• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anybody effected by the weather?

Plainview1981

As bad as the storms ended up, I firmly believe it would have been a huge disaster if the storms had came through during the day. The wind shear was crazy last night and I was really scared about the approaching storms last night. The winds were changing directions every few minutes here last night.

I've always had a big fear of storms and they could have been even worse than the were.

Here at Emory in Atlanta, I woke up to tornado sirens and officials over the PA system telling us about the tornado warning--at 5 am. It was crazy. So I flipped on the TV to check out the weather reports (and since I was a weather nut back in the day, I knew all about the terminology and what was going on), and noticed that huge line of severe storms coming through. It is no surprise that some parts of Metro Atlanta got ravaged like it did. But man, it was tons of lightning and maybe small hail here.

Luckily, all we had to deal with was a power outage here in my part of henry county. My family spent the day though with the in-laws a bit south of here where there was little damage. The sounds last night and early this morning reminded me of that year when hurricane Ivan and Charlie I believe they were named brushed our area. It's hard to explain without sounding weird and borderline unsympathetic but I really get a kick out of extreme weather.....as long as there is no significant damage or loss of life.

• Moderators

Quote:

I live in Central GA and we got hit really hard. Lots of trees and power lines are down. Some won't have power for days. It was very scary to be waken up when it's pitch black outside and all that going on around you.

My in-laws near Macon got hit hard as well. They counted 32 trees down in their yard alone along with a bunch of other damage. And they said plenty of other places were hit harder within the neighborhood.

My parents still live in Macon. Fortunately for them, the tornado hit the south side of town, while they live on the extreme northern edge of the city limits.

They had to spend Mother's Day with no power for about 12 hours, but they're back to normal now. I do have several relatives who live closer to the tornado's path, but they all made it through with no damage. Just a tree down at one house.

Crazy couple of months...I was at Philips when the tornado passed directly over us. Now this. Enough for one year.