• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who are some players you could accept for Smoove?

Admin

Let's say that we decided (for whatever reason) to SnT Smoove. Considering that he is BYC we will only be able to take back about 6 million for him in return salary unless we add in other players, which I don't think is a good idea since it would create additional holes.

So with that in mind, who are some players in the 6 million and under range that you would be willing to SnT Smoove for? Here are some options for me:

Rudy Gay

Andris Biedrins (with a 1st)

Al Jefferson

Hedo Turkoglu (with a 1st)

Andre Iguodala (with a 1st)

Greg Oden (I'd also add a future 1st)

LaMarcus Aldridge (with a 1st)

Brandon Roy

Chris Wilcox (with their lotto pick)

Tyrus Thomas or Joakim Noah (with their lotto pick)

Udonis Haslem (with their lotto pick)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think all this Smoove trade talk is irrelevant. Personally I wouldnt trade Smoove for any of those guys Dolfan mentioned. As none of them are worth what Smith brings. Smoove is still blooming offensively and defensively he's already a anchor for us altering shots and blocking some. The kid has a poor jumpshot and not great footwork in the low post but he still manages to use his athleticism and agressiveness to get about 18ppg a night, Imagine when he does have a decent jumpshot and a good low-post game in his prime! Josh is the FACE of this franchise right now, JJ is our leader but to the non ATL fans they see Josh as head of our team and thats not a bad look, from the former slam dunk champ.

NONE of those players mentioned by Dolfan can replace what Josh has done here and will do here. So just match the offer sund and lets look at doing something to upgrade the 3 spot. Richard Jefferson???

Quote:

Let's say that we decided (for whatever reason) to SnT Smoove. Considering that he is BYC we will only be able to take back about 6 million for him in return salary unless we add in other players, which I don't think is a good idea since it would create additional holes.

So with that in mind, who are some players in the 6 million and under range that you would be willing to SnT Smoove for? Here are some options for me:

Rudy Gay

Andris Biedrins (with a 1st)

Al Jefferson

Hedo Turkoglu (with a 1st)

Andre Iguodala (with a 1st)

Brandon Roy

Chris Wilcox (with their lotto pick)

Tyrus Thomas or Joakim Noah (with their lotto pick)

Those all seem like fair deals from our perspective, I wouldn't consider Rudy straight up fair but other than that...

That being said, it being fair and it being desirable are two seperate things right? Outside the Oden one (which they wouldn't touch), I wouldn't really push to do any of those.

I wouldn't push to do any of those deals other than Oden and the Bulls/Heat deals but if we had to make a move for him those are definitely some options. Unless we get back a big 4 or a true 5 we would still have the problem of playing Horford out of position or possibly even moving Marvin to the 4 where he would probably struggle so a deal would definitely be tough. Plus we would have to get a team that is under the cap or a 3rd team involved that is under the cap.

My preference is to keep Smoove but you never know what will happen.

I don't like the idea of throwing in Zaza because that creates another hole for us that we would have to fill. Like him or not Zaza is our biggest player and our best bench big and even though Kaman would certainly fit in well as our starting 5 we would be extremely thin at the backup 4 and 5 and wouldn't have much money and no draft picks to address it.

Good post, but I don't see those players coming here.

I love Al Jefferson's game, but he is their franchise player and MINN is building a nice roster which should make a 5-year playoff run within 3 years or so.

Those other players are nice, but I don't see those teams' GMs wanting them to come here.

If I thought there was any chance Chicago would give us Noah and the #1 (Rose) for Smoove. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

That probably delays any progress in terms of our winning percentage another year, but I think gives us a much higher ceiling. I think Acie Law will be a fine PG, but Rose could be something really special.

I would prefer Smoove over all of these but I would not go totally insane if any of these happened b/c we would at least be adding comparable talent to win now:

Baron Davis

Bedrinis + 1st

Okefor

Gerald Wallace + 1st

Al Jefferson

Aldridge = + first

Dalembert / T. Young

C. Boozer

B. Miller /Artest

Oden

Kaman + 1st

Kaman / Thorton

R. Jefferson / 1st

A lot of those names are great but dealing for them would be extremely difficult due to Smoove being BYC. Most of those guys (and especially in combination) make more than 6 million per so we would have to create additional holes in our roster in order to make them.

Quote:

I wouldn't push to do any of those deals other than Oden and the Bulls/Heat deals but if we had to make a move for him those are definitely some options. Unless we get back a big 4 or a true 5 we would still have the problem of playing Horford out of position or possibly even moving Marvin to the 4 where he would probably struggle so a deal would definitely be tough. Plus we would have to get a team that is under the cap or a 3rd team involved that is under the cap.

My preference is to keep Smoove but you never know what will happen.

I would trade Smith for Billups and Prince, and another team gets Marvin for a starting Center like Joe Przy..

Quote:

If I thought there was any chance Chicago would give us Noah and the #1 (Rose) for Smoove. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Exactly.

Quote:

These also, while ...

Quote:

Rudy Gay

Al Jefferson

... these are intriguing.

I'm sure that we couldn't get many of those players on my list of guys I would accept. Gay would be a match talent wise but it would force us to move Marvin back to his more natural 4 (where he probably can't play in the NBA) or more likely trade him.