• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bucks hire T Porter, what does this mean for us?

Admin

With Terry Porter being hired as head coach of the Bucks, will this have an impact on the Hawks coaching situation? Certainly it would appear so as I believe Milwaukee was the only place that currently had interest in Stotts. I am doubting that he will be back with Atlanta next year, but could it be possible that he is if he isnt able to find any other work?

I doubt it.

Like I've said in the past, David McDavid wants to make a splash with his coaching hire. He wants to get a big name to coach this team. I still think he will go after George Karl, but now I'm unsure if Karl will take the job if he is taking it over Stotts.

That may mean McDavid will go after Carlisle, and I'm sure Billy Knight will try to sell McDavid on Carlisle (as if he would need to be sold on him).

• Premium Member

I think if McDavid is smart, he gets Fratello.

Fratello has put together winning teams and more importantly, winning teams in Atlanta. I think Nostalgia is something that would help in rebuilding a fan base. That and Winning.

I've been wavering for months on Fratello or Carlisle. It's like having to pick one piece of candy from your 2 favorties. BUT, I agree on the fact that hiring Fratello would definitely bring fan interest back and some nostalgia. I think that also opens the door for a larger role for Dominique. Assistant coach possibly. The thing i like about Carlisle, however, is that he turned Detroit around in one season; with far less talent than we have. But this is all moot until these idiots complete the sale. If only the Hawks were up for sale 2 years ago, Mr. Arthur Blank would've bought them instead of the Falcons. Not that i'm complaining, I'm glad he's there. I'm just tired of the bullshyt we're going thru with McD...

J