• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

marvin's best game as a Hawk...

flava

Marvin may not have had his career high tonight, but he certainly played his best game in the Hawks most important game of his career. He was active and aggressive. I was so worried he had torn an ACL the way he fell. I hope he can build off this game the rest of this season and next...

flava

• Premium Member

Quote:

Marvin may not have had his career high tonight, but he certainly played his best game in the Hawks most important game of his career. He was active and aggressive. I was so worried he had torn an ACL the way he fell. I hope he can build off this game the rest of this season and next...

flava

I agree... Great game from Marvin and Chillz and Zaza!!!!!!

He was awesome tonight! He really picked up a lot of the slack offensively and that's the difference maker for us. Having that opposite side shooter that can make the D pay forces them to play honestly.

I just pray that he isn't hurt too seriously and will be able to go in game 7. If not JRich, West or someone else better be ready off the bench.

if marvin could ever get more aggressive, he could be an awesome complement to JJ, Smith and Horford by hitting open J's and driving and finishing. just needs to work on that last part and gain some aggression to take that next step...

i think it's fitting he finished as the team's high scorer

flava

Golly MW came to play today. Without him I think we lose this one. It took until game 6 but he finally has received the invitation to the party.

One point I'll like to make, let Mario match up with Cassell or Pierce at the start of quarters. We don't have anyone that can match up with them. I'm confident he'll give both fits and get them off their rhythm long enough to keep them off balance.

• Premium Member

Quote:

That doesn't mean he couldn't be seriously injured. LOTS of athletes have come back into big games with their adrenaline pumping even when they were really injured.

Didn't look like he was limping when he came back in! Plus you don't think that Woodson is that dumb to put an injured player back into the game to defend the game tying shot do you?

I don't think it has anything to do with Woody being dumb, but it sure wouldn't be the first time a coach pushed a player (or allowed a player to push the coach) to get back in the game. I did notice that he was limping so hopefully it's nothing but a mild sprain. I doubt it was anything too serious but you never know. Curt Schilling had a hell of a post season on adrenaline (and whatever they shot him up on) a few years ago. It wouldn't surprise me if Marvin got a cortisone shot or something tonight.

This game was unbelievable to me to watch. Boston was determined to force someone besides JJ beat them and nobody had a bad game. In virtually any game you can point to at least one guy who had a bad game but not tonight, and when you consider it was game 6 against a 66 win team it is really unreal.

I feel like i know basketball reasonably well but coming into the series i was just hoping for one win. No way in hell did i see this going 7. I am just stunned.

Quote:

I feel like i know basketball reasonably well but coming into the series i was just hoping for one win. No way in hell did i see this going 7. I am just stunned.

Stunned is definitely the word. For me, at least. I never saw 2 unless it was 3-1 and they got lazy or something. Anything can happen in a game 7. I'm proud of the guys for doing this.

Quote:

Stunned is definitely the word. For me, at least. I never saw 2 unless it was 3-1 and they got lazy or something. Anything can happen in a game 7. I'm proud of the guys for doing this.

I thought the hawks might be able to get it done at home once or twice. This team is soooo much better at home. Now, they've got to get better on the road...

flava