to

JJ, Melo, Horford

bibby

JJ

Melo

Horford

ZaZa or Whoever we can get out of free agency

and resign Chillz

I don't want to trade josh smith and i probably wouldn't for anything (that's my heart talking, give me a break, he's my favorite player, on my favorite team, in my favorite sport), that being said, that line up looks pretty healthy to me, and you get bench play from chillz, law, zaza, or whoever we pick up in FA. I know thats a lot of money tied up in three players (about 45mil I think), but that's life, you gotta pay the cost to be the boss. plus you're going to have to pay smooth anyway, and marvins payday is coming up. why not have another legit superstar.

No way.

That is way too much for Melo who's a nice scorer but nothing on defense. Add in that he is immature and tends to pout. Smith is already more mentally tough than Melo and plays significantly better defense.

If we are going to trade Smith then we need a good big in return.

melo is a bonafied superstar in this league, he's young too. this trade takes so much pressure of JJ to do it all. I can just see woody's two man game fitting this 2 perfectly. joe working off of melo, melo working off of joe. we know what joe can do by himself, but we don't know what joe could do with another elite scorer on the team. i think it would pretty good. yeah we lose on Defensive, but hey, you lose some, you win some

Quote:

No way.

That is way too much for Melo who's a nice scorer but nothing on defense. Add in that he is immature and tends to pout. Smith is already more mentally tough than Melo and plays significantly better defense.

If we are going to trade Smith then we need a good big in return.

Yea I feel you on that he has some character issues, I know he would get in trouble in a city like Atlanta.

but you guys would take artest. come on. some of the trade that are proposed here are absolutely foolish. this actually makes sense. and with bibby as potential trade bait or just coming off the books the next year it makes even more since, because he could actually fetch a pretty good big man. look at the trade from the outside, not just in hawksquawk world.

• Premium Member

Quote:

melo is a bonafied superstar in this league, he's young too. this trade takes so much pressure of JJ to do it all. I can just see woody's two man game fitting this 2 perfectly. joe working off of melo, melo working off of joe. we know what joe can do by himself, but we don't know what joe could do with another elite scorer on the team. i think it would pretty good. yeah we lose on Defensive, but hey, you lose some, you win some

Even being an offensive threat, I think Smoove has a bigger impact on the game than Mello does. Moreover, Mello's attitude and maturity is a major no.

Quote:

Nah, wouldn't do it. First off Smith is too good defensively. I would go for Marv/Bibby for Anthony, but still I think he would get arrested within a week in the ATL.

oh smith is good defensively now. i thought he was only good for help defense, but he's man was weak.

marvin and bibby? who the hell wants marvin, carmelo doubles marvins scoring consistantly. and can create his on shot without commiting an offensive foul. marvin cant headline any trade concerning a superstar.

Quote:

but you guys would take artest. come on. some of the trade that are proposed here are absolutely foolish. this actually makes sense.

Well Artest could be had for just Marvin without Josh Smith. Artest would not be the face of the franchise. He would just fit in and play a role.

Carmelo has issues. A DUI the night after a game a week before the playoffs ? You honsetly want that being the face of the franchise.

Quote:

smooth's attitude isn't so hot all the time either. he's just one incident away from becoming an "i told u this guy was trouble and we should have traded him"

Yea but Smoove is a knuclehead on the court, you dont see him in the newspaper for anything negative off the court like Melo.

Quote:

Quote:

smooth's attitude isn't so hot all the time either. he's just one incident away from becoming an "i told u this guy was trouble and we should have traded him"

Yea but Smoove is a knuclehead on the court, you dont see him in the newspaper for anything negative off the court like Melo.

Melo is a knucklehead on the court, too.

Quote:

Quote:

I'd much rather get Ron Artest for less.

don't you see what artest can potentially do to a fanchise, he's got the background. he was the ring leader of one of the most infamous moments in live television history.

Ring leader ? C'mon man. He wasn't the only one in the stands, so I think everyone involved should be seen in a similar light. Also, I haven't heard anything negative from Artest since. He's not a "franchise destroyer" like everyone wants him to be, but he's far from an angel.

like i said in my original post, i probably wouldn't trade smooth for anything, but the hawks with melo, jj, and horford, win 50+ games next year. and in the east get a top 4 seed, lets see what we get with smooth and marvin. i love them to death, but there's no doubt where a better team with melo next year at the same price