• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diaw MVP????

Diesel

• Premium Member

I've been doing my research... Trying to find mention of Diaw being an MVP.

'>http://www.eurobasket.com/fra/d1.asp

This site was very informative. It list the History of french Basketball. There is absolutely NOBODY out of the french League that has ever amount to much. I mean two of their best players were Keith Jennings and Reggie Geary.

Good god.

Another one was Alaine Digbeau and Fredric Weis... Hello Vince Carter.

And Of Course, one of my favorite basketball players of All time...

Brad Sellers.

Now...

Check this out:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_4008.shtml

You mean to tell me that Darius Songalia is ranked Higher than Boris??

We should have taken Josh Howard!!!

The names on this list is comparable to the guys I see at Piedmont Park. I mean Xray Hipp and Ace Custis and James Forest are much better than these guys.

straight from the link u gave me...

"Best Young Player (Under 22):... #3 Boris Diaw-Riffiod"

there u have it... choosing a very young w/ promising future is the same as choosing a very young (highschooler) player in the US... no difference

u make it seem as if Boris has no potential and that what he brings = thats it... and he'll never form a consistant shot etc. U ready to give up on him already?

-----------------------------------------

hmm... DeMarco Johnson... that guy sounds familiar, i swear i heard something similar to that b4... (being sarcastic)

if hes only ranked #10 in the "Best Young Players (Under 22)" category? why would a good draftin Warriors draft this kid after they draft JRichardson and get Arenas in the 2nd round???

the same with DARKO... stupid DETROIT! hes only ranked #7 in that list (again, after Boris Diaw)

potential diesel... please learn the word

"And how much will POTENTIAL help us in the next 2-3 years??? "

- im not going to answer that...

- uve seen Bender & Tshitskivili play and call them a bust... thats okay with me... but uve yet to see this man play. Please wait a year to see him... if hes bad news and doesnt seem to play this game, i'll be with u in the "we should have drafted HOWARD" bandwagon (assuming howard plays well)...

but til then, lets accept who we have... and expand from there.

just give the man a chance... atleast 1 year

Diesel,

You have far too much free freaking time. It is really actually scary. Do you do anything else?

No one on the board said that Diaw was the next MJ. No one claimed he was the saviour of the organization. We have stated that he, hopefully, is a decent draftpick that plays defense and can handle the ball.

There was a reason we picked him up. Part of it was the fact that we were picking LATE in the draft. Every single player drafted that late in the draft is an honest-to-goodness crap shoot.

Play.

• Premium Member

Namely KB and Cyman. They think this guy will make up for the 21/7 that we lost. I said he was an average player from Europe... To me that screams that we should not expect much from him.

Also, I keep hearing the false report that he was the french league MVP. So I had to take just a few seconds to show (first URL in the post) that he wasn't mentioned in none of the MVP voting for the past three years.

The Problem Playmaker is that too many people spend time trying to hype up this team as playoff bound and say that addition by subtraction will lead us somewhere. I'm not pessimistic here but I'm being honest. We have NOthing. Who are our starting SFs and SG? What is our answer for JT's lack of PGing ability.

If we be honest, we will realize that we will be lucky to not be the league's worst team.

Diesel,

I agree. We are not a great team. But, unfortunately, we weren't a great team walking into the preseason either.

With or without Big Dog, we were going to stink. We obviously weren't going to make moves for FAs with or without Big Dog.

We did nothing to improve.

So, if you honestly believe that we were going to be competitive this year with Big Dog, then I really pity you.

I do believe that if you divvy Big Dog's shot attempts (nearly 20) to Reef, JT and Theo... we can make up those points. The guy only shot 43%, not impressive at SF. Blame JT, blame the coach, blame anyone... but 43% can be made up if we distribute the ball.

Of course you shouldn't expect much from Daiw. He's a kid. He's a late pick. He's raw.

If we can count on him to defend well and give us another dribbler and even a somewhat distributer on the offensive end... he is a success.

If he evolves into Scottie Pippen... then awesome. but, let's keep grounded.

Play.

• Premium Member

It would have been easier to fix this team with Dog than without him. All this talk about Dog Disrupting the flow... I think was misplaced. Reef's reaction speaks volumes. There was no good ridance from Reef or JT. It was more like....WHAT??

They understand that this trade benefits us none... It only benefits the owners pockets. The FA pool is drying up.

However, had we kept Dog.

I'm positive, we could have talked JT into signing a 1 year deal at the qualifying offer we already given him with the promise of big returns next year.

Then we could have signed a REAL PG like KENNY Anderson or whoever else is available that knows how to run an offense for the sole purpose of being a distributor.

we could have moved JT to SG and Played Zone defense.

That would have worked a whole lot better than this what is called addition by Subtraction. What this really is is Destruction by Subtraction. Talk all you want about Luxury taxes... Those things have NOTHING to do with the fans. We want to see the best team on the floor. I think we have started the destruction of the Hawks because our owners pockets are too tight and we really don't care about winning.

Diesel,

I love Reef. Admittedly, I am a Reef homer.

But, Reef has zero ability to judge talent. He was extremely excited to have Big Country locked up to league maximum contract. He was sad to watch some second rate SG go... he actually told management to keep him.

Reef is someone who won't admit to himself if someone can't play. He's too darn nice.

I do not believe that Big Dog is the only problem with the Hawks. I think JT is another problem and cannot run a team.

On both counts, we needed a coach.

I do not believe Big Dog was a solution to the problem, and it bothered me that he stole shots from Reef... simply because he could not deliver the ball to the post. In the couple games that Dog started to pass, we played better.

I just didn't like him. I didn't think he was worth keeping. We knew what we had BEFORE Big Dog. We knew what we had WITH Big Dog. I like the idea of reverting to a team that won 3 less games and has the chance to pick up someone with real talent and fits our system.

Play.

Diesel no one here has said Boris will be the teams savior and replacement of Big Dog....we just said he will compliment JT with his ball handling and if u look at it, the only bust on him is his outside shot, which I recollect Ira had none of it 3 years ago, and look at how consistent his shot was this year. Diesel, remember Boris is only 21-22 years old, wait for about another 2-3 years which we will make him work his ass off during this time plus in the offseason and I'm very sure he will develop a good jumpshot, someone you can't leave alone. Again I repeat myself that his only knock was his jumper, everything else was NBA level, just wait till this guy develop a decent jumpshot. Just like cyman said, potential. And Bender is not a bust, he just hasnt gotten the playing time.

Now we never said the Hawks are playoff bound, because not even with Bid Dog they were. But we all like to keep our hopes high for our team and believe that they will make a run for the playoffs this year. Lets look at our current lineup, resigning JT of course.

JT - PG

Diaw - SG or maybe someone else if Diaw starts at the 3

Diaw - SF, same situation at the SG spot

Reef - PF

Theo - C

Now you telling me this is a bad lineup? I dont think it is, we actually thought the hawks could of made the playoffs last year before we got Big Dog in the trade. Say maybe we can resign Dion and he can be our starting 2. Alot of people are comparing Boris to Pippen, and as I recall Pippen had no jumper when he first came into the league.

I agree with you Diesel....No one has ever said Big Dog is/was the answer to the Hawks problem. Let me go on record and say he is not the answer, but what I think Diesel is trying to say is that he is a part of a huge puzzle that is a work in progress. And the more you keep changing your core the more you continue to step backwards with this team.

I think Big Dogs problem with the Hawks was with Coaching and the Scheme he played in. We all know Big Dog shouldn't handle the ball....We all know Big Dog is a liability on Defense. Well in my mind this is where Coaching is important because EVERY player on the court has a weakness. Some players can't shoot but can handle the ball or they can only rebound and play defense. The point I am trying to convey is that it is the coaches responsibility to use a players STRENGTH and maximize that STRENGTH to his potential, whether it is rebound, shooting, passing, or whatever....

Big Dogs strength was shooting. You will not find a better mid range shooter in the league like Glenn. THAT IS HIS STRENGTH... and as a Coach you put him in position to use that strength more than you put him in position to use his weaknesses........but you don't get rid of a player that is in the top echelon in his STRENGTH skill.

You take the strong pieces and put them together so they can flourish within their skill set and hide them as much as possible in their weaknesses. How do you do this??? It is called COACHING!!!!

What you guys don't realize is that we keep starting this puzzle over and over and over again, without realizing that every player you bring in will have a weakness and it will be glaring if you have a coach that doesn't know how to use a player properly, but every single player in this league has a weakness!!!!

How do you know that Big Dog won't fit the system of the coach we bring in? If Carlisle were to be hired, I think Dog would fit just fine. Carlisle had 2 guys who are similar to Dog in a lot of ways. Both Rip Hamilton and Corliss Williamson are guys who can score but neither plays very good D and neither is a great ballhandler for their respective positions. Yet Carlisle was able to utilize both of them very effectively. He could have done the same with Dog.

You said:

"I like the idea of reverting to a team that won 3 less games and has the chance to pick up someone with real talent and fits our system."

Okay, who? Who do we have a chance to pick up with "real talent?" Stephen Jackson is arguably the best player out there that we have a legitimate shot at and while he's decent, I would only consider him a slight upgrade over Glover. At any rate, I wouldn't sign him to a deal longer than 2 years because I don't think he's worth the caproom we can have in 05/06. That being said, he'll likely end up in Denver or Utah because either team is more likely to give him a longer deal than we will (or should).

We traded Dog for NOTHING as far as I'm concerned. Until "capspace", "flexibility" and "potential" make up for 21/7, I think we are MUCH worse off than we were before the deal.

"Diesel no one here has said Boris will be the teams savior and replacement of Big Dog"

- THANK YOU!!!

Diesel, i didnt expect this guy to have 21/7. [censored], i dont expect LeBron James to have 21/7 this year...

all i know is that GROBs chemistry didnt fit with the team.

When REEF made those comments, how do u know he didnt mean "i wish we could have done better in trading GROB?"

c'mon, dont take things so literally. If an ESPN analysts said "i think LeBron James is gonna be a pre-tty good player in this league" u prob come to this board saying how James' potential isint as good as advertise and at max- he will only be a GOOD PLAYER in this league...

[censored] diesel.

"How do you know that Big Dog won't fit the system of the coach we bring in?"

- we dont know... maybe it could have worked out! i guess we'll never know. But the hawks made the move and we should support our team through the ups and downs... trust them.

- i think DIESELS more mad at DIAW cuz big dog was traded... i dont remember him being so pissed when we drafted him.

- lets bring in a COACH that knows this game... someone willing to stick around and build some type of IDENTITY to our team. from there, we can expand...

• Premium Member

I hear a lot of you saying... All I know is Grob didn't work with the team.

However, nobody ever looked into why??

I mean, Offensive Schemes, Coaching, PG...

There are a whole lot of things that it could have been that cause a career 20/6 player to get to that point.

I think Mainly, it was just a bad excuse to just up and throw him away for nothing.

We're not signing any free agents.

There's no real flexibility.

We traded Grob for nothing.... NOTHING.

Emeans,

While you are correct in a lot of what you say... there is also the concept of the puzzle not fitting together.

Reef is a spot shooter, while no where on the same league with Glenn, it is how he shoots. He is very poor at moving without the ball, so is Glenn. While he can dribble and pass, something Glenn couldn't, it is definately not a strong suit.

So, it was that two guys were very "immoble" on the offensive end.

I don't think that Glenn fit well, and getting him to fit would require changing a core piece as well. It is just how I see it.

Play.