• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

McDavid Doesn't Have Enough Cash

Inside_Man

There was a discussion on 790 this AM that McDavid is 80 to 100 million short of what it takes to make the deal. This news makes sense, as with any deal, there's always a way to make it happen 'right away'. Just put up the money. Obviously, he doesn't have it.

They thought that rather than have AOL scotch the deal, they'd attempt to go through with it and make the league play the heavy roll and give McDavid the bad news that this won't fly.

What is their scorce? I think it's very possible this is

the cause, but shouldn't they have some kind of proof

or something? I mean, it's really going to suck if McDavid

just wasted everyone's time and basically wasted this

offseason.

Not only would he have wasted the Hawks time, but the team would still be in limbo because AOL really wants to move the Hawks off their books.

AOL is not going to do what is best for the team in terms of winning if they are forced to keep the team. They are totally going to look at the bottom line and that is profit.

So if this deal doesn't go through we would be in worst shape than before and in a state of unknown. An again what FA is going to want to come into a instable situation like this.

Man what a mess!!!!

I really don't care who buys the team as long as AOL doesn't own them I will be happy.

Jordan's group would be very nice. Actually any group would be nice.

Hey guys....How much money do you guys have? Maybe we can get a group here to purchase the team.

I dont think we'll be the next nuggets/clipps. I think we're exiting the phase where we were like them. The problem with those teams was bad management, and a refusal to make the painful changes that would help the team. I think in our case we've shipped dog, and whether it happens now (it should) or whithin the next year we'll have new owners, GM and coach. The biggest problem is not reckognizing mediocrity. babcock is gone. kasten will be. we'll be ok

I was recently employed by a company that went through this same process. They originally told us it would be 3 months. Then another month because the financials were taking longer, then it was close to the first of the year and the idea was to start new then, and after that it was the first of February, and then the second week in February, just before the final hour a particular term couldn't come to agreement. The company backed out. We waited for more than 6 months for this deal to be completed for nothing. My point here is that there is so much rheteric and agreements from outside parties, including rights to logos, contracts, intellectual property that no how good a deal looks it's not done until the papers are signed and the deal can fall apart in the very last hour. I;ve seen it happen. Oh, by the way, because of all this, I no longer have a job.

I know this isn't a Braves board, but the Braves have the best record in baseball, the guy who essentially replaced Millwood, Russ Ortiz, leads the league in wins, and Estrada was the AAA All Star game MVP. Also, Millwood is a free agent at the end of the season, and he is not going back to Philly. That deal really hasn't hurt the Braves. Please get the facts straight.

I know this isn't a Braves board, but the Braves have the best record in baseball, the guy who essentially replaced Millwood, Russ Ortiz, leads the league in wins,"

Wasn't Moss traded for Ortiz?You nimrod

Who would you rather have....Millwood or Shane

Renolds?

Ortiz replaces Moss/TomG and Millwood?Nah

I know Glavine is doing bad with the Mets, but deep

down he knows he made a mistake and has been uphappy

there.

I know they expected to have Paul Byrd and all but he's

not exactually a healthy player so it was a risk to start

with.And he hasn't had very many good years to start

with.

"and Estrada was the AAA All Star game MVP."

Yeah and? What exactually does this mean on the

MLB level.What's his MLB numbers? They aren't very

good I can tell you that.He's like 27 or 28 years old

I think, so it isn't like he some really young kid in

development.If Estarda is so good, why is he a 27

year older in the minor leagues?

The fact that the Braves got Gary/Javy and Vinny all

playing for contracts so far as covered up for the

aveage to below averge pitching staff.Russ Ortiz isnt

good enough to be an ACE pitcher....He isn't Mulder,

Brown,Willis out there...Or even as good as Tim Hudson

I judge a pitcher by era and not wins.You give alot of

pictures alot of run support and they can win games.Russ

isn't even pitching aswell as Nomo this year...But look

at the run support difference.Ortiz isn't bad, but he's

more of product of alot of run support.When I watch the

guy pitch I not only get bored, but he pitches very sloppy

and has control issues it seems like.

I'm not a Braves fan. In fact, I don't support any

team. I just watch games.

Ortiz is only 21st in MLB in ERA.That's what I look

at... How many games would Russ win without as

much run support? Would he have double figure

wins with Dodgers? I have my doubts.The way he

walks people and stuff.

And for your info, everyone besides the people here

have a hafeful attitude for the Hawks.Actually, our

team isn't really even considered around other boards.

Oh, I appear to have hit a nerve. Isn't it the point that this is a place where informed hawks fans can be around other informed fans and trade criticism as well as praise. Man your so smart...I really hope you keep spewing falsehoods. Just FYI:

Ortiz- 21st MLB ERA 3.46

Millwood- 37th MLB ERA 3.8

Apply to former argument....