• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

SUND is a HACK-Make no mistakes about it!

Wurider05

Are we supposed to jump for joy since we got someone from the team with the worst record in the league this season. He will be a yes man. Same old bullshit every damn year. Now they are going to go through next season realizing that Woody was the problem. I am no rocket scientist but what could they see in Woody other than his cheap salary.

I've come to expect no less from this fan base though. It didn't matter who the Hawks hired this offseason, most of you were going to criticize the move.

I like how some fans want to criticize this move or criticize some of the candidates the Hawks interviewed, but none of them can bring up LEGITIMATE candidates that they believe would be better for this team.

On NBA radio today, they said he is well respected in this league. Finalist for many jobs over the years. Even though he has signed bad contracts, that he is a very experienced negotiator. Even mentioned him not giving in to Rashard Lewis' max contract demand. Brought up, Quinn Buckner as HC in Dallas, as his worst decision.

But pretty much every analyst agreed, that he's a great fit in Atlanta. Mentioned a key point, tho. That you can't have a young team, a young/new coach, new owners and hungry fan base...without someone, who's seen all this before. Whether it was a good or bad experience.

I just want him to have the power, to chose the HC. And specifically, not to choose Woody.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I've come to expect no less from this fan base though. It didn't matter who the Hawks hired this offseason, most of you were going to criticize the move.

I like how some fans want to criticize this move or criticize some of the candidates the Hawks interviewed, but none of them can bring up LEGITIMATE candidates that they believe would be better for this team.

Well you have to understand some of those on this site are not even 18 years old. Anyway Sund is a good hire for the Hawks, a solid basketball man who is respected and has been around the league for a while.

Quote:

On NBA radio today, they said he is well respected in this league. Finalist for many jobs over the years. Even though he has signed bad contracts, that he is a very experienced negotiator. Even mentioned him not giving in to Rashard Lewis' max contract demand. Brought up, Quinn Buckner as HC in Dallas, as his worst decision.

But pretty much every analyst agreed, that he's a great fit in Atlanta. Mentioned a key point, tho. That you can't have a young team, a young/new coach, new owners and hungry fan base...without someone, who's seen all this before. Whether it was a good or bad experience.

I just want him to have the power, to chose the HC. And specifically, not to choose Woody.

Agreed, If they get rid of Woody I'll be tickled pink.

Quote:

Quote:

Agreed, If they get rid of Woody I'll be tickled pink.

I'll third that!

woody hasnt been re-signed yet and Sund may have a vision you dont even yet know of for the team so who knows. maybe it even includes woody. i would hold my judgement, he has an amazing record with trades and moves and over 30 years of experience. he clearly knows his stuff. and david andersen may just be the big man he needs.

Other than the one trade that he made where he fleeced the Bucks out of Ray Allen, what trades have been good that he has made? Vlad for Wilcox is a wash. He sent Bobby Simmons to the Wizards for Drobs on draft night, got absolutely nothing for Willie Green on draft night as well. At best his trades have been mediocre outside of the Ray Allen trade. That's a lot better than horrible, but still nothing to get excited about.

Quote:

Are we supposed to jump for joy since we got someone from the team with the worst record in the league this season. He will be a yes man. Same old bullshit every damn year. Now they are going to go through next season realizing that Woody was the problem. I am no rocket scientist but what could they see in Woody other than his cheap salary.

idk, it was expected that the Sonics would be in last. They were rebuilding so that can be thrown away. As for his decisions, I didn't notice too many bad ones. Kurt Thomas was a dumb signing but Wilcox was a smart one. Luke R. didn't pan out like he would have liked. I like him, he is no Dumars but he has potential.

Quote:

Other than the one trade that he made where he fleeced the Bucks out of Ray Allen, what trades have been good that he has made? Vlad for Wilcox is a wash. He sent Bobby Simmons to the Wizards for Drobs on draft night, got absolutely nothing for Willie Green on draft night as well. At best his trades have been mediocre outside of the Ray Allen trade. That's a lot better than horrible, but still nothing to get excited about.

He try to build around Lewis and Allen.... the tandem had potential but Allen was aging meaning he was on decline so he(Sund) had to rebuild. Not resigning Lewis was a great move by his part, not that Lewis isn't good but you can't build around him thus 'rebuilding' of the team. That's the way I see it. He brought in a very good coach in P.J. Carlisimo.

Quote:

Quote:

He try to build around Lewis and Allen.... the tandem had potential but Allen was aging meaning he was on decline so he(Sund) had to rebuild. Not resigning Lewis was a great move by his part, not that Lewis isn't good but you can't build around him thus 'rebuilding' of the team. That's the way I see it. He brought in a very good coach in P.J. Carlisimo.

not to mention he left (and was still a consultant) right before they drafted durant and traded an aging allen for a draft pick and fillers.

This is not just to you but the board in general as I have now read today that Sund drafted Durant and now that he "let Lewis go". First off, Lewis wasn't let go, he was traded for a future 2nd round pick which was an absolutely horrible deal considering Lewis is still one of the top SFs in the game and had a very good year. Secondly, he was traded by Presti, just as Presti drafted Durant.

I would hope and pray that Sund could get more than a future 2nd round draft pick for a 20ppg 6'10 SF with deep 3pt range but who knows.

After he was replaced as GM Sam Presti came in and drafted Durant, traded Ray Allen for the pick to draft Jeff Green, and then gave away Rashard Lewis. Call Sund a consultant or whatever, but those were not his decisions. All of those moves came within 60 days of Presti taking over so he clearly wanted to clean house and start over young. No way was Sund going to get rid of Allen and Lewis like that.

Quote:

This is not just to you but the board in general as I have now read today that Sund drafted Durant and now that he "let Lewis go". First off, Lewis wasn't let go, he was traded for a future 2nd round pick which was an absolutely horrible deal considering Lewis is still one of the top SFs in the game and had a very good year. Secondly, he was traded by Presti, just as Presti drafted Durant.

I would hope and pray that Sund could get more than a future 2nd round draft pick for a 20ppg 6'10 SF with deep 3pt range but who knows.

As for Lewis was a un-restricted.... I'm not sure about that, but I remember him getting a big contract. The same was done to Al Harrington in Atlanta. I recall Lewis saying he was willing to stay... as for Harrington, it was generally accepted that it will be best if him and the Hawks parted ways.

Quote:

This is not just to you but the board in general as I have now read today that Sund drafted Durant and now that he "let Lewis go". First off, Lewis wasn't let go, he was traded for a future 2nd round pick which was an absolutely horrible deal considering Lewis is still one of the top SFs in the game and had a very good year.
Secondly, he was traded by Presti, just as Presti drafted Durant.

oh ok.

Quote:

No, Lewis had a player option so he wasn't an UFA but he did opt out and was able to sign with the Magic but the Magic needed to acquire him in trade and that's why they made the trade.

oh, that's understandable, the Sonics should have received more for Lewis then just a 2nd rounder.. maybe they needed the caproom.

They were lucky they got anything (a conditional 2nd-rounder & $9M trade exception) for Rashard Lewis as he opted out and they had no leverage... he wasn't going to be re-signed as they wouldn't have matched the ridiculous, monstrous deal Orlando gave Lewis.

Sund's real mistake was not trading Lewis earlier in the year when they could have received value for him... I know many Sonics fans thought they could have re-signed him but he repeatedly said he was going to opt out so Sund should have traded him realizing ownership wouldn't have stepped up and matched other offers...