• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

PETITION TO THE ATLANTA SPIRIT GROUP

Devon

Hello,

I am a Hawks' season-ticket holder and have been on and off for the past decade-plus.

I've endured Danny Manning, Isiah Rider, Adam Keefe, Cal Bowdler, Roshown Mcleod, Doug Gray, David Anderson, Cenk Ankyol, John Edwards, and many other nameless faces.

I've sat threw a nine-year, longest league wide, playoff drought.

I've supported this team while enduring the Terry Stotts, Lon Krueger, and now Mike Woodson coaching regimes.

I've watched our incompetent GM's, Pete Babcock and Billy Knight, put together mismatched lineups whilst the rest of the NBA built solid teams.

After today I cannot support this product with my already tightly squeezed dollar any longer; not as long as we are coached by Mike Woodson and run by General Manager Billy Knight.

The chances to construct a winning product have come and gone under the often "blind to the team need eyes" of one Billy Knight.

* Bypassing Chris Paul/Deron Williams (all stars, mvp candidates) for Marvin Williams is the modern day equivalent to Portland selecting Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan.

* Selecting Josh Childress over Andre Iguodola/Luol Deng (All-Stars, team leaders) was a mistake; Childress is a good player, the other two are All-Stars.

* Signing Craig "Speedy" Claxton; an unproven, injury prone, RESERVE combo guard with no shooting ability, to a SIX YEAR HIGH $$$ Contract was asinine and amateur.

You may have the money to watch this game with a hopeful eye towards next year; I cannot.

If this team chooses to continue with the status quo under Billy Knight's "leadership" they will have lost a dedicated season ticket holder.

Head Coach Mike Woodson, whilst showing improvement in terms of overall record, has yet to put a WINNING, much less CHAMPIONSHIP, caliber team on the floor.

* Woodson's erratic substitution patterns, over-reliance on/overuse of key player(s)

(Joe Johnson), and overall lack of an offensive/defensive identity have all contributed to an overall 4 YEAR Coaching record of 106-223, or slightly over 30%.

This is unacceptable.

I ask you, as supposedly successful businessman, if you we're to have only succeeded in your careers 30% of the time, would you be where you are?

The answer is no.

If you had a CFO who only got 30% of the financial #'s right would he still be employed by you and your stockholders?

The Answer is NO.

We, the FAITHFUL THROUGH EVERYTHING HAWKS' SEASON TICKET HOLDERS AND FANS, are YOUR stockholders. This petition is serving notice to you that 30% is not acceptable of a coaches' winning percentage over a 4-YEAR SPAN. If this team chooses to continue with the status quo under Mike Woodson's "leadership" they will have lost a dedicated season ticket holder.

I serve this petition to the Atlanta Spirit Group as NOTICE that we will not stand for this any longer. As dysfunctional as you may be within your own boardrooms you owe it to us, these players, and this city to not stand for sub-mediocrity any longer.

Billy Knight MUST BE FIRED

Mike Woodson MUST BE FIRED

THE ASG v. Steve Belkin Lawsuit MUST BE RESOLVED

Anything short of these actions by you will result in the loss of revenue in the form of my season ticket dollars...

Sincerely,

Salim_for_3

* loyal Hawksquawk.net poster

* loyal Hawk fan since birth

* Season Ticket Holder; potentially former Season Ticket Holder

p.s.

I assure you I am not alone in my line of thinking and I invite all other Hawksquawkers to join me in voicing their collective dissatisfaction.