• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Worthy HS material. Had to post this over from AJC

jhay610

.com This guy pretty much wraps up all of our frustrations with management in one all-inclusive rant. This from a blogger under Mark Bradley's column today:

What a pathetic showing. For all the talk this team did prior to the series, to come out and lay an egg like this is inexcusable. Marvin Williams is becoming a bigger bust day by day and I can only hope we can trade him this offseason. As much as people harp on passing on Paul and Williams, it is becoming even more glaring because we did not even get a quality nba player ahead of them. Say what you want about ihs age, but in the NBA these days you can tell who has the talent and heart to succeed and who doesn’t. Just look at James, Bosh, Anthony, Paul, Williams, Horford, Durant, Wade, Howard, etc. The bottom line is that Marvin will always be a guy who can’t create his own shot while also being unable to hit his jump shot enough to warrant extended playing time. In addition, the guy celebrates a decent play as if he is the best player in the league and rarely, if ever is clutch.

Furthermore, reading the interview with Billy Knight angered me to a point that I never have been despite being a hawk fan since I knew what basketball was. The guy tries to be political by saying “Even if you want to say, ‘I told you so,’ you don’t say, ‘I told you so.’ Even if that’s what you’d like to say. You just don’t get into that.” When in reality, he is telling the fans to F off because he is right and this current team is proof of that. Uhh, Sekou, why don’t you ask him about the signing of speedy claxton, the joe johnson at pg experiment, drafting shelden williams, and the list goes on. I distinctly remember an interview after jj’s first few games where BK tried to defend JJ at the point by saying not to talk to him until after the season. Well, after the season, the moron apparently realized he was wrong and proceeded to sign a player that has done nothing to help the team in craig claxton. I am so fed up with this team. I am normally a confident, optimistic person and have tried to defend knight’s picks of marvin and shelden. However, it is becoming increasingly clear to me that this guy will do nothing but continue to run this franchise into the ground. Any person that takes solace in making the playoffs with 37 wins is delusional and far too overconfident in their abilities to run an NBA franchise.

I am tired of Atlanta teams being content with making the playoffs. I wish we could go back in time and have David McDavid take over these teams. Finally, as if Mike Woodson couldn’t look any dumber, he was caught smiling on the bench on several occasions tonight, laughed during his interview with Cheryl Miller and blatantly had his championship ring in view as if to show a national audience that he is relevant. Knight hired this fellow moron as well. I hate to sound like this, and I rarely ever voice my opinion in such a negative way. I am just so tired of Atlanta sports fans having to deal with BS franchises like this and GM’s like Waddell and Knight who are completely useless.

To make matters worse, Knight acts as if he has accomplished so much in the league and deals with the media and fans as if they are vastly inferior to him. I am sorry that I didn’t blog more about the game itself, but there wasn’t much to say there. The game was just a microcosm of where the franchise is at this point in their rebuilding plan, and hopefully will signal the end of this brutal regime named Billy Knight and Mike Woodson. On the bright side at least we have Al Horford, who is a beast and will be the centerpiece of this franchise for years to come. Unfortunately, he will be attributed to Billy Knight despite the fact that we got lucky as hell to get him without having to give up our pick to Phoenix while also being that hight because of drafting Marvin and Shelden Williams. I still can’t believe Billy Knight acts like this has been the plan all along. Go Hawks.

i agree with the comment about the ring thing....woodson wearing a championship ring, shaving his head, the kids getting the mohawks, it all seems to be novelty trinkety stuff to get attention....these kids need to go out there and play hard on defense..

honestly throw everything out the window and just get these kids to focus on defense, and we would fair much better..you dont come into the playoffs to market your team, you come in wanting to play hardnosed defense and ENJOY the intensity....

and woodson's side of that is good substitutions...put acie in there to play defense on rondo or cassell...mix it up some...

In response to the original post, maybe I'm not paying attention to it but I don't seem to remember Marvin always acting like a star or anything when he hits a shot. I know he gets pumped up when he drives the lane and gets fouled by what's wrong with that? I love seeing that emotion out of him. When he hits a jumper he doesn't act all cocky, he just goes back the other way and plays underrated D.

That mohawk thing really bothered me last night. What on Earth where they thinking about when they did that? There was no doubt that it was their first time at the dance when I saw them sporting those.

Quote:

In response to the original post, maybe I'm not paying attention to it but I don't seem to remember Marvin always acting like a star or anything when he hits a shot. I know he gets pumped up when he drives the lane and gets fouled by what's wrong with that? I love seeing that emotion out of him. When he hits a jumper he doesn't act all cocky, he just goes back the other way and plays underrated D.

That mohawk thing really bothered me last night. What on Earth where they thinking about when they did that? There was no doubt that it was their first time at the dance when I saw them sporting those.

Who cares its just a haircut they wanted other guys to do like joe and chillz but they knew they weren't gonna do anything to there hairs. I dont see anything wrong what so ever with getting a new haircut esp. when you are playing for the first times in 9 years on national tv. Its just like anything big you do wedding , prom you wanna have that nice new haircut how is this any different.

Have you ever heard of that old saying about showing that you belong and not looking like it's your first time? I can't remember the exact quote but it fits pretty well. They just looked like a bunch of kids who were so happy about being in the playoffs that they forgot they actually had to come out and compete.

"act like you've been there before"

And none of them are, and that filters down from the head coach, who's sporting his big ring on national tv and waving it around.

Honestly, I don't care about all the haircuts and all the big talk and all that. If you do that stuff, though, you damn well better not come out and get dubbed in the first game, and you better not get swept.

• Premium Member

Quote:

i've watched everygame and that ring was the first thing i noticed when they showed a wide shot of Woody....he whipped it out for the playoff game, which is too gimicky in my opinion.

BS...

When Phil Jackson, Pat Riley, Larry Brown, or Don Nelson pull out the ring to motivate their players, it's genius coaching. When Woody does it.. it's a stupid gimmick. BS...

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

i've watched everygame and that ring was the first thing i noticed when they showed a wide shot of Woody....he whipped it out for the playoff game, which is too gimicky in my opinion.

BS...

When Phil Jackson, Pat Riley, Larry Brown, or Don Nelson pull out the ring to motivate their players, it's genius coaching. When Woody does it.. it's a stupid gimmick. BS...

Woody got his ring as a freaking ASSISTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a total joke.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

BS...

What a total joke. lol ya gotta luv it

Quote:

What a total joke.

Exactly. There is zero comparison. As a coach, that was his first playoff game coaching ever, with a laughable career record. You don't wear an assistant ring just because you don't want people to stare at your bald head.