• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Take it easy...

buckeye242424

Granted The Hawks played terrible last night, I get it. It's what every single post today has been about. However, how many people on this board would be jumping through hoops if at the beginning of the year someone told us we could have a two game lead with four left to make the playoffs? Everyone would be excited.

Why is everyone so negative? Last night sucked, we blew a chance...but we didn't blow the season.

I'm excited, optimistic, and thrilled that we can still be in the playoffs. I've been a Hawks fan for 20 years, the last 10 have been excruciating. I honestly believe the most dedicated Hawks fans around are a part of the Squawk'....there shouldn't be so much negativity, not with what is in front of this team with only four games left.

Quote:

Granted The Hawks played terrible last night, I get it. It's what every single post today has been about. However, how many people on this board would be jumping through hoops if at the beginning of the year someone told us we could have a two game lead with four left to make the playoffs? Everyone would be excited.

Why is everyone so negative? Last night sucked, we blew a chance...but we didn't blow the season.

I'm excited, optimistic, and thrilled that we can still be in the playoffs. I've been a Hawks fan for 20 years, the last 10 have been excruciating. I honestly believe the most dedicated Hawks fans around are a part of the Squawk'....there shouldn't be so much negativity, not with what is in front of this team with only four games left.

That's the way this place is. It doesn't matter that we have been over .500 since we got Bibby. It doesn't matter that we won 9 out of the last 14. All they care about is the LAST GAME. If we lost, then THE HAWKS SUCK. People dont understand that basketball is a very streaky game and there will be nights when we look just horrible, but the good news is that we usually follow a bad game with a really good one and the NY Knicks are just what the Dr ordered.

Things still look good for us. Even if we beat NY and Miami and lose to Boston & Orlando, then Indy has to win all 4 games to take the 8th spot and they have tough road games against Philly and Washington.

It's not about freaking out because we lost. It's about being incredulous about how a team in this situation with the prize in front of them can come out and play with so little fire and intensity. That's the sticking point. At this point in the season, if you aren't going to leave your hearts bleeding on the court with a game of that magnitude then I have trouble accepting that as a fan.

What's worse is that they were coached to approach this game in this type of fashion. I can deal with losing to Indy. I can not deal with losing because of a lack of effort. EFFORT! Are you kidding me?!?

Quote:

Exactly.

If I had saw this thread an hour ago, it would've saved me a lot of typing.

I feel you. I've already rattled off more than a few replies about how people shouldn't be in panic mode yet. We're still in control. It's just a lil bit harder to get in, but we still hold all the cards. I'm not panicking over one bad game. It's the Hawks on the road against a someone other than the Knicks, Heat, Grizzlies, or Sonics. What did you expect? I'm just as disappointed that they didn't finish Indy off last night, but they'll take care of themselves. Just because we lost doesn't mean that Indy or NJ's gonna win out. It was just a bad night. We still have control. Take it easy, everyone.

Well I'll echo what Zbo said (as did JJ post-game) above for one... it wasn't just that we lost it was how flat we came out after talking all week about the importance of this game, focusing, getting revenge, etc. It's almost as if they let the mini-successful streak get to their heads and thought they could mail in the W...

Also, statistically, the loss killed us in the tiebreaker. Our magic # vis-a-vis the Pacers is now 3... meaning if we split the next four as projected the Pacers would have to drop one of four to PHI-CHA-WAS-NY... They will be favored in two of those, so essentially they would have to upset the Sixers and Wiz on the road to make the playoffs --- certainly not outside the realm of possibilities. That's pretty upsetting considering we could have eliminated them last night and only had the reeling Nets to worry about.