• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Looks like Stotts will get the Bucks job.

KB21

Reports are saying that Terry Stotts and Terry Porter are the two leading candidates to get the Milwaukee Bucks head coaching job with Marc Iavaroni a strong candidate as well.

I believe that once this decision is made, the Hawks will go after George Karl. Unlike what many want to believe, David McDavid and Billy Knight have every intention of making the playoffs this season with a core of Jason Terry, Shareef Abdur-Rahim, and Theo Ratliff. They are going after an established head coach, and Karl just happens to be a big name, established head coach.

I tend to agree with you. McDavid has to see the team as an investment, and a big name coach is an easy way to get people excited in Atlanta (even if it may not mean as much as adding a superstar to the team). Atlanta has always been attracted to stars and the symbolism of signing karl would be the first good move from an investment stand point.

I think that Theo is an overrated player.Is he really

better than a Keon Clark?I'd like to know anything

that Theo really does better.

I say we put a package together for Theo and move

him for a good swingman and and sign a backup big man.

Why do you think that Theo has been an All-Star and starts for his team at center every year and Keon has never been a starter? Sure Keon has spurts where he looks really good, but he cant do it night in and night out every year like Theo can. Believe me if he could then he would be a hot commodity and would be starting for some team. Also, if he was such a great player dont you think that they would have taken his FA option this year and tested the waters with so many teams having so much money? He is not in the same league as Theo as a starting center in this league, not by a long shot.

"Why do you think that Theo has been an All-Star"

BJ Armstrong and Chris Gatling made the allstar team

once....It was a mistake that he was an allstar.[censored],

Michael Adams made the allstar team once!

It isn't hard at all to topple Theo's lousy production of

7PPG 7RPG 3BPG.Keon could do that much in 31MPG.Not

to mention Theo is an average one on one defender at

best.He gives up rebounding position to block shots.

Guys like Keon and Ben Wallace don't have to do that.

If he could, then why isn't he?

And Theo is a great one on one defender. I guess you missed him guarding Tracy McGrady one on one on the perimeter last year.

The only time Theo struggles defensively is when he goes against a player of Shaq's size.

It amazes me how much crap some of you can make up.

Amen to that. Thats like saying Reef could average 25/10 every year.......well sure some of us believe he could do it, but he hasnt done it and isnt likely to do it. Theo has been a starter everywhere for his career and when he actually got to play on a defensive minded team like the Sixers with some great defensive players he was a monster. He averaged 12.5 points, 8.5 rebounds, and almost 4 blocks per game. Those are GREAT stats. Of course he will never be a guy that will average 12rpg or more, but the fact that he can guard a SF the likes of a McGrady, a PF the likes of a SAR, or any center in this league other than Shaq says a lot about him.

Wow I just looked into Keons stats and his best season ever he averaged 11pg, 7.5 rebounds, and a mighty 1.5 blocks per game. So he was 1.5 points, 1 rebound, and nearly 2.5 blocks per game worse than Theo? How can that be if he is so great scrooge? Maybe he just doesnt want to do any better?

And Theo is a great one on one defender. I guess you missed him guarding Tracy McGrady one on one on the perimeter last year. "

I also watched Melmet Okur give him a big whipping.

Keon is playing on a team with Webb/Pollard/Vlade

/Funderburke.That is why he isn't currently producing

those numbers.[censored],there is backups that out produce

Theo.

He just hasnt been giving enough of a chance.Any

team that has Theo has to be dissapointed with

his rebounding.Why can't he atleast grab 10RPG?

It's because he's a average player and not a difference

maker.

The team surely wasn't any better with him this season.

We won 33 games without him and 35 games with him.

Yeah he made a real difference.lol

You cant use that arguement. If Theo had been the ONLY difference between the two teams then yeah you could say that......but the fact that we fired our coach, brought in a ball hog black hole player that doesnt play defense and lost our most promising young player to a neck injury all definitely changes the circumstances of the seasons.

Oh yes Keon has just never been given a chance. Owners are loving to pay him to sit on the bench. Everyone knows its common practice to leave a superstar on the bench and not give him a chance, even when you are desperate for help at his position. That is the funniest thing I have heard you say in a while.

So talking about Theo, why is it that he averages more points and more blocks than Ben Wallace, plus more points, blocks, and rebounds than Keon Clark if he is so terrible?

Looks look at Ben Wallace and Theo and see which one

you would rather have:

Theo:

8.7PPG

7.5RPG

3.2BLK

46.1%fg

.69SPG

Wallace

6.9PPG

15.4RPG

3.1BLK(Theo averaged .6 better)

48.1%fg

1.4SPG

Theo shoots a better FT percentage and Ben collects

more assist....But Neither really get to the fouline

enough to make a huge difference and neither are

passers so I didn't even list that.

And Ben is just better built than Theo.

Theo averaged .7 more blocks chasing guys down

getting him out of rebounding position.

IF Theo can bring his scoring backup to 13-14PPG there

might be an arguement.However, I don't think it will

be long before Theo is on the downside of his career.

I'd be willing to put money that Keon can topple Theo

in overall production if giving the same minutes.Further

more, he wouldn't cost us as much as Theo eats up the

Hawks cap space.

i think every team in the NBA other than the lakers would want BEN WALLACE over their own center.

but the fact that their numbers are silimar (except for the rebounding) means something. Dont get me wrong, the MAN is a wonderful rebounder... but when his teammates cant rebound worth $HIT... he gets more.

FOR THOSE who think that GROBs rebounds are somewhat misleading (btw - i have no opinion on that debate), then maybe RATLIFFs rebounds will get higher.

That arguement doesn't hold any water.Theo didn't

rebound with Detroit or Philly.Using your arguement

Rodman was overrated with the Bulls because they

didn't have many rebounders.

All besides scoring, JT has better numbers than Ai..But

he isn't even close to his level.

http://espn.go.com/nba/columns/stein_marc/1589327.html

In reply to:

Atlanta interim coach Terry Stotts and Phoenix assistant Marc Iavaroni remain the favorites to be named Milwaukee's next coach, with a decision expected this week after Sen. Herb Kohl -- who already knows Stotts from his time as a Bucks assistant -- takes a weekend away from his duties in Washington to interview finalists.
We'd love to tell you what the Hawks will do if Stotts gets the Milwaukee job, but we'd also love to bank a dime for every time we've heard that prospective owner David McDavid's purchase of the team is close.

• Premium Member

It's possible that AOL will put an end to the deal. I mean, days go by the team is in limbo, McDavid hasn't come up with the expected capital.

AOL can pay Knight to gut the team, start over with a cheaper version and say good by to McDavid. That would make the franchise some money.

McDavid is doing nothing to help this franchise right now. We will lose out on Stotts... and JT might be next.