• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

RJ to the Bucks! GOD I HATE OUR FRONT OFFICE!

A-town Hawks

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

He can shoot over anyone and isn't a finesse player like Bargnani.

Yi is as soft as Charmin. He can't take contact at all. I have never seen a 7 footer shoot so poorly inside or get his shot blocked so often.

http://www.82games.com/0708/07MIL10A.HTM

He's young, making the transition from International to NBA, was a rookie, and his body is still weak and developing. The kid is gona be a player

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

He can shoot over anyone and isn't a finesse player like Bargnani.

Yi is as soft as Charmin. He can't take contact at all. I have never seen a 7 footer shoot so poorly inside or get his shot blocked so often.

http://www.82games.com/0708/07MIL10A.HTM

He's young, making the transition from International to NBA, was a rookie, and his body is still weak and developing. The kid is gona be a player

He'll be a player all right, a bench player. He was 23 this past season and got pushed around like a rag doll. He makes Marvin look physical.

Just because he gets his shot blocked inside doesn't make him soft. Marvin gets his shot blocked inside a lot too, does that make him soft or weak? I'm sure some of you will say yes but I think it's more about timing than about being weak, certainly with Yi has pretty strong legs and I think he did well at the pre-draft workouts in regard to strength but I haven't looked up the numbers to say for certain.

Quote:

Yi has pretty strong legs and I think he did well at the pre-draft workouts

He didn't even attend the combine testing.

Quote:

Marvin gets his shot blocked inside a lot too, does that make him soft or weak?

Marvin gets his shot blocked far less than Yi, scores nearly twice as many points inside as Yi, and shoots 12% better than Yi on shots inside in spite of being younger and shorter.

Quote:

Just because he gets his shot blocked inside doesn't make him soft. Marvin gets his shot blocked inside a lot too, does that make him soft or weak? I'm sure some of you will say yes but I think it's more about timing than about being weak, certainly with Yi has pretty strong legs and I think he did well at the pre-draft workouts in regard to strength but I haven't looked up the numbers to say for certain.

Yi's sole purpose in NJ will be to hit jumpshots and to pull a big man out of the paint so that LeBron can take it to the hoop. The next few years he just needs to work on the jump shot.

Marvin gets his shot blocked what 23% of the time inside and Yi 36%? By comparison Josh Smith gets blocked 12% inside. I would say that Marvin is still pretty "soft" if you consider Yi to be soft because of that stat.

Just to have an fair comparison, what was Marvin's rate as a rookie?

Quote:

Marvin gets his shot blocked what 23% of the time inside and Yi 36%? By comparison Josh Smith gets blocked 12% inside. I would say that Marvin is still pretty "soft" if you consider Yi to be soft because of that stat.

Just to have an fair comparison, what was Marvin's rate as a rookie?

Marvin is 4" shorter than Yi in case you didn't know.

Here are the numbers from Marvin's rookie year.

http://www.82games.com/0506/05ATL10A.HTM

They are still far better than Yi's.

Quote:

What does height have to do with it?
Joe Johnson is 2" shorter than Marvin and he gets his inside shots blocked half as much as Marvin does. So is JJ twice as strong as Marvin?

Geez

First of all JJ measured only 1/4" shorter than Marvin without shoes at the combine.

click

Secondly THE TALLER YOU ARE THE EASIER IT IS TO SHOOT OVER OTHER PEOPLE!!

Yi's problem isn't just getting his shot blocked all the time. It is also the fact that he shoots a piss poor percentage inside. The reason for that is because he is a pansy.

A Williams/Redd/Jefferson combo doesn't scare me at all. That team didn't play any D last year and Jefferson won't help much in that regard. All this means is that they will go inside to Bogut even less. As for NJ, if Yi becomes anything of signifcance, it won't be next year. I think we stay ahead of both of these teams next year if we resign the Joshes.

Hawks.com has JJ listed at 6'7 while Marvin is 6'9. So you're telling me that Marvin wears 1 3/4" higher shoes than JJ?

Height has very little do to with getting your shot blocked. Timing is SIGNIFICANTLY more important. There have been hundreds of little guys that were able to get their shots off without being blocked in the history of the NBA.

Conversely you don't have to be tall to be a shot blocker. Josh Smith is only 6'9 but he has incredible timing and that makes him a great shot blocker.

Quote:

Quote:

All I know at the combine Marvin's vertical was only 2inc better than Bogut's

It was also an inch better than Iggy's and only 1" less than Childress.

You can throw that fact out the window because neither Chillz nor Marvin is a better in game leaper than Iggy. Thats when it really matters. Yi isn't strong enough inside though. He may end up like his new teammate Nochbar when all is said and done.

Quote:

Hawks.com has JJ listed at 6'7 while Marvin is 6'9. So you're telling me that Marvin wears 1 3/4" higher shoes than JJ?

Everyone knows they lie about their height, and now colleges have become just as bad. The only reliable measurement you get over their entire careers is the nba combine. JJ was only 1/4" shorter than Marvin and yet they were listed as 2" apart from day 1.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Come on now !

When VC was Redd's age and before Kidd was 35 the Nets were in the Finals TWICE. EASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPS TWICE !

Now VC and Kidd have slowed down.

Mo is no Kidd so they won't win the East but they have a good shot at the playoffs. Am I really crazy to give them a little dap on a good deal ?

The money coming off the year Bosh, Wade, Lebron are FA's meant nothing to the Bucks (unlike the "Brooklyn" Nets). None of those guys would play for a small market like Milwaulkee ,with bad weather, so they get what they can in trades and the draft.

In 2001-02 season RJ was a rookie averaging 9.4 ppg off the bench. He hardly contributed to them going to the finals that year. By the way, they got swept by the Lakers that year. Each year following that season, that trio's success got worse and worse.