• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would you trade J.Smith for Michael Redd?

pimp

There is no kind of rumor or anything, but Bucks fans at realgm were talking about how they would love to trade Redd for Andre Kirilenko.It suprised me.I know i would trade JJ for AK.Anyway, would you sign and trade Smith for Redd, and move JJ to sf?

Bibby

Redd

JJ

Horford or Andersen

Zaza or Horford

• Premium Member

Quote:

There is no kind of rumor or anything, but Bucks fans at realgm were talking about how they would love to trade Redd for Andre Kirilenko.It suprised me.I know i would trade JJ for AK.Anyway, would you sign and trade Smith for Redd, and move JJ to sf?

Bibby

Redd

JJ

Horford or Andersen

Zaza or Horford

No.

Redd is a good shooter, but that's about it.

Quote:

Bibby

Redd

JJ

Horford or Andersen

Zaza or Horford

I like Redd but I'm not sure I'd like this trade. Would Marvin + Bibby for Redd work?

Not sure if this lineup is any good defensively.

Law

Redd

JJ

Smith

Horford

Quote:

No.

Redd is a good shooter, but that's about it.

I'm sure if i would do it myself, but Redd is more than just a shooter , he good at taking it to the basket as well.He gets to the free line alot more than JJ .

IN 82 games JJ shot 389 free throws Redd shot 490 free throws in just 72 games.

Also team like the Celtics would not be able to double JJ like they did.

Quote:

[

I like Redd but I'm not sure I'd like this trade. Would Marvin + Bibby for Redd work?

Law

Redd

JJ

Smith

Horford

I like that better, but they wouldn't need Bibby.They have Mo williams, and that other pg that had a 22 assist game.

Quote:

Quote:

Bibby

Redd

JJ

Horford or Andersen

Zaza or Horford

Law

Redd

JJ

Smith

Horford

That trade was posted on the Bucks board not long ago and they seemed open to it.

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=783425

Quote:

Quote:

I know i would trade JJ for AK

I wouldn't trade Josh Smith for AK or for Redd and I damn sure wouldn't trade JJ for either of them.

I would trade Marvin + fillers for Redd in a heartbeat though.

LOL NOOO..... my bad

That was a typo... i meant i would NOT trade JJ for AK , AND im suprised the Bucks fans would trade Redd for him.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Also team like the Celtics would not be able to double JJ like they did.

This is my rationale for trading Marvin for Raja Bell/#16.

I think Bell is a good defender and great shooter. People couldn't dbl JJ with Bell on the floor. It also opens lanes for Smoove and Horf.

However, what I meant is that Redd just scores. He doesn't play great defense. He doesn't get great assists. Plus he makes far too much.

I don't know about a straight up trade just because we'd be weaker in one point, but much stronger in our outside shooting, but what about some kind of deal like

Smith, Marvin, and filler for Redd and Bogut?

Bibby

Redd

Johnson

Horford

Bogut

Williams

Mason

Williams

Smith

Yi (definitely playing out of place there)

They've got a great nucleus of Yi, Smith and Marvin which to build around.

Atlanta gets a true center which allows them to move Horford to his natural position. Imagine Bogut and Horford banging down low and Bibby, JJ, and Redd open on the wings!

I don't know what kind of filler we could offer since we don't really have any depth now as it is, but it could be future picks or whomever has value now (Anderson, ZaZa?)

They aren't trading Bogut. Word on the Bucks board is that they are pretty close to signing him to an extension.

I would be hesitant to trade Smith for Redd but i think people are underestimating Redd. He is a top notch scorer who can routinely create his own shot facing the best perimeter defenders on the other team. He gets to the line at a fair clip also. With him and JJ together they can't double both of them.

Smith is tough to trade because his type of production is pretty rare and he is so close to being an All-Star already. If he just cuts down his perimeter shots, stops throwing so many crazy passes and boxes out more he is a pretty sure All-Star. Of course those are big ifs.

Quote:

Smith is tough to trade because his type of production is pretty rare and he is so close to being an All-Star already. If he just cuts down his perimeter shots, stops throwing so many crazy passes and boxes out more he is a pretty sure All-Star. Of course those are

big ifs.

It think Smith could be an allstar, but im not so sure he can be an allstar with Woody coaching the team.

I bet if Jerry Sloan or Scott Skiles were our coach, Josh wouldn't be shooting 3s.

Sloan = weeds.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Smith is tough to trade because his type of production is pretty rare and he is so close to being an All-Star already. If he just cuts down his perimeter shots, stops throwing so many crazy passes and boxes out more he is a pretty sure All-Star. Of course those are

big ifs.

It think Smith could be an allstar, but im not so sure he can be an allstar with Woody coaching the team.

I bet if Jerry Sloan or Scott Skiles were our coach, Josh wouldn't be shooting 3s.

Sloan = weeds.gif

Yeah a real coach wouldn't put up with that crap.

Michael Redd is a great shooter and a great scorer, but he really doesn't give you much else. He's not a great defender, doesn't get a lot of rebounds, doesn't share the ball really well. I think we could do better than Michael Redd if we're looking to upgrade the team.

Quote:

Michael Redd is a great shooter and a great scorer, but he really doesn't give you much else. He's not a great defender, doesn't get a lot of rebounds, doesn't share the ball really well. I think we could do better than Michael Redd if we're looking to upgrade the team.

Redd gives us what we lack. He is a big time perimeter scorer which we need. He gives us a legit 1-2 punch with JJ.

As it stands now JJ will continue to get double teamed constantly next year, limiting his effectiveness. We don't really have a legit second option. Smith and Marvin are more like 3rd options. Bibby can't create at all.

Quote:

id rather have jj than redd

So would i but JJ isn't Lebron or Kobe. Other top teams have more star power than we do. If we can add Redd and only give up Bibby/Marvin that is a nobrainer. Redd is one of the top scorers in the league.

Our half court offense completely sucked this past season. But put Redd on this team and things would change in a hurry.