• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade Marvin now or...

joshuaneder

Quote:

lol by no way is smith graceful, i dont even know why i call him smoove, he is not graceful. if you wanna know gracefull look at jj's game, he glides on the coart. I admit that i overestimated marvins gracefulness but smoove is defenately not graceful. The dude dribbles off his own foot and doesnt know how to run a fast break. Hes so dumb and never gives it to the point gaurd unlike al horford.

Marvin dribbles off his foot too,he falls while trying to dribble.Marvin has ZERO grace.he's a clutz.I hate how Smith dribbles instead of giving it to the PG too but he does not dribble off of his foot.His problem is when he needs to make a decision,that's why the Pg should have the ball,Smith needs to be the finisher.Smith runs like a gazelle,that's graceful.He makes moves that Marvin couldn't make (that normal athletes do in their sleep).I'm not talking up Smith it's just that Marvin is just that BAD of a basketball player.Smith has thing she can improve upon.U can't teach coordination,u can't teach natural basketball instincs.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Marvin dribbles off his foot too,he falls while trying to dribble.Marvin has ZERO grace.he's a clutz.I hate how Smith dribbles instead of giving it to the PG too but he does not dribble off of his foot.His problem is when he needs to make a decision,that's why the Pg should have the ball,Smith needs to be the finisher.Smith runs like a gazelle,that's graceful.He makes moves that Marvin couldn't make (that normal athletes do in their sleep).I'm not talking up Smith it's just that Marvin is just that BAD of a basketball player.Smith has thing she can improve upon.U can't teach coordination,u can't teach natural basketball instincs.

It's ish like this that kills me about this board concerning Marvin. I mean, you read something like this, and you'd think that Marvin averaged 6 ppg, grabbed 3 rebs, and shot 38% FG and 61% FT.

You CANNOT be a bad basketball player, and average almost 15 ppg, 6 rebs, 1 steal, shoot 46% FG, and shoot 82% FT. Some of you are mad because he's not a "star" basketball player because he was the #2 pick. That DOES NOT make him a BAD basketball player. That makes him a guy that's not a star.

I want somebody to show me a bad basketball player who is putting up those numbers across the board.

Going by ESPN.com's stats, in which you can break down how SF's play in each category.

- Marvin was 14th overall in scoring amongst all SFs in the league

- 9th in rebounding

- 11th in FG shooting

- 11th in FT shooting

- 21st in assists

- 17th in steals

- 19th in blocks

- 19th in minutes played

- 10th in double-doubles

- 18th in turnovers

Yet, if you listen to people rant and rave about him on this board, you'd think he was the worst SF to EVER put on a Hawk uniform, and one of the worst SFs currently in the league.

Here's my layman's thoughts on Marvin and the Hawks and Hawksquawk. Of the three we (H/S) are the only ones that really value Marvin. Other teams around the league know that the NBA is a MAN's league. Most teams wouldn't give much for Marvin...maybe a similar soft underachiever. I think the Hawks management know that too and with BK gone there is no more "ego" hold on Marv...but again...what will you get for a regular season shooter who has little impact at crunch time when opponents get serious at crunch time.

Of course many Hawksquawkers would like to keep him and watch him blossom into an all-star SF or trade him for a quality center. Neither of those things are gonna happen.

He doesn't even get the ball during crunch time. JJ, Smoove, or Bibby are taking all of the shots.

I'm not saying that Marvin shouldn't be better than he is. He could be a better rebounder, especially on the offensive boards. He could be a more active player overall. And he could definitely try to develop a 3-point shot. But some of you cats talk like he is straight garbage. Like he's Matt Freije or somebody.

Quote:

Yet he still isn't on the floor during crunch time, those times he is he disappears. You can find guys off the street that disappear like Marvin does during crunch time.

Here is Marvin's scoring by quarter

1st 3.8

2nd 3.7

3rd 4.0

4th 3.3

http://www.82games.com/QTR1S11.HTM

I guess scoring .4 ppg less in the 4th than he does in the 2nd means he is "disappearing".

Quote:

Quote:

It's ish like this that kills me about this board concerning Marvin. I mean, you read something like this, and you'd think that Marvin averaged 6 ppg, grabbed 3 rebs, and shot 38% FG and 61% FT.

You CANNOT be a bad basketball player, and average almost 15 ppg, 6 rebs, 1 steal, shoot 46% FG, and shoot 82% FT. Some of you are mad because he's not a "star" basketball player because he was the #2 pick. That DOES NOT make him a BAD basketball player. That makes him a guy that's not a star.

I want somebody to show me a bad basketball player who is putting up those numbers across the board.

Going by ESPN.com's stats, in which you can break down how SF's play in each category.

- Marvin was 14th overall in scoring amongst all SFs in the league

- 9th in rebounding

- 11th in FG shooting

- 11th in FT shooting

- 21st in assists

- 17th in steals

- 19th in blocks

- 19th in minutes played

- 10th in double-doubles

- 18th in turnovers

Yet, if you listen to people rant and rave about him on this board, you'd think he was the worst SF to EVER put on a Hawk uniform, and one of the worst SFs currently in the league. no stat is gonna prove anything so u wasted alot of time searching that

He's no scrub but people are expecting bigger things.

It's a moot point anyway, once the new GM decides his decision within about 14 months people will have to live with it.

Let's just say is he willing to pay more/less an average SF, draft pick no. 2 type money for 5-6 years. That's my biggest issue. I don't want his contract to hinder future moves ala Claxton.

Oh c'mon...Marvin has had enough time and isn't making any big jumps. Personally, I'm not a Marvin "hater"...I realize that it wasn't his fault that our bozo GM picked him at two and basically made a draft pick based on what espn analysts thought or said. I'm happy for Marvin getting the big bucks for a seriously limited "body of work" at UNC.

That said...we are in a tough situation with "Marvin the Magician" (my nickname) because of how he dissappears during games.

We have a jump shooter who can do very little other than that (above average I mean) and doesn't have three range (which is insane).

Guest Walter

Quote:

Quote:

So we give away our best SF to create a hole at SF, in order to get a 3rd PG or something else? Umm ok

When did he become our best SF?

Exactly. He starts there because unlike Chill and Smoove he isn't positionally versatile and as fragile as he is with the #2 pick investment we made in him up until this point it has been deemed wrong to make him a BU.

You are an idiot, sure marvin falls sometimes, but to say that he is a bad basketball player shows that you know nothing about basketball. Stats are there for a reason and right now marvins stats are good not great but not average. He is an above average small forward at the age of 21 jj had his broke out year at age 22 marvin still hasnt had his breakout year even though he put up better stats than joe during his breakout year. This by itself shows that marvin is a special talent. I suspect that if smoove gets traded he would average around 18 points. Now let that sink in, the guy that you wanted to trade is averaging 18 points at the tender age of 22........... bananallama.gif

Guest Walter

Quote:

Quote:

The only thing I will add is that Chills does more of the things that don't get seen on the stat sheet.

The problem is that we need things that DO show up on the stat sheet, like points and defensive rebounds.

I haven't looked at the stats, but considering that stats are important (and I would assume more than just pts and defensive rebounds, I would assume that an overall statistical assessment would indicate that MW was better than Childress.

I can't imagine a single overall or team statistic that would support this claim. Thus, I challenge EX to demonstrate with TENDEX, PER, Roland, Team +/- NO MATTER THE YEAR that MW is statistically better than Childress. Include the playoffs. It should be laughable. Again, I haven't looked this up, but either EX will and will balk, skew, or be silent.

W

Quote:

You are an idiot, sure marvin falls sometimes, but to say that he is a bad basketball player shows that you know nothing about basketball. Stats are there for a reason and right now marvins stats are good not great but not average. He is an above average small forward at the age of 21 jj had his broke out year at age 22 marvin still hasnt had his breakout year even though he put up better stats than joe during his breakout year. This by itself shows that marvin is a special talent. I suspect that if smoove gets traded he would average around 18 points. Now let that sink in, the guy that you wanted to trade is averaging 18 points at the tender age of 22...........
bananallama.gif

u have to name call?lol.I don't like stats because they don't include circumstances.If he does improve to that good for him,good for us.I'm not gonna hate him for no reason.I'm not deisel and i'm not exodus when it comes to childress.I supported him the whole time but he didn't show me much this year as the year went on and I cooled on him and I usually don't do that to any young player.I just don't like what I see from him and don't u think I know he averaged 15 pt's or whatever.Check my posts earlier this season,I defended him hard.He just don't seem to want it and he doesn't look like a natural basketball player and i'm gonna keep saying that.He fumbles the ball away alot,he's always stumbling when trying to dribble,looses the ball at every hint of contact.It got sickening.I've never seen a player so uncoordinated and clumsy turn into nothing especially when he looks not much different then he did when he was drafted.His overall stats improving is a given to me,that's why stats mean very little to me.Cuz obviously while watching the games with no access to a boxscore i'm not liking what i'm seeing.

So you hate marvin because he accidently trips over his feet sometimes, something that he cant control, yet you say that you used to support him. Wait a moment, when you did support him i guess that he wasnt clumsy since you like non clumsy players. Well if he turned clumsy magically, couldnt he basicly turn unclumsy magically lol. Still either way, this is why you wouldnt be a gm and its so stupid that you hate a player for what he doesnt have control over....

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The only thing I will add is that Chills does more of the things that don't get seen on the stat sheet.

The problem is that we need things that DO show up on the stat sheet, like points and defensive rebounds.

I haven't looked at the stats, but considering that stats are important (and I would assume more than just pts and defensive rebounds, I would assume that an overall statistical assessment would indicate that MW was better than Childress.

I can't imagine a single overall or team statistic that would support this claim. Thus, I challenge EX to demonstrate with TENDEX, PER, Roland, Team +/- NO MATTER THE YEAR that MW is statistically better than Childress. Include the playoffs. It should be laughable. Again, I haven't looked this up, but either EX will and will balk, skew, or be silent.

W

Well that is that little stat called POINTS. Then there is that trivial little issue of defense where Childress is consistently the worst among the regulars. The team gives up 4.2 more ppg when childress is playing which was the exact same story during his rookie year.

Childress scored over 6 ppg only twice in 7 games against Boston. That is just a joke. Not to mention that Marvin also got to the line 3 times as often as Childress in the series.

Scoring and defense are two major issues in this game and Childress sucks at both.

There isn't one wing player in the NBA who plays at least 20 minutes and scores fewer points from the perimeter than Childress. NOT ONE. His complete lack of a perimeter game is a major problem for our half court offense. He kills spacing.

It is swell that Childress can cherry pick his way to some easy fast break baskets but that doesn't help our defense or our pathetic half court offense.

What you and the rest of the Marvin haters are unable to grasp is that it isn't just about who is better but who fits the team better. Childress couldn't possibly be a worse fit here given his abilities. We need perimeter shooting and he is the worst perimeter scoring wing in the league. We need defensive rebounding and Bibby gets just as many defensive rebounds as Childress.

Childress has been here 4 years and is still the same player he was as a rookie. He hasn't added anything to his game.

Quote:

So you hate marvin because he accidently trips over his feet sometimes, something that he cant control, yet you say that you used to support him. Wait a moment, when you did support him i guess that he wasnt clumsy since you like non clumsy players. Well if he turned clumsy magically, couldnt he basicly turn unclumsy magically lol. Still either way, this is why you wouldnt be a gm and its so stupid that you hate a player for what he doesnt have control over....

huh when did I ever say I hated him?I supported him because I gave him the benefit of the doubt like I do all young players.I am not Deisel like I said before.Do u come at exodus the same way when he trashes Childress?what ever i'm done with this,u won't change my mind.Only Marvin can.and I know i'm not changing yours,especially since u see potential in everything banana.gif