• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Go ahead and give me everything I deserve

Plainview1981

Quote:

1.The more money Josh gets the less drive there is for him to get better. Remember, he isn't the type of player to give his all night in and night out.

2.The Hawks aren't anywhere close to good enough that they can afford to be capped out. They lack players that can create there own shot, no bench, no PG for the future and no center.

Right now the Hawks are the biggest story in the NBA and all you do is look for things to complain about. Why do you even bother following the team?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Go ahead and give me everything I deserve in this thread.

Alright, in my opinion you deserve kudos for remaining a Hawks fan through all the hard years. That to me is the definition of a true fan, because the reality is that quite a few people would have jumped the ship after such a prolonged period of drought. And I believe you live in Atlanta and go to Hawks games, which makes your support even more laudable in my opinion.

As for your negativity, well maybe you can learn that it's *ok* to take a more positive outlook towards things sometimes. I mean really, that negativity....what good does it do ya? Does it make you a happier person? I realize that some people are naturally prone towards negativity while others are naturally positive- but IMO you have to try and balance out the extremes and strive to find some semblance of objective realism, and always keep hope alive. Even when things look hopeless, there is always hope. Hope lives, until you are dead. At that point hope is gone (at least in this world), but none of us are there yet- and neither are the Hawks. smile.gif

Quote:

1.The more money Josh gets the less drive there is for him to get better. Remember, he isn't the type of player to give his all night in and night out.

2.The Hawks aren't anywhere close to good enough that they can afford to be capped out. They lack players that can create there own shot, no bench, no PG for the future and no center.

um our PG of the future Acie Law has looked great this post-season and will be even better next season after Bibby is gone or benched.A bench is not the hard to acquire.Just pick up a few solid guys and more importantly PLAY THE GUYS U HAVE.Look at other teams benches,THEY ARE NOT SUPER TALENTED.They just know their roles from being coached up and playing all season.

Acie Law? C'mon now. He might develop into a solid backup PG. The bench? It's hard to get bench players when your capped out. The Hawks really need another 20PPG scorer to go along with JJ. A guy that can consistently create his own shot. It doesn't look like Marvin will be that guy. If the Hawks had that guy now teams wouldn't be ganging up on Johnson.

Quote:

You brought it up here not me.

I'm not a "live in the moment" type of person. This one of the most exciting things the last year or so, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to look at the future.

I don't get understand where you come to the conclusion that JJ and Smith will be overpaid. All NBA players are overpaid relative to the real world obviously. But in comparison to other NBA players they won't be overpaid relative to their production.

Look at Boston.

Garnett will make $24.7 million next year, Pierce $18, and Allen $17 million. Yet the best player in this series has probably been JJ who will make $14 million next year.

Assume Smith signs a deal for $12 million/yr. Will Garnett be worth twice as much as Smith next year?

Looking at some salaries this year.

Hinrich, JRich, Peja, Wally, Lafrentz and Hughes made $11-12 million. Redd made $14.5 million, Rashard $14.8, Randolph $13, AK $13.7, Cassell $15, Ben Wallace $15.

I don't see how Smith and JJ would be overpaid relative to other players in the league. The only bad contract the hawks have is Speedy and that isn't a big one. Bibby's deal is expiring and currently only two team, Charlottd and memphis, have lower payrolls than the Hawks.

Quote:

Acie Law? C'mon now. He might develop into a solid backup PG. The bench? It's hard to get bench players when your capped out. The Hawks really need another 20PPG scorer to go along with JJ. A guy that can consistently create his own shot. It doesn't look like Marvin will be that guy. If the Hawks had that guy now teams wouldn't be ganging up on Johnson.

I think Acie will at the very least be as good as Jameer Nelson (but taller and stronger). Watching Seron play the other night made me realize how similar he is w/ Acie: good strength, quick, great first step, good handles.... don't know if he'll ever become a great floor leader like Deron but I wouldn't put it past him. I don't think he has even come close to his potential yet.

I do agree w/ the latter part of your post though. Not sure that we'll be able to net a player like that in the offseason.

Well, KG has led his team to a number of playoffs. GOOD teams I might add. Josh Smith is a really good role player with possibly a bigger role than he really should have. Going toward the future I can't see lots of great things if Josh is the second best player on the team.

And there is no doubt that alot of other players are overpaid and are capping their team out. Doesn't mean the Hawks should do the same thing.

Quote:

Well, KG has led his team to a number of playoffs.

He has also led them to a number of first round exits. I don't see how he is worth twice as much as Smith.

The Hawks payroll situation isn't nearly as bad as you make it out to be.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries.htm

The Mavs had a payroll of $105 million and got bounced in the first round. Denver's was $81 million and they got bounced too.

The Hawks aren't in bad shape at all.

He has also led them to a number of first round exits. I don't see how he is worth twice as much as Smith.

He's stop a top 10 player in the game and Josh isn't even close.

People talk about what Josh COULD do... But really, people have been saying that about Sheed for a decade. Josh is sort of the same way. He doesn't do what he should do on a consistent basis. Do you really trust that he is going to do it night in and night out?

I know NY and Dallas spends alot of money, but they have owners with deep pockets.

When I see Josh Smith I see that Sheed or Andruw Jones type.

Quote:

He's stop a top 10 player in the game and Josh isn't even close.

People talk about what Josh COULD do... But really, people have been saying that about Sheed for a decade. Josh is sort of the same way. He doesn't do what he should do on a consistent basis. Do you really trust that he is going to do it night in and night out?

I know NY and Dallas spends alot of money, but they have owners with deep pockets.

When I see Josh Smith I see that Sheed or Andruw Jones type.

Sheed scores 2.3 ppg inside.

http://www.82games.com/0708/07DET15A.HTM

Smith scores 9.

http://www.82games.com/0708/07ATL11A.HTM

Sheed's problem is that he just wanted to fit in a never wanted to be the man. He wasn't aggressive enough on offense. Smith is the opposit. He wants to be the man even though he doesn't have the skills to do it. If anything Smith is too aggressive.

I would prefer that Smith would become more like Sheed in that he shouldn't be trying to force the action all the time. If Smith can just accept his limitations and focus on his strengths he could be a scary player.

Quote:

please,Acie will be one of the best young PG's in the league soon.Right up there with Deron and Chris.and we don't need another 20 PPG game we just need guys that can get the job done and play as a team.Smoove could score 20 PPG.Marvin sucks yet still managed to score 15.We just need guys that can hit shots and not be a liabilty on defense not All-Stars,we already have one with 3 more potential ones.and like I said playing the guys we have will make our bench better and it's always possible to add one or two guys.We need to trade Bibby and Marvin,and we can get a decent SF and bench player out of it.

Acie Law up there with Paul and Williams? lol

we don't need another 20 PPG game we just need guys that can get the job done and play as a team

You need guys that can create their own shot on a consistent basis and Marvin Willams and Josh Smith are not those guys. Marvin lacks the mental toughness on top of that. If these guys could get the job done as lead scorers JJ wouldn't be getting so much attention. Teams aren't scared of Marvin Williams and Josh Smith as scorers.