• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Unless we upgrade our bench we will be mediocre.

adrian

All the past and present good to great teams had/ have good to great benches with players that could fill many roles. I could go on and on but david anderson wont cut it. Sad thing is when/ if the joshes are resigned we have no money to upgrade our bench. Thoughts?

We need a quality big man. Someone to play defense, that could be Zaza which is meaningless. He need someone who can when asked apon get starter minutes. That just the type of team we have.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I dont think our bench is in need of THAT much in upgrading...they just need playing time. And thats what concerns me the most about Woodson being resigned, he doesnt develop or play his bench.

We have to get another veteran big man that can come in and play D and rebound and I don't think we have to give up the bank to get a reserve. We also need a shooter but I believe that Jeremy Richardson can provide that instant offense.

Quote:

Quote:

I dont think our bench is in need of THAT much in upgrading...they just need playing time. And thats what concerns me the most about Woodson being resigned, he doesnt develop or play his bench.

We have to get another veteran big man that can come in and play D and rebound and I don't think we have to give up the bank to get a reserve. We also need a shooter but I believe that Jeremy Richardson can provide that instant offense.

For me its shooter first and then the big man.

The shooter helps the team get through those 5-8 minute stretches at between quarters where the Hawks just can't score. A shooter also lets JJ get some rest.

A big man that takes up space can can rebound is also needed, but if I had to choose between the two, go for the scorer first on this team.

Richardson is a 11-15 player on most NBA teams (i.e., end of the bench guy). That said, he still should have gotten 5 minutes a game with the Hawks.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

For me its shooter first and then the big man.

The shooter helps the team get through those 5-8 minute stretches at between quarters where the Hawks just can't score. A shooter also lets JJ get some rest.

A big man that takes up space can can rebound is also needed, but if I had to choose between the two, go for the scorer first on this team.

Richardson is a 11-15 player on most NBA teams (i.e., end of the bench guy). That said, he still should have gotten 5 minutes a game with the Hawks.

Richardson showed some flashes and maybe you are right that he is a 11-15 guy. I would like to have seen him play a little more but the team appeared to be set on Salim off the becnh.

Richardson should have seen more court time, but the fact is that he hasn't really stuck with other NBA teams, therefore you have to think he's a marginal NBA talent. I would rather the Hawks get a guy that is a legit 6-8 player. Pietrus, IMO, is one of the guys the Hawks should take a hard look at if they go the FA rout for getting a legit 6th man.

Quote:

For me its shooter first and then the big man. The shooter helps the team get through those
5-8 minute stretches at between quarters where the Hawks just can't score.
A shooter also lets JJ get some rest.

That's a huge issue with this team. And that's the reason why JJ couldn't rest much. This got better when Bibby came on board, but the offense would sometimes go straight to hell with JJ out of the game.

But while a shooter will definitely help, what will help more in this area is if one of the other starters can effectively take over the role as the main offensive threat while JJ is out of the game.

We may need a guy who can shoot and create his own shot, rather than just a shooter. That's what people want Marvin to be.

If Richardson can come into a game and do what Salim couldn't, and that's IMMEADIATELY knock down shots, then he may have a place in the rotation. If he's an inconsistent shooter, keep him off the floor, because he's a bad defender.

And keep this in mind . . Jeremy had stints in Portland and San Antonio, and he couldn't stay on with those squads. So if Jeremy is retained, but doesn't see the floor, it may have to do more with Jeremy, and not the team he's on.