• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin hater thread exclusive

Sasquatch

You ticked me off Marvin. I wrote you off. I did not think enough of you to even post about you lately. Did not think you were worth thr time.

HOWEVER, you put your foot up my a$$ tonight. Good job! Helluva job son!

I appreciate it.

I want the rest of the haters to man up and sign up. Get your name on the list.

This thread is for Haters only!

The only exception is to call out a hater that doesn't Man Up.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm Smoovethefuture and frankly I think Marvin sucks.

Look, I know most of you won't change your opinions of him, but it would be nice to see the Marvin haters here step up and give him credit for coming through in the biggest game of the season. He also showed some heart coming back out with a sore knee.

He definitely stepped up tonight. For anyone to think otherwise WOULD BE STUPID.

He needs to have games like this consistently instead of disappearing so much.

But the whole "hater" "hugger" thing is so puerile.

Without Marvin we don't win this game. Plain and simple.

I thought it would take an effort from him for us to win another game in this series. Clearly Celts were going to make someone other than Joe Johnson beat them and I didn't think Smoove was capable of another ridiculous performance.

I thought Marvin was the guy who had to step up and he did.

If we are to have any shot at Game 7 he has to do it again. I hope he can go

I will add this, Marvin WAS the difference in the game. I will explain why...

JJ was double teamed, even triple teamed, EVERY stinking possession.

Bibby got wide azz open and couldnt knock them down.

So our only other midrange jump shooter had to come through, and that was Marvin. 6-9 with all 6 FTs made = 18 pts.

This is why we will get killed in Boston though. Marvin stepped up tonight, but with his sprain (I hope it wont sideline him for Game 7), we wont have that option. So with Joe likely to have another off night, and Bibby's continued bricks, we wont have someone else to really make them pay (jump shooter that is). That's why I continue to say we squeaked out the win, but without MW and Bibby's lack of consistent jump shooting, it spells trouble for us in Game 7.

Quote:

Without Marvin we don't win this game. Plain and simple....

Oh BS...BBIB...without Marvin we would have had another player (if the ASG could afford a starting SF or a center) that would have probably done as good as far as the 6 games go - Marvin sucked tree sap last game and did good tonight.

As far as Marvin being the "key" to winning this game I call bullsh_t. He did good - far better than I expected - I was pleased. Now at least we can get SOMETHING for him in a trade. Guys who show up in a game AFTER the game they should have showed up in don't impress me.

Truly, If you want a team to really compete next year you need PG-Bibby/Acie-SG-JJ/Chillz-SF-Smoove/Chillz-PF-Horfy/Smoove- Center-___________/Horfy and a good coach.

Quote:

Quote:

Oh BS...BBIB...without Marvin we would have had another player (if the ASG could afford a starting SF or a center) that would have probably done as good as far as the 6 games go - Marvin sucked tree sap last game and did good tonight.

As far as Marvin being the "key" to winning this game I call bullsh_t. He did good - far better than I expected - I was pleased. Now at least we can get SOMETHING for him in a trade. Guys who show up in a game AFTER the game they should have showed up in don't impress me.

Truly, If you want a team to really compete next year you need PG-Bibby/Acie-SG-JJ/Chillz-SF-Smoove/Chillz-PF-Horfy/Smoove- Center-___________/Horfy and a good coach.

You called BS on Marvin not being the key, but you failed to explain why. I logically broke it down for all to see, yet you offer no defense for it. Marvin was huge in THIS game, and he is a major reason why we won. Period.

Ain't a Marvin hater but I hope you won't mind. Btw, his pic is on the front page of ESPN, for something GOOD, not BAD!

He won't ever be Worthy with a jumpshot, or Chris Paul, but Marvin can still be a player that helps this team become a contender. Tons of holes to fill in and work to do, but his destiny hasn't been fully determined yet. This can be a step, a big step.

No matter how much you hate him, you have to be happy for himand our franchise tonight. Regardlessof how the game turned out, this organization NEEDED Marvin to show SOMETHING in this series. Whether you want to trade him and need his value increased, or if you love him and want him to be a key cog in our future, either way you needed him to have a good game. Showing some toughness by coming back in (and tackling Perkins on one of those last key possessions to help us procure the rebound wink.gif )only makes it sweeter.

Pretty much every player on our team had "their moment" of this series. I thought Marvin had about 2.5 good games coming into tonight, but in this game he had a few of his own moments, and it kind of completes the series in my mind. each of these Hawks coming back next season, no matter how ugly it gets on Sunday...;)

GREAT WIN

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You called BS on Marvin not being the key, but you failed to explain why. I logically broke it down for all to see, yet you offer no defense for it. Marvin was huge in THIS game, and he is a major reason why we won. Period.

And how was last game more important than tonight's?

• Premium Member

Quote:

Count me in. One good game doesn't change anything.

You are so predictable Hots it aint funny. Hawks lose, you start at least 10 threads and comment on all of the rest in a negative way. Hawks win, we forget that you even post on this board after games. Please explain this to me!

Quote:

So what player on our current roster leads the team in scoring at the SF position without Marvin?

He flat out played exceptional basketball and it's people who show their true colors when they try to bash a player even after such a performance that was pivotal in keeping us alive.

Marvin did good tonight - as I was hoping for - and I hope he puts up 10+ points at Boston in the 7th game so he will be of some decent trade value. It's not that I "Hate" Marvin...it's just that he was the biggest mistake we have made recently and needs to go.

Should Chillz be our starting SF in front of Marvin? YES....should Chillz be our starting SF? No. The starting SF on a quality team needs to be be a player who can drive to the hole a bit and HAS to have 3-point range. Neither of them qualify.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Marvin did good tonight - as I was hoping for - and I hope he puts up 10+ points at Boston in the 7th game so he will be of some decent trade value. It's not that I "Hate" Marvin...it's just that he was the biggest mistake we have made recently and needs to go.

Should Chillz be our starting SF in front of Marvin? YES....should Chillz be our starting SF? No. The starting SF on a quality team needs to be be a player who can drive to the hole a bit and HAS to have 3-point range. Neither of them qualify.

Sounds like you have already made up your mind on this 21 year old even though we are winning with him! Pretty sad