• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wow Bibby tells Woody No!

Brotha2ThaNite

LOL I love it! Thank you God!

I'm listening to the 2 Live Stews. D-Scott is on and he just said that 3pt play shot made by Bibby with 0.5 seconds on the clock was called by Bibby.

D3 said, "Woody went to call a play and Bibby said, NO COACH I'm calling this play" which lead to the 3pt shoot by Bibby. lol

YEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!

Quote:

I'm listening to the 2 Live Stews. D-Scott is on and he just said that 3pt play shot made by Bibby with 0.5 seconds on the clock was called by Bibby.

D3 said, "Woody went to call a play and Bibby said, NO COACH I'm calling this play" which lead to the 3pt shoot by Bibby. lol

YEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!

headbang.gifheadbang.gifheadbang.gifheadbang.gifheadbang.gif

LOL that is hilarious.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I wonder how much respect Woody actually has from the players.

He basically admitted that he would let Bibby do whatever he wanted... I'm sure our improved offensive play has everything to do with Bibby taking over and running the team, and very little to do with Woody suddenly learning how to coach

Good and great coaches know they don't know everything about everything.

That's when they turn to someone who is an expert in some part of the game

for advice. If this story IS true, then kudos to Woody!!

There's hope for him yet. Veteran Bibby was brought on board, not only as a

point guard, which we desperately needed, but to use his experience on offense

to become the coach on the floor.

Works too, doesn't it!!

goodvibes.gif

actually that's what great PG's do,they run everything.Chris Paul did it as soon as he was drafted.Deron Williams had to earn Jerry Sloans trust and now he calls all the plays and plays freely.I just saw it on nba.com.It was him and Carlos Boozer with Michael Bivins.

Quote:

It wouldn't surprise me. See my sig.

Quote:

Woody on Bibby: "I don't want to screw him up... if he doesn't like things that I'm doing, hey, he's got that right to let me know,
and we'll change them.
"

Yeah, I was just about to post this. I have heard Woody say that Bibby has the right to change plays if he wants too. so you are right. props to Woody for trusting him. This will only make our team better because they all will trust Bibby because of things like this.

Quote:

YEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!

I hope Bibby slapped the clipboard out of Woody's hand, and told him to go sit down somewhere.

What's up Lascar!

I'm obviously in the minority on this, but I've consistently said that it was the players more than the coach that held this team back. Bibby is a veteran point who actually has the skills to run the offense and score, hence the team looks better. Many coaches in many professional sports acknowledge that success is primarily up to the players. That's why when a player's basketball IQ is high enough to be considered a coach on the floor, teams generally succeed. And, when you have to trust players who aren't there yet, like the pre-Bibby Hawks, you don't succeed. Joe alone wasn't enough. Now he thankfully has help. And the team looks better.

Woodson is not a coaching genius, I'll admit that. But he was never as bad as he's made out to be on this board. Reading posts earlier, I was surprised to hear that Toronto fans apparently seriously question Sam Mitchell's decisions on a regular basis (not fouling Bibby before the game tying 3 wasn't smart, but was that an error by Mitchell or by TJ? A coach can lead a horse to water, but he can't make him drink). And Sam, I think, is the reigning coach of the year, and someone I think has done a great job turning the Raptors around. I guess beauty is always in the eye of the beholder.

Quote:

What's up Lascar!

I'm obviously in the minority on this, but I've consistently said that it was the players more than the coach that held this team back. Bibby is a veteran point who actually has the skills to run the offense and score, hence the team looks better. Many coaches in many professional sports acknowledge that success is primarily up to the players. That's why when a player's basketball IQ is high enough to be considered a coach on the floor, teams generally succeed. And, when you have to trust players who aren't there yet, like the pre-Bibby Hawks, you don't succeed. Joe alone wasn't enough. Now he thankfully has help. And the team looks bett

Woodson is not a coaching genius, I'll admit that. But he was never as bad as he's made out to be on this board. Reading posts earlier, I was surprised to hear that Toronto fans apparently seriously question Sam Mitchell's decisions on a regular basis (not fouling Bibby before the game tying 3 wasn't smart, but was that an error by Mitchell or by TJ? A coach can lead a horse to water, but he can't make him drink). And Sam, I think, is the reigning coach of the year, and someone I think has done a great job turning the Raptors around. I guess beauty is always in the eye of the beholder.

Raptor fans have never liked Mitchell.They dont credit him for turning things around, because the Gm turned things around by Trading Charlie V for TJ Ford, and bringing in Caulderon, Parker,Moon,Garbajosa, Kapono and others.

Sam Mitcell is just along for the ride in Raptor fans eyes.

What's up man, I think I owe you a beer!

I know it's hard to know what is on the coach and what is on the players. For instance on that final play of regulation last night, who knows? I know that Woody's entire focus during the timeout should have been NO MATTER WHAT, DO NOT LET YOUR MAN GET TO THE RIM, because they have to look for an alley-oop pass with a half second to play. Maybe the players blew it, or maybe he didn't convey the message, or maybe both. I think that applies to a lot of our poor defensive play. I don't think our defense was ever as good as some thought it was. Our defensive rotations have always been poor, we frequently double team and leave world-renowned shooters WIDE OPEN when it just doesn't make sense. But even then, I'm willing to admit that we don't really know if Woody is clueless, or the players just aren't getting it done. I'm inclined to believe that Woody knows defense based on reputation, and that the players screw up a lot.

I still put a decent amount of blame on Woody on this front because a coach is only as valuable as he gets the players to perform. I don't really care about knowledge that Woody has that he can't get across to the players. With the exception of Josh Smith, most of these guys were supposed to be high IQ guys on real winning programs in college, and all of the sudden they "stop getting it" under Woody.

So even if you give him a pass on defense, I have never seen an offensive system that is as bare-boned and inadequate as what we've been watching for 3-4 years. I know our PPG have gone way up with Bibby showing up, mostly due to sheer firepower and Bibby making it happen. But we have never set up an offensive system to take advantage of our strengths and get our players in a position to succeed. It's all 1-on-1 and pray that Joe can carry us through. And that applies doubly in the clutch. Our offensive system overall under Woody has been a total embarassment.

Then there's the ridiculous substitutions and minutes. I think everyone would have to agree here. No NBA head coach should be that bad, and if he is, he should hire someone to take care of it for him.

The one real positive overall has been that he's kept the troops motivated and hungry throughout the losing. I thought he was losing the team around All-Star break, but the bibby trade seemed to give the team the boost it needed.

I know he excelled as an assistant coach, and I'm sure he has a lot of knowledge. But when you look at the major components and what you expect out of your coach, I'd say:

-defensive system / execution: B-

-offensive system / execution: F

-adjusting the system to the talent he has: D-

-substitutions: F

-execution out of timeouts: D

-player development: C+

-season management (minutes ... ): D-

-motivating/focusing the team: B+

-representing the team well: A

So really, I don't see how any NBA - caliber coach could be worse. Yes, I know that he too wants to strangle the players sometimes, but I want to strangle him. I honestly don't know which NBA coaches are worse, other than Isiah, and I don't know much about Randy Wittman as a coach.

Let me put it this way, I can understand where you can often say "Woody might not have screwed up, it might have been the players that didn't listen". Ok. But what do you see in Woody that you think is above average for an NBA caliber head guy?

Quote:

oh man that is so awesome....maybe bibby should coach when he retires because the difference in our offense since he has arrived has been miraculous.

Seeing your picture of Barnie Fife makes me think of Woodie trying to get the bullet out of his shirt pocket for his gun. He's a modern day black Barnie.