• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Dolfan Challenge....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Dolfan... Or anybody for that matter...

Can you point to 1 Sf that took 6 years of development???

What Sf was in the pros well into his 2nd contract before he became an impact player? And was he playing the minutes that 6 year Marvin is playing??

Your being silly with this 6 years of development thing. The only point Dolfin was trying to make was that Marv is 6 years younger than Miller and more healthy. Therefore Marv would be here alot longer than Miller. There stats right now are preety close except for 3 point shooting. The differance is Miller prolly isnt going to get much better and may even starta downside. Marv has improved every single year so far so YES he is still developing. As for your sf ? I know it took Scottie Pippen a long time before he was a great all around player.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Your being silly with this 6 years of development thing. The only point Dolfin was trying to make was that Marv is 6 years younger than Miller and more healthy. Therefore Marv would be here alot longer than Miller. There stats right now are preety close except for 3 point shooting. The differance is Miller prolly isnt going to get much better and may even starta downside. Marv has improved every single year so far so YES he is still developing. As for your sf ? I know it took Scottie Pippen a long time before he was a great all around player.

Youth doesn't determine Longevity?

They are two different things.

Moreover, unless Marvin makes himself an impact player... age doesn't matter.

About Pippen...

Check it out.

His second year the Bulls were in the conference finals.

By his third year he was point forward putting up over 5 apg.

His scoring totals are almost identical to Marvs in Marvs 1st 3 seasons. I would also imagine that Pippen played more thn 1 year of college ball and was older than Marv in each those 3 seasons as well. Now back to Mike Miller, I keep going back and forth on whether I would do that deal or not. You and Dolfin both make stong cases. I would love to see Millers 3 point shooting and passin ability added to our team. Im just not ready to give up on Marv yet. I think age will equal longevity in this case. I dont see Marv as being anything close to a bust or out of the league anytime soon. Freak injuries can happen I know but huge odds are on Miller finishing his career at least 5 seasons before Marv does.

• Premium Member

Quote:

His scoring totals are almost identical to Marvs in Marvs 1st 3 seasons. I would also imagine that Pippen played more thn 1 year of college ball and was older than Marv in each those 3 seasons as well. Now back to Mike Miller, I keep going back and forth on whether I would do that deal or not. You and Dolfin both make stong cases. I would love to see Millers 3 point shooting and passin ability added to our team. Im just not ready to give up on Marv yet. I think age will equal longevity in this case. I dont see Marv as being anything close to a bust or out of the league anytime soon. Freak injuries can happen I know but huge odds are on Miller finishing his career at least 5 seasons before Marv does.

Pippen was an impact player.

Scoring wise, they didn't need Pip for that.

Rebounding... They didn't need Pip for that.

It was everything else., especially defense.

Marvin is not an impact player.

Well like I said their scoring totals were almost identical the 1st 3 years and Pippen was a 2nd option playing with Jordan. I know Marv is not the defender Pippen was but he is a good defensive player.

I had forgot about how the Lakers sucked the year Caron was there. They had Caron, Kobe, and Lamar Odom and went 34-48. Truthfully, that doesn't seem possible but somehow they did it. Another thing is that it seems like it's not something that instantly clicks being the man on a team. Look at Caron's this year with the Wizards. Joe had to figure it and even Kobe needed some time. He averaged 4 turnovers that year. Everybody needs talent around them or better yet, experienced talent.

Quote:

They did have Phil Jackson.

Nah. Rudy T. was the coach, and quit midseason. Frank Hamblen took over

2004-2005

Phil came in the next year

2005-2006

The Phil turnaround in LA confirmed his genius to me, and confirmed that if you want to challenge to win in June, you have to have a great coach. A great player is not enough. The number of head coaches with rings are few, very few. N'est-ce pas?

• Premium Member

Quote:

Well like I said their scoring totals were almost identical the 1st 3 years and Pippen was a 2nd option playing with Jordan. I know Marv is not the defender Pippen was but he is a good defensive player.

Statistics doesn't mean much. Pippen did so much for the Bulls that may not have been statistically noted.