• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

James Jones opts out in Portland.

DJ_Money

He's definately a shooter to look at. He hit over 44% from 3 last season.

He was scheduled to make $3.1 million next year. I'd assume he wants a raise off that. We'd probably have to invest a significant portion of the MLE. Something like 3 years/$13-15 million?

I'd prefer to find a shooter (Mason, Rush, etc.) for close to the minimum and save the MLE to chase the bigs, but Jones is one player to keep an eye on.

Quote:

He was scheduled to make $3.1 million next year.
I'd assume he wants a raise off that
. We'd probably have to invest a significant portion of the MLE. Something like 3 years/$13-15 million?

I'd prefer to find a shooter (Mason, Rush, etc.) for close to the minimum and save the MLE to chase the bigs, but Jones is one player to keep an eye on.

it might not take a raise to get him. he may just want more years on a deal. He is definitely worth a look.

Quote:

He was scheduled to make $3.1 million next year. I'd assume he wants a raise off that. We'd probably have to invest a significant portion of the MLE. Something like 3 years/$13-15 million?

I like Jones or Mason from this spot. Jones is a little more consistent but you can probably save some money if you gamble on Mason.

• Premium Member

Quote:

He could definitely be our Raja Bell.

• Premium Member

I've heard Jones is a lockerroom Leader.

I have also heard that it will cost about 5-6 Million per year to get him. He opted out for a longer contract and PTL just might give it to him. I can see them trying to trade Webster though...

Quote:

No way are we going to invest the kind of money it takes to sign Jones to play SF if we are going to pay Chillz $6M+ a season to be our 6th man. The only way I see us going after Jones is if we decide we can't afford Chillz.

That is fine with me. We need 3 pt shooting badly to open up the inside for Smith and Horford.

Plus with Jones hanging out on the perimeter all the time maybe that will encourage Smith to look for openings inside and hit the offensive glass instead of building a house on the rim with his long jumpers.

Quote:

Quote:

No way are we going to invest the kind of money it takes to sign Jones to play SF if we are going to pay Chillz $6M+ a season to be our 6th man. The only way I see us going after Jones is if we decide we can't afford Chillz.

That is fine with me. We need 3 pt shooting badly to open up the inside for Smith and Horford.

Plus with Jones hanging out on the perimeter all the time maybe that will encourage Smith to look for openings inside and hit the offensive glass instead of building a house on the rim with his long jumpers.

I'm not necessarilly endorsing the letting of Childress walk, but if Childress weren't on the baseline for every possession, Smith would be.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Speedys contract is really biting the Hawks in the azz right now!Why doesn't he just retire?

I asked that same question a few days ago. We've GOT to find a way to get rid of this guy's contract.

Quote:

F that! get trade Marvin's ass. Bring JJ in to play sf

DAMN THIS MAKES ME SO HYPED!!!

JUST THINK ABOUT THIS LINE UP

BIBBY(would rather see Law but i can go with bib if we get James)

Joe J

James J

J-Smoove

Big AL

Maybe, we could trade Marvin and Bibby for a big/bench PG... I can see us running with Law

Maybe, we could trade Marvin for Roy Hibbert & a player

The key is... Sund needs to have his ass on the phone or find someone close to James Jone to try to find if he would come here. DAMN, those Suns fans would not like that if we got both of their JJs. lol

I can't believe are getting this excited over James Jones. I'd be happy to sign the guy to a contract of about 2 million a season but I don't believe he is worth much more than that. I might go 3 million if we got good deals on Smoove and Childress.