• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Should we enforce trade posts in the trade forum?

Admin

I voted "yes" with a caveat.

If the trade is part of a larger threaded discussion about a player, then I think its fine to stay on the main page; however, the incesent trade Marvin for X should be moved to the trade board. Or maybe you can just create a trade Marvin forum scratchchin.gif

don't have strong feelings either way, so I'll pass on the vote. But I would lean toward the notion that if you're going to have a trade forum - use it and only it. Otherwise think about combining the two.

Inane posts like the "Marvin for x" babble are the exception and not the rule and can be treated on a case by case basis, IMO.

I don't believe in enforced posting anywhere unless it is absolutely necessary. The ideal solution would be for people to moderate their own posting behavior, which I think most would if they were nudged to do so.

I've been meaning to say something to Diesel about this for awhile, but the whole 'Marvin trade of the day' concept has got to go in my opinion. It's just too much. It's total overkill, and what you end up with are proposals that are just wildly unrealistic, and/or re-hashings of the same proposed trades over and over and over again. That doesn't need to be done every day. Rather than these daily trades, what about a well thought out and well-reasoned (from ALL sides, not just the Hawks) trade proposal just once a week? I would have no problem with that, and things like that can actually be useful in helping spark a good discussion. But this once a day stuff- enough's enough.

• Premium Member

Quote:

If the trade is part of a larger threaded discussion about a player, then I think its fine to stay on the main page

Which is what my trade scenarios usually are.

I do think the frequency of trade threads detracts from the Homecourt forum.

I've also long been suggesting a "Gamethread forum," to isolate the "FIRE WOODY! TRADE LUE!" posts.

Yes if it isn't that big of a time constraint enforce it. I don't give a crap about people who put up hypothetical trades, it makes this forum seem waaaay too much like realgm and I can't stand that site. Leave Homecourt for actual discussion about the Hawks and the hypothetical trades that will never happen should go to Trade Forum.

In an ideal world people (who have been reminded in the past) would post trades in the Trade Forum but it's been a while since I have said anything to anyone about it so perhaps once we start moving trades to the Trade Forum people will start to do that automatically.

Quote:

In an ideal world people (who have been reminded in the past) would post trades in the Trade Forum but it's been a while since I have said anything to anyone about it so perhaps once we start moving trades to the Trade Forum people will start to do that automatically.

how many ppl do you have that visit this forum daily? I didn't vote yes or no. It should be yes but do to the small fan base of our hawks it maybe good just to let them fly here until we really grow as a family. cool.gif

It's not like this was my idea. Someone brought it up, I created a poll and asked for opinions, and I responded by cleaning up the first couple pages of this forum and will try to keep up with it as best as I can. I would appreciate if you (and others) do your part by posting in the proper forums as well. Thank you.

I would like to impose the weight of my 6000+ posts and the fact that I've only been banned once (and for a much shorter period of time than Walter nod.gif ) to say ABSOLUTELY NOT!!

I enjoy D's trade of the day...I've actually learned a good bit about other available players and salary cap implications from those posts and the astute responses.

"If it aint broke...don't fix it"

• Premium Member

It's as simple as this Dolfan.

If every post is put in their "appropriate" place... Then all forums will be just as active as the homecourt forum. Homecourt is about Hawk related stuff right? Well, if there were a functional trade forum, a functional other sports forum, a functional draft forum and what have you... then wouldn't that make HS better?

What you have now is everybody post everything except things that our obviously lounge related on the homecourt forum. That leads to those other forums being rarely used and "not functional". I don't mind posting trades in the trade forum IF the trade forum was used by everybody with a trade. Or the Around the league forum was used by everybody with an around the league post or the other sports forum were used for other sports forum.. You can't be a mod only when it's a diesel post. And you can't be a mod only at the insistence of others. Either there are rules or no rules. Otherwise, you will never have functionality to the other forums and more importantly, all forums lose their purpose altogether.

Moreover... The fact that you call me out by name saying grow up suggests to me that you have no idea of what you should do as a moderator. I was just trying to help. If this is personal...let me know and I will understand.

Now settle down boys...I'm a navy vet who has been around the world....so I should be a decent moderator.

Truth is...I have learned a good deal from D's "trade of the day"....especially concerning salary balances and such. You wanna phuck him over - then phuck him over - I know which side I'm on elefant.gif

Quote:

What you have now is everybody post everything except things that our obviously lounge related on the homecourt forum. That leads to those other forums being rarely used and "not functional". I don't mind posting trades in the trade forum IF the trade forum was used by everybody with a trade. Or the Around the league forum was used by everybody with an around the league post or the other sports forum were used for other sports forum..

You have got a point here, Diesel. I very rarely if ever visit any of the other forums on this site. The homecourt forum is where I almost always exclusively go, and in that sense it's kind of nice to have everything all in one place like it has been, and you can pick and choose what you want to read and respond to or not. But, those other forums do exist for a reason I suppose, and maybe if they're used more it'll actually give myself and others the impetus to check them out more often.

It's not personal but you know what you are doing when you go around marking every thread you can find that you believe should be in another forum. I have no interest in going back through every thread ever posted, I only cleaned up the threads on the 1st two pages.

As for why those other forums aren't used why don't you (and everyone else) make a conscious effort to use those forums when it's appropriate and then see how active they will become.

• Premium Member

Quote:

As for why those other forums aren't used why don't you (and everyone else) make a conscious effort to use those forums when it's appropriate and then see how active they will become.

Let me explain this. I am. And I have. Check it out for yourself. I start topics on those other forums except the trade forum. I respond to topics on those other forums except the trade forum. However, when I noticed that everybody was posting trades on the homecourt and nothing was being moderated... it became my belief that if it was a Hawks related trade, then it was able to go into the homecourt. Again... Check it.. How many Non-Hawks trades have I ever put on the homecourt??? Let me save you the time. The answer is 0. I figured a Hawks related trade would prompt Hawks discussions... Such as "What would our team look like with this player?"

But there again, when you ONLY moderate when it comes to my post, I won't say I have a problem with that, however, I would say.. I'm all for it if we did it across the board and not just for Diesel. So as I said before, me pointing out other posts that were not Hawks related was my attempt to help you if making HS better was indeed your intent. Now if your intent was to stop Diesel from posting Hawks trades on Homecourt... then let's stop the acting.