Plainview1981

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Quote:

You've been here through all of it---Eat the cake with everyone else---You deserve a seat at the smile buffet with the other hard core Hawks fans.

Well done. Feels good to be proud of the team, eh?

True. This is a GREAT night to be a Hawks fan. This game was on some "instant classic" type of thing.

Welcome back to the family, Hotlanta. I just got done playing GTA 4, great game.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Go ahead and give me everything I deserve in this thread.

So what do you have to complain about now, chump?

What's this... POT calling KETTLE Black???

Exodus, you spent the whole season criticizing Smoove, Horf, Chillz, and Zaza... Surely... SURELY.. you're not calling Hotlanta a chump?? As much as you have said we can't win... SURELY.. You're not talking about anybody else.

You said:

Quote:

no matter how you look at it 37 wins in a weak conference is lame and certainly below what i expected. I predicted 42 wins in preseason so obviously i was way off.

Given the facts that the Hawks have no draft picks and no cap space it looks like a very long road to becoming a good team (my definition of a good team is 50 wins).

Therefore my reaction to making the playoffs is somewhat muted.

You said:

Quote:

This is a 37 win team. They have already shown they aren't good. Just because they made the playoffs doesn't change the fact that they are 8 games below .500 in a sorry conference.

I am glad they made the playoffs but i can't get that excited because this team just hasn't impressed me at all.

Therefore, you should just stay Muted.

I expected the Hawks to do better than they did in the regular season so that makes me negative? Ok

Certainly i didn't think they would get to game 7 against Boston. But i have been defending the players against constant criticism all year (JJ, Smith and Marvin in particular).

And i actually root for the team to do well. Even after the Hawks first two wins Hotlanta was still bashing the Hawks over at insidehoops. He even started a thread saying Smith was one of the most overrated players in the NBA.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86379

If it matter, I still think this team average to above average, until they can prove they can play on the road you really can't say much more. But they far exceeded my expectations and congrats to the Hawks of 07-08.

Quote:

If it matter, I still think this team average to above average, until they can prove they can play on the road you really can't say much more. But they far exceeded my expectations and congrats to the Hawks of 07-08.

Certainly the record is average, but no one can possibly look at this roster and say that the talent level is average.

It's from top to bottom the most athletic roster in the NBA.

I notice some people talk about how we don't have any draft picks etc, etc.

We don't NEED any. If we re-sign our core, this roster has a chance to grow to above average and yes, ELITE.

There isn't a player in our potential future starting 5 without major upside.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Certainly the record is average, but no one can possibly look at this roster and say that the talent level is average.

We don't NEED any. If we re-sign our core, this roster has a chance to grow to above average and yes, ELITE.

While I agree with a lot of what you say... I Still think we need a Legit Big. Maybe we can spend some money on Diop. Worse case scenario we try to sign a guy like Voshkul or hoffa. However, we can't just go without another legit big. I love Zaza and Horf has surprised me, but we need a guy who can dominate the middle the way Smoove does.

Hell, Maybe the answer is Solo and he needs a little more weight and playing time. But it's got to be something.

Quote:

And he is if the Hawks give him 10-12 million bucks.

No role player is worth that much.

It isn't like the money is going to come out of your pocket so why do you care?

Plus there is a new TV deal going into effect next year which will increase revenues so his deal won't hurt them as far as the cap as much as people think.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

While I agree with a lot of what you say... I Still think we need a Legit Big. Maybe we can spend some money on Diop. Worse case scenario we try to sign a guy like Voshkul or hoffa. However, we can't just go without another legit big. I love Zaza and Horf has surprised me, but we need a guy who can dominate the middle the way Smoove does.

Hell, Maybe the answer is Solo and he needs a little more weight and playing time. But it's got to be something.

Agreed. We are asking too much of Horford and Smith. And if one of them gets hurt.... ugh.

1.The more money Josh gets the less drive there is for him to get better. Remember, he isn't the type of player to give his all night in and night out.

2.The Hawks aren't anywhere close to good enough that they can afford to be capped out. They lack players that can create there own shot, no bench, no PG for the future and no center.