• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If you had to choose: Horford or Smith

Admin

Quote:

Nope, I was looking at the Hawks schedule on Hawks.com and the page didn't load all the way so I missed the last game in March.

I thought you were just messing with me. Chillz used to do crap like that. He would make up some BS and then claim i said it just to watch me get pissed.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

Nope, I was looking at the Hawks schedule on Hawks.com and the page didn't load all the way so I missed the last game in March.

I thought you were just messing with me. Chillz used to do crap like that. He would make up some BS and then claim i said it just to watch me get pissed.

Don't let him fool you ex. Dolf's not as young as he used to begeezer.gif. He just forgot the first game even happened. nod.gif

Quote:

Most of the time but not always. I think that in that first game Perkins got into early foul trouble and there were times when KG was guarding Horford.

That was also the game in which Smith got in early foul trouble and Woody sat him down for almost the entire 2nd quarter, if not all of it. That forced Horford to play the 4 a lot that game.

We need both of them and the other Josh. I also think we need to email the Hawks about trying to trade for Donta Ellis with the Warriors and draft Chris Douglass Roberts. This guy fills the basket like Kevin Durant. He is rated 27 or 29 on espn but he avg. about 20 a game. Trade Zsa to who ever has the 27th pick and get him.

Quote:

Only 2 of those guys are 4s.

The All Star game doesn't differentiate between PFs and SFs or PGs and SGs. Its just "forwards," "guards," and "centers."

Quote:

VC and iggy are guards. If Turgolu didn't make it this year it is doubtful he can make it next year.

VC played guard most of the time but Iggy was Philly's starting SF. Willie Green was their starting SG and Andre Miller started at PG.

Quote:

Then he is going to have to actually look to shoot rather than standing around looking for someone to pass to while his man plays off him.

Getting owned again by Bogut won't help his cause either.

He will definitely have to be more aggressive on offense but I think he will be. The 13/10/4/1 he averaged against Boston isn't far from 14 and 11.

As for Bogut, Bogut will likely always be a tough matchup for him because of his size but there are 28 other teams in the NBA and what Al and Bogut do against those teams matter more than what they will do against each other head to head. Which team has a better record will likely factor in as well.

• Premium Member

Quote:

We need both of them and the other Josh. I also think we need to email the Hawks about trying to trade for Donta Ellis with the Warriors and draft Chris Douglass Roberts. This guy fills the basket like Kevin Durant. He is rated 27 or 29 on espn but he avg. about 20 a game. Trade Zsa to who ever has the 27th pick and get him.

Welcome to the boards.

I think your trade proposals would be great for us, unfortunately you are underestimating the value of Monta Ellis to the Warriors... as of now, he is pretty much their Franchise guard. We would have a much easier time trying to get Baron Davis than Ellis from them... Also, there is no team that would trade a late first round pick for Zaza, especially after the terrible year he just had.

None of the guys are perfect but I picked Horford because I think he can be really good at the 4 and we are choosing who's the best at the 4. Josh is a tweener and Horf can play the 5 so even as tweeners I still pick Horford. As far as him getting beat by Bogut sometimes things happen. I know everytime I watch us play the Knicks Josh gets owned by David Lee. It's mind boggling but...

Quote:

Horford will have SIGNIFICANTLY less competition to make the All Star Game at Center than Smoove will have a forward. There are 4 forward spots, 4 guard spots, 2 center spots and 2 at large spots.

At forward, Garnett, LeBron, Pierce and Bosh are virtual locks for the All Star game. If Vince Carter is listed at forward, you can throw him in too. That doesn't even include R. Jefferson, Lewis, Turkoglu or Iguodala.

At Center, D Howard is a lock as the starter but after that you have Okafor, Bogut, Dalembert, Ilgauskas, and MAYBE J. O'Neal (depending on whether he is listed at Center or forward) for Horford to compete with. I think Horford is going to match the 14/11 that Okafor put up last year at a minimum. If he does that and we are winning, I think that might be enough to get him in.

Josh Smith also has a singificantly higher ceiling.

Josh Smith plays like a top 5 player in this entire league when he plays with a high BBIQ.

Quote:

Quote:

Horford will have SIGNIFICANTLY less competition to make the All Star Game at Center than Smoove will have a forward. There are 4 forward spots, 4 guard spots, 2 center spots and 2 at large spots.

At forward, Garnett, LeBron, Pierce and Bosh are virtual locks for the All Star game. If Vince Carter is listed at forward, you can throw him in too. That doesn't even include R. Jefferson, Lewis, Turkoglu or Iguodala.

At Center, D Howard is a lock as the starter but after that you have Okafor, Bogut, Dalembert, Ilgauskas, and MAYBE J. O'Neal (depending on whether he is listed at Center or forward) for Horford to compete with. I think Horford is going to match the 14/11 that Okafor put up last year at a minimum. If he does that and we are winning, I think that might be enough to get him in.

Josh Smith also has a singificantly higher ceiling.

Josh Smith plays like a top 5 player in this entire league when he plays with a high BBIQ.

I don't think the difference in overall potential is not as significant as you describe it. Also, Josh Smith rarely plays with a high "BBIQ" and even when he does, he's certainly not a top 5 player in the league. I picked Al Horford, because I think all Horford will be a better PF than Josh Smith. I think he'll be better at PF than Smith will be at SF, as well. This all depends on whether or not Josh Smith plays under control and develops a jumpshot.