• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade Marvin now or...

joshuaneder

We continue to be the dumbest franchise in sports. Get a point guard, Miller maybe, or a center for this guy why he still has value. He is simply not a good player and might land us a player at a position of need. It is so obvious we need to do this I am sure we wont...geeezzz

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Quote:

So we give away our best SF to create a hole at SF, in order to get a 3rd PG or something else? Umm ok

When did he become our best SF?

I'm pretty Sure that Chillz is better than Marvin at Sf.

I'm pretty sure that Smoove is better than Marvin at Sf.

Marvin is the only guy that's been allowed to start at Sf. He's not the best Sf. That was definitely proven in the playoffs because when the game mattered, where was the so-called Best Sf? He was on the bench watching Chillz help win the game!

I don't suggest trading Marvin for a PG. But if there's a defensive C or Raja Bell or a package that can land us another allstar, why are we holding this fan love for a guy who doesn't do squat on the floor but shoot an wide open jumper from time to time???

Damn Diesel I have notice that you have been posting like crazy this week. You must be on vacation or something. Man it is like a rat with cheese. All someone has to do is mention Marvin and you appear out of thin air. Your hatred of this guy is really scary. I am not being funny here. According to you if Marvin wasn't on the team we would have won the championship this year and last. You blame Marvin for everything that is wrong with the team. I respect your opinion and we agree on alot but it is getting scary with your feelings toward Marvin. You act as if he is Corleone Young or Harold Miner. The kid is productive. Honestly there isn't one player in the league that is perfect. I mean you are already hogging up Hawksquawk and ever other thread or post you create deals with Marvin/Trading Marvin. Your Marvin trades are getting outrageous. If you feel like we should have taken Chris Paul then the person that did the pick is no longer with the organization.OKAY WE KNOW HOW YOU FEEL PLZ JUST LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are too smart to go out like this!!! I am not saying the Marv is a lock hall of famer but he isn't total crap like you make him out to be.

Quote:

Quote:

So we give away our best SF to create a hole at SF, in order to get a 3rd PG or something else? Umm ok

Marvin is the only guy that's been allowed to start at Sf. He's not the best Sf. That was definitely proven in the playoffs because when the game mattered, where was the so-called Best Sf? He was on the bench watching Chillz help win the game!

I don't suggest trading Marvin for a PG. But if there's a defensive C or Raja Bell or a package that can land us another allstar, why are we holding this fan love for a guy who doesn't do squat on the floor but shoot an wide open jumper from time to time???

Which small forward averaged 7 ppg on the series and shot 50% from the FOUL LINE, scoring only 6 points at the foul line total?

Which small forward got to the line 36 times, making 32?

Quote:

Marvin is the only guy that's been allowed to start at Sf.

Oh shut the hell up!

Chilldress started at sf and guard, but we all know what happened there. Smoove gave us 8, 5 and 35% from sf while Marvin was injured that year.

Why don't we just RELEASE Marvin, please RELEASE him!

I wouldnt be upset if Marvin was traded but at the same time I dont think that he HAS to be moved. And yes, he is our best SF. Chillz plays harder but isnt better or more skillful than Marvin is. Chillz is good off the bench..i wouldnt want to start him..some players play better off the bench forreal and i think he is one. Marvin can also come off the bench if we get someone better to play SF but I aint giving him up for nothing though

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Which small forward averaged 7 ppg on the series and shot 50% from the FOUL LINE, scoring only 6 points at the foul line total?

Yeah, you know... you're right. Chillz should have hit more free throws like Marvin.

But aside from the free throws... Marvin was 24 of 58. While Chillz was 22 of 42 on the series.

You know.. Marvin the 41% shooter on the series. compared to Chillz the 52% shooter.. or Marvin the 4.0 rpg player compared to Chillz the 5.7 rpg player...

You see Exodus, you're majoring in the minor things. Marvin gets to the line in garbage time. In our blowout losses, Marvin got to the line 21 times. In those same blowout losses, Marvin was 32% from the field...

So let's think about that.

Marvin = 32% from the field (12/37). When we were loses those games and JJ needed somebody to pass to, when his choice was to pass to Marvin, more than 2 out of those 3 times that he threw it to Marvin, Marvin missed the shot.

Oh, but wait, there's more. However, when the games was over and Marvin was playing with Salim, West, Solo, and Zaza, Marvin was able to make it to the line! Probably hacked by Big Baby or somebody else riding Boston's bench.

Now Exodus... Which of our SFs, had more impact on the game??

If you said Marvin, you're right. He had a negative impact on the game and the series... because when we needed him to score... more than 2/3s of the time... He couldn't deliver.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah, you know... you're right. Chillz should have hit more free throws like Marvin.

But aside from the free throws... Marvin was 24 of 58. While Chillz was 22 of 42 on the series.

You know.. Marvin the 41% shooter on the series. compared to Chillz the 52% shooter.. or Marvin the 4.0 rpg player compared to Chillz the 5.7 rpg player...

You see Exodus, you're majoring in the minor things. Marvin gets to the line in garbage time. In our blowout losses, Marvin got to the line 21 times. In those same blowout losses, Marvin was 32% from the field...

So let's think about that.

Marvin = 32% from the field (12/37). When we were loses those games and JJ needed somebody to pass to, when his choice was to pass to Marvin, more than 2 out of those 3 times that he threw it to Marvin, Marvin missed the shot.

Oh, but wait, there's more. However, when the games was over and Marvin was playing with Salim, West, Solo, and Zaza, Marvin was able to make it to the line! Probably hacked by Big Baby or somebody else riding Boston's bench.

Now Exodus... Which of our SFs, had more impact on the game??

If you said Marvin, you're right. He had a negative impact on the game and the series... because when we needed him to score... more than 2/3s of the time... He couldn't deliver.

In 7 games Childress scored over 6 points in only 2 games. That isn't what i call an impact player. Marvin's lowest scoring game of the whole series was 7 pts in the last game when he got kicked out.

In the 3 games the Hawks won Marvin scored 39 pts (57% from the field,15-15 from the line) , Childress 25.

• Premium Member

Quote:

In the 3 games the Hawks won Marvin scored 39 pts (57% from the field,15-15 from the line) , Childress 25.

Oh, let me finish that for you.

Childress 25 with 62% shooting.

Marvin = 24.7 mpg in wins.

Childress = 29.7 mpg in wins.

So when you watched those Hawks wins... Oh wait, you probably didn't watch.

Let me give you the "internet visual".

Last time we saw Marvin in win #1 according to the internet visual and also by memory:

3rd Qtr: 6:31 Williams Substitution replaced by Childress

It's right here.

Last time we saw Marvin in win #2 according to the internet visual and also by memory:

4th Qtr: 7:03 Williams Substitution replaced by Childress

Oh, it's right here.

Last time we saw Marvin in win #3 according to the internet visual

4th Qtr: 8:53 Williams Substitution replaced by Childress

Oh yeah, It's right here.

And you know the funny thing ex... The entrance of Chillz brought about a rally. From Now on, I'm going to call Chillz Rally time. Because when he gets into the game in the 4th qtr, it's rally time.

Marvin on the other hand, I'm going call space taker. What impact does Marvin have on the game? You're quoting Stats, but we're not winning when Marvin is playing!

When Rally time comes in, he brings the effort. He helps us get stops. Maybe you missed those games? Who knows?? Maybe you don't have cable and you're sitting around an analog set. You know you have until Feb next year to get your s--- together.

Quote:

Quote:

Oh, let me finish that for you.

Childress 25 with 62% shooting.

Marvin = 24.7 mpg in wins.

Childress = 29.7 mpg in wins.

So when you watched those Hawks wins... Oh wait, you probably didn't watch.

Let me give you the "internet visual".

Last time we saw Marvin in win #1 according to the internet visual and also by memory:

3rd Qtr: 6:31 Williams Substitution replaced by Childress

It's right here.

Last time we saw Marvin in win #2 according to the internet visual and also by memory:

4th Qtr: 7:03 Williams Substitution replaced by Childress

Oh, it's right here.

Last time we saw Marvin in win #3 according to the internet visual

4th Qtr: 8:53 Williams Substitution replaced by Childress

Oh yeah, It's right here.

And you know the funny thing ex... The entrance of Chillz brought about a rally. From Now on, I'm going to call Chillz Rally time. Because when he gets into the game in the 4th qtr, it's rally time.

Marvin on the other hand, I'm going call space taker. What impact does Marvin have on the game? You're quoting Stats, but we're not winning when Marvin is playing!

When Rally time comes in, he brings the effort. He helps us get stops. Maybe you missed those games? Who knows?? Maybe you don't have cable and you're sitting around an analog set. You know you have until Feb next year to get your s--- together.

I am sure Childress contributed so much to the rallies scoring 6 pts or less in 5 of seven games. That is just laughably bad.

You said marvin got to the line a lot just because it was garbage time in losses. So how do you explain Marvin getting to the line 15 times (making them all) in the wins? I guess those points didn't count.

FYI a 3 pt swing in 9 minutes isn't a rally.

Quote:

If all you see are points when you watch a basketball game, then that's your problem!

Maybe you could explain to me how a 3 pt swing in 9 minutes is a rally. And while your at it you could explain why Childress should get credit for JJ and Smith scoring the last 30 points of a game. Or maybe you could explain how Childress made Smith go off for 27 pts, including three 3 pointers.

Childress gets 6 pts, 2 rebounds and 1 assist in 30 minutes but somehow managed to spark a rally? OK