• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Predictable: More Hate from Chad Ford

AHF

• Moderators

Here is his latest comment about the Hawks:

Quote:

Koron(Savannah,GA): As one of the 19 remaining Hawks fans(according to Bill Simmons), what needs to happen for the Hawks to do the unthinkable, which is beat the Celtics.

Chad Ford: (1:22 PM ET ) Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce both have to go down with season ending injuries. This may be the most lopsided series in NBA history. The Celtics are one of the most dominate teams we've seen and the Hawks ... if the weren't in a historically bad Eastern Conference they'd be collecting lottery balls. This is not a playoff team. Quit congratulating yourself Atlanta. You have 12 lottery picks on your roster and you can't put up a winning record in a terrible conference.

I will put down any amount of money that he does not make this kind of comment about any of the other teams in the East that would not have qualified for the playoffs in the West. Mark it down.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=20203

• Moderators

That didn't take long. His take on 40-42 Philadelphia:

Quote:

Robert (Fresno CA): The Sixers just lost 4 straight..can Mo lead us to 1 win against Detroit?

Chad Ford: (1:28 PM ET ) One ... maybe two. I think the Sixers have had a successful year. I picked them to finish last in the East. Andre Miller had a career year. Iguodala is going to be very good. Thaddeus Young was the steal of the draft. Samuel Dalembert finally showed up ... and they'll have some cap room. They look like they have a bright future

Honestly, as much as I hate Chad Ford, he's right. We have severely underachieved this season with the talent that we have. Although if we'd had Bibby all season this could be a different story. I'm sorry but a 37-45 team should not be a playoff team.

I can understand why he's praised Philly because they get it done with less, and even the Wizards as well.

• Moderators

Quote:

I'm sorry but a 37-45 team should not be a playoff team.

Should a 40-42 team be a playoff team? Ford says nothing about over or underacheiving. It is all about the record and whether the roster is a true playoff roster. All that criticism applies equally to Philly.

the guy is an ass....he's so critical yet philly is not much better and if we had bibby the whole season, our record would probably be better than theirs...stop patting ourselves on the back? screw you, let us enjoy our moment you unprofessional (bias is not professional) piece of trash.......sure we have underachieved (before bibby) but if you're going to criticize for something how about pinpointing the cause and stop blaming it all on the entire hawks fanbase and players...criticize the coach since any normal basketball fan can tell you that a coach has the most effect on whether an entire team overacheives or underachieves. don't just blame it on the entire hawks nation....

what a piece of trash. i hate that guy.....even if a miracle happened and we beat the celts, he would just say we're probably going to get beat in the 2nd round..

Quote:

Quote:

I'm sorry but a 37-45 team should not be a playoff team.

Should a 40-42 team be a playoff team? Ford says nothing about over or underacheiving. It is all about the record and whether the roster is a true playoff roster. All that criticism applies equally to Philly.

I think people view Philly differently, because of their 2nd half of the season.

They are 22 -14 since Feb.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Honestly, as much as I hate Chad Ford, he's right. We have severely underachieved this season with the talent that we have. Although if we'd had Bibby all season this could be a different story. I'm sorry but a 37-45 team should not be a playoff team.

I can understand why he's praised Philly because they get it done with less, and even the Wizards as well.

I agree. Unfortunately he is right.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

But what is he right about? That is my point.

Sure, you can make a very credible argument that we aren't a "real" playoff team and therefore shouldn't feel like we have accomplished much in a depleted Eastern Conference. That applies equally to Philly, though. Why the vitriole directed towards Atlanta and the praise towards Philly - especially if you are praising Philly for making the playoffs in the depleted East and for having a good future? Doesn't that equally describe the Hawks?

It is not so much that Ford's opinion is ridiculous, it is that he is singling out the Hawks for a good round of bashing...again.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sure, you can make a very credible argument that we aren't a "real" playoff team and therefore shouldn't feel like we have accomplished much in a depleted Eastern Conference. That applies equally to Philly, though. Why the vitriole directed towards Atlanta and the praise towards Philly - especially if you are praising Philly for making the playoffs in the depleted East and for having a good future? Doesn't that equally describe the Hawks?

It is not so much that Ford's opinion is ridiculous, it is that he is singling out the Hawks for a good round of bashing...again.

In the NBA, half of all the teams make the playoffs. And since it is split into 2 conferences, there will ALWAYS be some .500 teams make the playoffs. The thing about Philly is that they have overachieved IMO, I believe we have more talent then them, and we have significantly underachieved. And they are only 1 game under .500, we are 4.

We are 3 games below Philly, I don't see how we relate to them especially given we are more talented then them IMO. If a team overachieves and makes the playoffs, I honestly don't see any way to bash them. Philly was predicted to be at the bottom of the East by many people. The Hawks IMO have severely underachieved.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

In the NBA, half of all the teams make the playoffs. And since it is split into 2 conferences, there will ALWAYS be some .500 teams make the playoffs. The thing about Philly is that they have overachieved IMO, I believe we have more talent then them, and we have significantly underachieved. And they are only 1 game under .500, we are 4.

We are 3 games below Philly, I don't see how we relate to them especially given we are more talented then them IMO. If a team overachieves and makes the playoffs, I honestly don't see any way to bash them. Philly was predicted to be at the bottom of the East by many people. The Hawks IMO have severely underachieved.

Coming into the year, of all the teams in the east, the consensus was that Philadelphia was the only team without a prayer of making the playoffs... They have definitely blown away all of the expectations they had... As for the Hawks, they finished eight games under 500... which is right along with what most pessimists had them penciled in for.

• Moderators

Again, if Ford said one word about Atlanta underacheiving I would be fine with that distinction. He didn't. It obviously pisses him off that we made the playoffs. It is amazing to me that he doesn't even bother to cover that up anymore.

The reason Ford won't say we underacheived is because he would then have to acknowledge that we have talent on the team. He, instead, reserves the right to bash both our talent and our performance.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Quote:

if the weren't in a historically bad Eastern Conference they'd be collecting lottery balls. This is not a playoff team. Quit congratulating yourself Atlanta. You have 12 lottery picks on your roster and you can't put up a winning record in a terrible conference.

I will put down any amount of money that he does not make this kind of comment about any of the other teams in the East that would not have qualified for the playoffs in the West. Mark it down.

AHF, We are the worst playoff team (by 3 or 6 games depending upon how you slice it) in the worst conference in the conference's worst year ever.

As far as Philly, he picked them LAST at the start of the season, so you cannot call it favoritism. They were simply better than us. And not just a game but 3 or 6 games better. He even called himself out for picking them last.

Geeze. Too many Hawk fans read too much into our making the playoffs and too much into deserved criticism. We haven't been to the playoffs in 10 years. Wait until we prove we came to do more than show up, perhaps even win a game before you cry foul.

W

Guest Walter

Quote:

Sure, you can make a very credible argument that we aren't a "real" playoff team and therefore shouldn't feel like we have accomplished much in a depleted Eastern Conference. That applies equally to Philly, though.

...NOT 40-42! It's not equal when they have THREE more wins and THREE fewer losses than you!?!? THAT IS NOT EQUAL! Guaranteed! If an EC team had won fewer games than us and made it to the playoffs THEY would have been the ones that received the same treatment!

Guest Walter

Quote:

If an EC team had won fewer games than us and made it to the playoffs THEY would have been the ones that received the same treatment!

Sorry, I don't believe that.

Sorry are you kidding me? Take another team with 10 years of incompetence and they would get the same treatment, maybe worse (like the Oakland Raiders). We've been so bad for so long. Don't expect to be treated LIKE WE BELONGED HERE ALL ALONG!

W

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

If an EC team had won fewer games than us and made it to the playoffs THEY would have been the ones that received the same treatment!

Sorry, I don't believe that.

Sorry are you kidding me? Take another team with 10 years of incompetence and they would get the same treatment, maybe worse (like the Oakland Raiders). We've been so bad for so long. Don't expect to be treated LIKE WE BELONGED HERE ALL ALONG!

W

Walter - Have you read Ford over the past 4 years? His criticism of Atlanta is as predictable as the rising sun. Golden State had a run of not making the playoffs that was 12 years long. They didn't get the vitriole that Ford directs towards Atlanta. If Atlanta made the playoffs, they were going to get hammered by Ford. If they missed the playoffs, they were going to get hammered by Ford. If they got the 4th seed in the East, they would have been hammered by Ford for why they weren't the top seed.

Note that Chicago has had significantly more and higher draft picks to work with since they began their rebuilding post-Jordan. They were significantly worse than us this year but did not get hammered. Ford doesn't have the problem with any other team than he has with Atlanta.

(Please don't yell at people online. It is unnecessary.)

Horsesh!t. I don't believe the Hawks are playoff worthy, but attacking the Hawks is a hip thing to do. Just like the long running joke about the attendance. Ford has probably said less positive things about this team than I have. You can yell all you like, but that doesn't make your opinion here more meaningful.