• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kevin Durant = Rookie of the Year!

Gray Mule

Can there be any doubt in any one's mind? Surely not. KD = ROY.

19.8 ppg / 4.1 rpg / 2.2 asst. pg / 14.7 +

Al Horford on the other hand, only has:

10.1 ppg / 9.7 rpg / 1.5 asst. pg / 16.39 +

Add several double/double games for Horford

Durant has led his team to a astonishing 17-59 record and 15th place in the west.

Horford's Hawks, on the other hand are 36-41 and in 8th place in the east, looking

fot the playoffs in the first time in forever.

Yep. No doubt it. KD = ROY!!!

bannana_guitar.gif

He will get it, because the ROY is nothing but a popularity contest. It will always go to the player that scores the most points. It hardly ever goes to the actual best rookie.

IMO, both Al Horford and Al Thornton should be rated ahead of Kevin Durant if the award is to go to the best rookie.

As I keep stating, Horford is the type of guy who would rather make the playoffs.

Horford doesn't care that Noah and Brewer won MOP in the NCAA tournament. He just wanted the rings.

Best thing about Horford is that he looks like his game does translate to the next level and he has tremendous upside even if he's our permanent C.

Quote:

As I keep stating, Horford is the type of guy who would rather make the playoffs.

Horford doesn't care that Noah and Brewer won MOP in the NCAA tournament. He just wanted the rings.

Best thing about Horford is that he looks like his game does translate to the next level and he has tremendous upside even if he's our permanent C.

I agree.

Looking at their performance in the NBA, it is scary how good that Florida team was. Al Horford, Joakim Noah, and Corey Brewer are all playing relatively well in the NBA. Noah and Brewer are role players, IMO, but both of them work hard. Brewer has the potential to be a Stacey Augmon-like defender on the perimeter. Unfortunately, he's probably Stacey Augmon offensively as well.

That collection of athletes on one team in college basketball may have been the best collection of talent since the UNLV teams of the early '90s. North Carolina's team of 2004 was pretty good as well though. I think as far as having players who ended up making a name for themselves in the NBA though, Florida and UNLV have to be at the top. UNLV had Larry Johnson, Stacey Augmon, and Greg Anthony. I think that team also had JR Rider as a younger player. Florida had Al Horford, Joakim Noah, and Corey Brewer, and Chris Richard is on the TWolves roster. Richard was a reserve at Florida.

True, but those guys didn't win the championship. UNLV and Florida did. But, that was a talented team. Ray Jackson and Jimmy King didn't make it, but Chris Webber, Juwan Howard, and Jalen Rose had nice NBA careers.

Steve Fischer, the coach for Michigan back then, was a HORRIBLE coach though. People talk about the Hawks winning in spite of Woody, that Michigan team definitely won in spite of Fischer. The Fab 5 in that sophomore year definitely should've won it all. Fischer was horrible.

It still blows my mind how Webber ended up bringing the ball up the court in the final minute of that championship game vs Carolina. He traveled when he first got the ball, but it wasn't called. Then he goes into panic mode, races up the court, and calls time out. Where were one of the guards to go get the ball and bring it up? That would be like Smoove bringing the ball up for us in the final minute.

Fischer could recruit, but that's about it. I need to google him to see if he's even still in coaching.

Quote:

I agree.

Looking at their performance in the NBA, it is scary how good that Florida team was. Al Horford, Joakim Noah, and Corey Brewer are all playing relatively well in the NBA. Noah and Brewer are role players, IMO, but both of them work hard. Brewer has the potential to be a Stacey Augmon-like defender on the perimeter. Unfortunately, he's probably Stacey Augmon offensively as well.

That collection of athletes on one team in college basketball may have been the best collection of talent since the UNLV teams of the early '90s. North Carolina's team of 2004 was pretty good as well though. I think as far as having players who ended up making a name for themselves in the NBA though, Florida and UNLV have to be at the top. UNLV had Larry Johnson, Stacey Augmon, and Greg Anthony. I think that team also had JR Rider as a younger player. Florida had Al Horford, Joakim Noah, and Corey Brewer, and Chris Richard is on the TWolves roster. Richard was a reserve at Florida.

And don't forget Taurean Green who is on the Nuggets roster.

That UF team would destroy any team this year in the tourney

They had 4 NBA caliber players, plus the prototypical college 3 point shooter in Humphrey ( I think that was the white dude's name ). He was the guy that would routinely blow games open with a couple of 3s in a row. He prevented teams from focusing on one particular player because there was NO WAY you could leave him open from 3.

If you compare them to UNLV, Humphrey was their Anderson Hunt . . the pure shooter whose game didn't translate to the NBA, but was perfect for the college game.

I think Noah and Horford's backup is also on an NBA roster. I think his last name was Richard or Richards. I need to look that up too.

This year's Memphis team is tough though. When it's all said and done, you my be talking about them having 4 - 5 players who will be playing in the NBA. Memphis vs last year's Florida team would be a very good game.

Quote:

I think Noah and Horford's backup is also on an NBA roster. I think his last name was Richard or Richards. I need to look that up too.

Or . . I should've paid more attention to KB's orignal post, where he already said that Chris Richard was in the NBA.

As for Steve Fisher ( not Fischer ), he's coaching at San Diego St. There's no pressure whatsoever to be a perennial winner at that program. If he makes the NCAA tournament every 3 - 4 years, and consitently be good enough to be an NIT team, he's all good at SDSU.

As far as Memphis goes, I think Derek Rose is a lock for the NBA. Chris Douglas Roberts looks like he will at least be a solid player that can come off the bench and create some offense for you.

Joey Dorsey is an enigma. The guy has a great body and can play when he wants to, but he doesn't work hard all the time and is a complete thug. I like what he brings to the table when he wants to bring it, but overall, I really don't like him from a character standpoint.

I'm hearing rumblings that John Calapari is trying to use this season as a means to jump back into the NBA.

• Premium Member

Quote:

That doesn't mean that he shouldn't be Rookie of the year??

Horf should be in the playoffs and ROY!

• Premium Member

Quote:

He will get it, because the ROY is nothing but a popularity contest. It will always go to the player that scores the most points. It hardly ever goes to the actual best rookie.

IMO, both Al Horford and Al Thornton should be rated ahead of Kevin Durant if the award is to go to the best rookie.

Deke beat out Chris Webber for ROY.