that he just lost all of his talent all of a sudden. He hit the "rookie wall" because in reality, he was playing decent at first before the injury. Im sure in the offseason when he gets some rest and after playing in the summer league he would be ready to go next season. I still have faith in him. I like him more than Claxton..but one player i do wanna see play more is Salim Stoudamire..but thats a whole different story though

Quote:

(which is why we should release Salim and sign a PG NOW)

Since there are so many effective veteran point guards sitting on their couches at home right now. AC has not gotten consistent minutes and is trying not to mess up, because he knows he will get yanked if he does (and hey, it's winning time at this point, I'm not banging on Woody for that).

He'll be fine. LOL at discarding a rookie (and a #11 pick, at that) after 51 games at 15mpg...God you suck at life. Please never post here again. I have read most of your posts and have yet to glean one single fact, question, insight or sign of intelligent life whatsoever from any one of them.

we should give salim consistant minutes. it doesnt have to be at the PG position but bring him in at the begining of the 2nd and 4th and for about 5 minutes a piece. salim plays well with joe and smith. therefore acie and salim could get minutes and if salim knows hes gonna get minutes night in and night out then he wont have to force up shots.

• Premium Member

...how fans make such snap judgements on players. Even more amazing is how the guys who make millions to make player decisions do the same thing. Just an FYI... This is how good players get undersold to different ballclubs and become beasts (like Chauncy Billups).

Have you people just now started watching the NBA? Have you never seen a rookie that doesn't come in and rip the game up like Lebron or Chris Paul? I'm not saying that Acie isn't struggling. Anyone could see that. But year after year, it's the same thing. People have absolutely NO patience.

It's hard to judge a young player over 2 or 3 seasons, let alone his injury plagued first, under a horrible coach, on a team flirting with its first playoff birth in eons. The insanity is mind boggling.

The kid just needs to play. Period.

Quote:

...how fans make such snap judgements on players. Even more amazing is how the guys who make millions to make player decisions do the same thing. Just an FYI... This is how good players get undersold to different ballclubs and become beasts (like Chauncy Billups).

Have you people just now started watching the NBA? Have you never seen a rookie that doesn't come in and rip the game up like Lebron or Chris Paul? I'm not saying that Acie isn't struggling. Anyone could see that. But year after year, it's the same thing. People have absolutely NO patience.

It's hard to judge a young player over 2 or 3 seasons, let alone his injury plagued first, under a horrible coach, on a team flirting with its first playoff birth in eons. The insanity is mind boggling.

The kid just needs to play.
Period.

Totally agree. Last night was the first game where Acie got some extended minutes. Woody has been giving him just a few minutes here and there lately. Acie HAS shown some

nice ability AFTER he gets some solid minutes and a bunch a games in a row. BOTH times he was starting to "get it", he got injured. He needs time to develop and unfortunately he hasn't really gotten it recently.

Quote:

Another miss by Billy Knight as of right now. Rodney Stuckey and Crittenton could do a whole lot more for us than this guy.

I find it amazing people on this board still praise this guy because "can get in the lane like no other." And what happens when he gets in the lane? He gets the hell stuffed out of his layup. His jumpshot is quite possibly worse than Mario West's right now. Acie puts up 10 & 4 every 10 games or so in filler minutes.

As of right now, Acie Law is useless, and this will kill us if we don't have one single point guard to back up Bibby (which is why we should release Salim and sign a PG NOW)

Not suprising that someone with a user name of GTfan44 would have rather had Crittenton.