• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

RJ to the Bucks! GOD I HATE OUR FRONT OFFICE!

A-town Hawks

Still being worked out but is a close deal according SI.com:

Quote:

By Ian Thomsen, SI.com

The Milwaukee Bucks have agreed in principle to trade Yi Jianlian to the New Jersey Nets for Richard Jefferson, two league sources told SI.com.

The Bucks also are sending Bobby Simmons to the Nets. He has $20.5 million left on a contract that expires in the summer of 2010, when LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh could become free agents.

Yi's camp was said to be ecstatic about going to the rebuilding Nets and playing in a major market, which was one of the original concerns when he was drafted by the Bucks last year. Yi threatened to not sign with Milwaukee in hopes of forcing a trade to another team.

The Bucks get out from under Simmons' contract while providing new coach Scott Skiles with a veteran player who can help him win now. The Bucks also retain their No. 8 pick in the draft to further revamp their team. The Nets hold the No. 10 pick in the draft.

WHYYYYYYY!!!!!! He couldv'e easily been had in a Marvin/Speedy/future pick trade. STRIKE 2 for SUND!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing that I hate is that it seems Sund is not even looking into possibilities to improve our roster. I have not heard 1 thing or even got the vibes from him and his interviews that he is even looking into possibilities to improve our roster during this draft day. I'm officially done with this guy, call it early if you want but after living through all the crap BK brought here I have no tolerance for any GM's brought in by the good fellows of the ASG. Im pissed!

Wow ! Giving up on Yi already !

Mo / Redd / RJ call flat out play. They will be tough next year with Karl focusing on defense.

Still no PF but I guess they still got their draft pick ?

You think the Nets would have wanted Marvin over Yi ? We would have had to include Bibby, who they don't need, but his contract comes off the books a year sooner then Simmons.

If Sund wanted to make the RJ / filler / for Marvin / Bibby swap it appears he could have. I really hyped on RJ lately but now was too early for us to trade Bibby anyway since Law still has to assert himself.

I don't blame Sund but if he did not offer Speedy / Marvin they that is unacceptible.

Im ashamed to call Rick Sund our GM, and ASG our ownership. WE WANT BILLY BACK! lol I don't know about all that, but maybe he would of been smart enough to go for a guy that can improve us tremendously offensively and defensively like RJ can. RJ is everything we wanted Marvin to be, and everything Marvin wont become, what a shame to see our chances of getting him crumble away. Official Sund hater.

Quote:

Im ashamed to call Rick Sund our GM, and ASG our ownership. WE WANT BILLY BACK! lol I don't know about all that, but maybe he would of been smart enough to go for a guy that can improve us tremendously offensively and defensively like RJ can. RJ is everything we wanted Marvin to be, and everything Marvin wont become, what a shame to see our chances of getting him crumble away. Official Sund hater.

BK is somewhere laughing at us right now

Quote:

Quote:

WOW the Nets got ROBBED!!

I agree. On first glance, it looks like the Nets got fleeced out of a major bargaining chip in their rebuild.

JayZ apparently thinks LBJ is a done deal in 2010. They are clearing cap room to make room for the King.

• Premium Member

Quote:

!Mo / Redd / RJ call flat out play. They will be tough next year with Karl focusing on defense.

Lets see, the Nets had Kidd, RJ, and Vince cater and didn't make the playoffs but somehow Mo Williams, Redd and Rj is a better combo?

Quote:

Quote:

!Mo / Redd / RJ call flat out play. They will be tough next year with Karl focusing on defense.

Lets see, the Nets had Kidd, RJ, and Vince cater and didn't make the playoffs but somehow Mo Williams, Redd and Rj is a better combo?

Agreed. MIL has Bogut, but RJ is not a difference makes in this league. (SFs rarely are. Right, BK?)

I'm glad we're not pinning the entire future of this team on 2010. I think half the league has cleared room for a max deal now. Hell, even we've got $20 million+ in expirings with Joe and Speedy. There will be a lot of disappointed teams that summer.

Quote:

Quote:

Come on now !

When VC was Redd's age and before Kidd was 35 the Nets were in the Finals TWICE. EASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPS TWICE !

Now VC and Kidd have slowed down.

Mo is no Kidd so they won't win the East but they have a good shot at the playoffs. Am I really crazy to give them a little dap on a good deal ?

The money coming off the year Bosh, Wade, Lebron are FA's meant nothing to the Bucks (unlike the "Brooklyn" Nets). None of those guys would play for a small market like Milwaulkee ,with bad weather, so they get what they can in trades and the draft.

While I wouldn't want Yi over Horford, Yi showed some things in flashes last year that he has the skills to be very good and he is still young. He can shoot over anyone and isn't a finesse player like Bargnani. Simmons is nothing to write home about but at least he can provide some solid minutes off the bench.

RJ is a good player, but he has already reached his peak and looks to be on the downward slope and as Trace point out the other day always seems to have some type of injury.

I really think this may end up being one of those deals that takes a couple of years to really show who the winner is, but I truly believe that it will be the Nets.