Atlanta at Philly game thread

Admin

Exactly, you understand what I am saying. It's debatable whether he is the best or not but what's not debatable is that there is an understandable difference between best and leader.

Hell JJ is our best 3pt shooter but Bibby is our leading 3pt shooter (according to the Philly announcers tonight anyway)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Quote:

Yes, forgive me for being able to understand the difference. You are doing a fine job with the false claims making yourself look like you can't read.

We are getting side tracked! Back to the game, we are really starting to play smarter! We are rebounding very well and moving the ball especially in the first halves of games. We start playing the 2 man game in the 4th quarter with mixed results though and I don't know whether that is smart basketball of not. Maybe it will work against some team but maybe not against a physical team like the Sixers. What do you guys think?

Quote:

Quote:

Yes, forgive me for being able to understand the difference. You are doing a fine job with the false claims making yourself look like you can't read.

We are getting side tracked! Back to the game, we are really starting to play smarter! We are rebounding very well and moving the ball especially in the first halves of games. We start playing the 2 man game in the 4th quarter with mixed results though and I don't know whether that is smart basketball of not. Maybe it will work against some team but maybe not against a physical team like the Sixers. What do you guys think?

I don't think it's a good idea no matter what.

The biggest problem I saw with this game was JJ not identifying the double team soon enough. He needs to see it and pass out of it quicker if he's not going to be able to keep control of the ball better.

Quote:

Quote:

I don't really agree with playing smarter. They still made a ton of dumb mistakes.

But they played much tougher D and most importantly hit the defensive glass which was the key to the game. philly leads the league in offensive rebounding but only had 7 tonight.

One thing that was very impressive tonight was that the Sixers made numerous runs at us in the 2nd half and we were able to stop their run and build our lead back up. That was something we wouldn't have seen earlier this year. We would have folded and probably gotten blown out.

• Premium Member

Quote:

The biggest problem I saw with this game was JJ not identifying the double team soon enough. He needs to see it and pass out of it quicker if he's not going to be able to keep control of the ball better.

I think that you are on to something! JJ doesn't seem have above average vision and that maybe why he can't run point for an extended period of time!

• Premium Member

Quote:

One thing that was very impressive tonight was that the Sixers made numerous runs at us in the 2nd half and we were able to stop their run and build our lead back up. That was something we wouldn't have seen earlier this year. We would have folded and probably gotten blown out.

Above is how things unfolded but i want to get to the nuts and bolts of why we have those lapses when we make players like Reggie Evans look like Gary Payton in his prime

• Premium Member

Quote:

The Toronto win was definitely a quality win as well. With the difficulty that Washington normally gives us beating them was another quality win.

Take what you can get out of Hots and leave it at that. I think that even he is starting to believe!

Quote:

Quote:

I think that you are on to something! JJ doesn't seem have above average vision and that maybe why he can't run point for an extended period of time!

LMAO.

JJ is one of the best passing 2-guards in the league. He can run the point or act as the faciliator of the offense. What he can't do, is guard quick PGs.

This thread is hilarious. People should be celebrating that this team won ON THE ROAD against a team that hs been lights out at home for about 2 months now.

Instead, people are harping on petty ish that didn't even cost us the game.

We damn near led wire to wire tonight, yet, people can't get out of "bytch mode". You'd think we'd lost tonight if you read this thread.

LOL . . this is why I've always said that the majority of this fan base is truly schizophrenic.

Speaking of schizophrenic . . N. Carolina, who at one point was losing 40 - 12, has now cut the lead to 5. Still 9 minutes to go in the game. Absolutely incredible.

Joe is an excellent passer for an off guard but there is no doubt at all that trapping him in a double outside of his shooting range really affects him. JJ doesn't like it when he is guarded physically and you can tell that it gets into his head from time to time.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

LMAO.

JJ is one of the best passing 2-guards in the league. He can run the point or act as the faciliator of the offense. What he can't do, is guard quick PGs.

This thread is hilarious. People should be celebrating that this team won ON THE ROAD against a team that hs been lights out at home for about 2 months now.

Instead, people are harping on petty ish that didn't even cost us the game.

We damn near led wire to wire tonight, yet, people can't get out of "bytch mode". You'd think we'd lost tonight if you read this thread.

LOL . . this is why I've always said that the majority of this fan base is truly schizophrenic.

Speaking of schizophrenic . . N. Carolina, who at one point was losing 40 - 12, has now cut the lead to 5. Still 9 minutes to go in the game. Absolutely incredible.

No one is in B_tch mode goodness! We are just trying to have a discussion about how to limit turn-overs down the stretch in close games. Boy why are people reacting like this?

When Bibby has a hot hand, JJ gets double teamed and he passes to Bibby,

who then knocks down the shot.

The 76er games found a cold shooting Bibby, until the last few minutes tonight.

JJ seemed relunctlant to pass to the cold Bibby.

Maybe that's not it, but it looked suspiciously like it to me.

Great early energy. Great zone defense. Marvin has another good game

and HE hits his free throws!! Some didn't do so well there.

Watching both games, 76ers seem able to drive the basket at will and draw

the foul - - AND hit their free throws.

76ers NEVER committed a foul in any game. Don't believe that? Watched as they

carped and complained, sometimes with words and sometimes only with their looks.

You just know they believe the NEVER foul anyone.

GREAT HAWKS WIN!!!

And, with a Salim sighting!! Hit that 3 and then those 3 free throws!!

bannana_guitar.gif

My post which everyone was trippin on was before the 4th quarter. It isnt' like we waited for the game to end and then started griping.

Some people here just need to take their skirts off and put on some pants. Just because i say a guy is having a crap game doesn't mean i think he is a horrible player.

Bibby was crap yesterday and was crap today. When he went out with 3:44 left in the third the Hawks were up 6. By the end of the quarter they were up 13. hence my post about keeping him out of the game.

he was clearly struggling and the Hawks were doing fine without him.