• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

thinking back to jt's draft

codyatl

why in the [censored] didn't we trade those 4 picks to move up???? Francis, marion, miller, baron davis, lamar odom. I know it was a weak draft late in the first but I wonder if babcock even tried. It really doesn't matetr i geuss but just wondering what could have been???

• Admin

I know those guys look attractive from the publicity they get. But think about it, have any of them won anything or had any more success than JT? NOPE.

Only Marion and davis have tasted any more success than JT has. And that's only because they landed on more established teams.

JT might not be perfect, but he's not junk. He's scored more since coming into the league than anyone in that draft except Brand and Francis.

With the decisions that this franchise has made in the last few years, do you REALLY think that moving up in the draft would have helped us one bit?

don't get me wrong I love JT and hope we can egt him signed for a reasonable deal BUT I can't help but wonder where we would be if we would ahve been able to get a guy like francis? I big name guy that can attract free agents to atlanta.

• Admin

what free agents has he attracted to Houston? Don't get me wrong, i'd love to have him or Brand or Miller. But none of those guys have attracted free agents to their current teams. How would that change in Atlanta? You don't hear any of the current crop of top free agents talking about playing with Francis or Brand or Miller.

• Premium Member

Free agents should be attracted to Atlanta automatically. It's probably the best City in the south and has so much to offer. However, it really comes down to coaching and winning. NO FA is going to come here if we don't win.