• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Could this be true??

Wurider05

In off season- Smoove for Joakim Noah + fillers. Someone told me this online last night that that was what they were hearing in Chicago. I call bullshit on this one but who knows. I don't know why Chicago would do this unless they were going to let Deng walk.

PS-If you love baseball MLB 08: The Show for PS3 maybe the best baseball game ever made.

it aint true but as much as i like JSmooth's game, it isnt that bad of a trade depending on who else we get to come alongside Noah. I would do JSmooth for Noah and Sefelosha(who shows he can play when given the PT) And then we could draft the big man Joey Dorsey from Memphis with our 2nd round pick too who is a very athletic big who can run and bang down low! Out rotation would be:

Bibby/ Law/ Stoudamire

Joe Johnson/ Sefelosha

Marvin Williams/ Childress

Noah/ Dorsey/ Solomon Jones

Horford/ Zaza Pachullia

i kinda like that! deep and talented at every position! Al Hortford and Noah reunite! lol

I could see it, although they would have to include a pretty good bit of salary with Joakim to match what Smoove will get. Horford and Noah could man the 4-5 quite well, just as they did in college. I think it would probably take Gordon and Noah for me to be happy with the deal or Noah and their lottery pick.

I would still rather keep Smoove but if we are going to move him that wouldn't be a bad trade idea.

Quote:

I could see it, although they would have to include a pretty good bit of salary with Joakim to match what Smoove will get.
Horford and Noah could man the 4-5 quite well, just as they did in college. I think it would probably take Gordon and Noah for me to be happy with the deal or Noah and their lottery pick.

I would still rather keep Smoove but if we are going to move him that wouldn't be a bad trade idea.

Remember that Smith will be a base year player so we would only take back half of his first year salary in a SNT deal. If his first year salary is $12 million we would only be taking back about $6 million.

I am sure there will be plenty of trade rumors regarding Smith this summer and it will be impossible to tell which are real and which aren't.

Ahh, I totally forgot about BYC. Damn. That will mean that if Noah was the centerpiece in return (or any player on their rookie contract) we would have to get future 1st round compensation in order to make up for the void in value between Smoove and Noah.

Perhaps something like what we did with Phoenix in the JJ deal. Chicago gets to sign Smoove to the contract that he wants and we get Noah and a couple of future protected 1st round picks. That would help keep salary down next year and give us picks to work with in future trades or to use for ourselves. That's definitely one way for us to stay under the luxury tax next year.

I remember the Hawks really seemed to like Noah during the draft; I believe they would have drafted him ahead of Law if he'd still been on the board. With that said, there's no way I'd trade Smoove for Noah straight up. I would, however, think about trading Smoove for Noah, Duhon, and a 2008 1st round pick. Maybe.

Quote:

it aint true but as much as i like JSmooth's game, it isnt that bad of a trade depending on who else we get to come alongside Noah. I would do JSmooth for Noah and Sefelosha(who shows he can play when given the PT) And then we could draft the big man Joey Dorsey from Memphis with our 2nd round pick too who is a very athletic big who can run and bang down low! Out rotation would be:

Bibby/ Law/ Stoudamire

Joe Johnson/ Sefelosha

Marvin Williams/ Childress

Noah/ Dorsey/ Solomon Jones

Horford/ Zaza Pachullia

i kinda like that! deep and talented at every position! Al Hortford and Noah reunite! lol

Noah is more of a Center than Al. Noah would play the #5 and Al the #4. Noah is

2" taller than Horford.

I would never trade Smoove straight up for Noah and Noah is an unproven rookie in the NBA as of yet, although he has been putting up pretty good numbers since starting. As much as I would LOVE to see my 2 FLA boyz together again, I am a little leary of Noah on our team. I am worried he might be more of a disruption and Al doesn't seem to have any

love for his former teammate.

if we trade smith for joakim, i will probably turn my Hawks fan card in. Are you serious? Joakim MAY one day be as good as Smoove is NOW. And what is this, Smoove not a PF? I mean, what is he then? if he isn't a SF and not a PF? The league is so watered down that C's are PF, PF's are SF's, etc. He has been doing just fine playing the 4 and he is still only getting bigger. Maybe he won't sprout the whole 2-3 inches joakim has on him but i swear this would be a terrible trade... even if we do get volume shooter Gordon.

I don't think this trade happens because the ASG has given every indication that they are in love with Smoove. That said, I do think this trade would be good for the Hawks both on the court, and financially.

Quote:

I don't think this trade happens because the ASG has given every indication that they are in love with Smoove. That said, I do think this trade would be good for the Hawks both on the court, and financially.

Noah isn't even in Smith's league. The only thing he can do better than Smith is rebound and the gap isn't very big. Noah is a wimp who can't score.

I am not getting worked up about this rumor though. There are going to be a bunch of rumors about Smith and the majority of them will be bogus as this one surely is.