• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Any word on Kwame?

LongTimeHawksFan

the word is that the Lakers may consider taking him back after getting man handles by the Celts downlow..he would be a nice fit for the Hawks though..hell, he could even be a starter. Bibby Johnson JSmooth Horford and Kwame Brown aint bad with Marvin as 6th man and Zaza and Law completing the 8 man rotation

Quote:

I read that Phil Jackson really liked Kwame's defense. That is good enough for me if he comes at the right price.

I like Kwame because I think he would benefit from playing closer to home. Also he brings rebounding a defense, I think at this stage in his career he knows he isn't an offensive force. The only thing that worries me is that our team is full of strong charactered players, I can't think of anything our players have done "wrong" aside from Smoove flicking off some punk fans. Kwame had a rape charge, arrested becase he drove down the wrong side of the road, and threw a cake at a man (misunderstanding though because he meant to throw it at Turiaf).

Interesting:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwame_Brown

Quote:

When Lakers center Chris Mihm went down with a season-ending ankle injury on March 12, 2006, Brown took over the starting center position.
During his stint as a center, he raised his averages from 6.1 points and 6.3 rebounds to 12.3 points and 9.1 rebounds and started every game for the Lakers in the playoffs. Surprisingly, Kwame Brown became a central part of the LA Lakers seven game series with the Phoenix Suns. Although they would end up losing the series, it had appeared that Kwame Brown's potential was beginning to show.
The surprising consistency Brown showed while playing center prompted Phil Jackson to make Brown the starting center role in the 2006-2007 season. Brown was injured at the beginning of the season and Mihm was also out with injury for the whole season, so the starting job at center was given to the young Andrew Bynum. After playing the majority of the minutes at center despite the bench role, he was given the starting job in early December. Brown again became injured in the 2007-08 season which allowed Bynum to start again at the center position where he has now flourished.

• Premium Member

I don't usually like headcases, but if you're going to take a chance, you do it on a young big with solid post defense skills like Kwame. He's still only 26.

http://hoopshype.com/articles/brown_lazenby.htm

Quote:

The Lakers made it to the NBA Finals last season and found themselves in a collection of dire mismatches with Boston. For starters, Los Angeles had no one to contend with Celtics center Kendrick Perkins’ size and strength. “They could have used Kwame in the Finals,” said one Lakers insider.

Tex Winter, the longtime coach and team consultant, was in Las Vegas to evaluate the Lakers’ summer league team. Winter said he is totally out of the loop on personnel decisions with the team and hadn’t heard of the Kwame deliberation, but Winter said it makes sense, especially for Lakers coach Phil Jackson.
“Phil has always liked Kwame,” Winter said. “Phil’s always felt that defensively he’s pretty good.”

Jackson may be a moron off the court, but I respect his opinion as a coach.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

I read that Phil Jackson really liked Kwame's defense. That is good enough for me if he comes at the right price.

Agreed. I saw a headline that the Lakers were considering him. Nothing definate. Wonder if he could get a hands transplant?

If it is between us and the Fakers they will get him.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Agreed. I saw a headline that the Lakers were considering him. Nothing definate. Wonder if he could get a hands transplant?

If it is between us and the Fakers they will get him.

Not necessarily most of the Lakers players don't like Kwame.

Guest Eric Pincus

Kwame was really well liked in the locker room - he's had some injury issues and should really be coming off the bench. If the Hawks get him - believe me - there will be thread after thread complaining about him. LA could have him off the bench for 20 mpg if that - mostly against other quality big men. His offensive skills are just horrible. But Kwame in person is a very good dude.

Just remembered my user name-- anyway - Kwame cannot catch the ball - when he does he rushes his offensive moves. I mean he hurls some point blank layups in futility.

Also - defensively - he's like a horse with blinders on. You put him on a big in front of him - he can shuffle his feet and stay in front - and he's hella strong. But don't ask him to be looking for penetrating guards - cause if he blocks a shot it's by accident.

Finally - any reporter calling him a good rebounder hasn't watched him play much. He's not - simply put.

mods - slightly confusing on how to enable e-mail notificaitons - especially if you miss it in your initial post

What's confusing about enabling e-mail notifications? I believe that there is a check box on every reply or new post.

right - the one thing missing is a link to say "watch topic" or the ability to go and edit the post - and then click watch

cause I missed it on the original - so I posted that extra one at the end just to get the watch going.

In other words - yes in a new post or reply - but if you miss it you have to do an additional post to get the watch going

right - the one thing missing is a link to say "watch topic" or the ability to go and edit the post - and then click watch

cause I missed it on the original - so I posted that extra one at the end just to get the watch going.

In other words - yes in a new post or reply - but if you miss it you have to do an additional post to get the watch going

At the top right of the topic, there is an button that says 'Options'. Click it, and there's a link that says 'Track Topic', and when you click that, you choose how you'd like to subscribe to the topic itself.

At the top right of the topic, there is an button that says 'Options'. Click it, and there's a link that says 'Track Topic', and when you click that, you choose how you'd like to subscribe to the topic itself.

Thanks for mentioning that, I hadn't noticed that yet.

Just remembered my user name-- anyway - Kwame cannot catch the ball - when he does he rushes his offensive moves. I mean he hurls some point blank layups in futility.

Also - defensively - he's like a horse with blinders on. You put him on a big in front of him - he can shuffle his feet and stay in front - and he's hella strong. But don't ask him to be looking for penetrating guards - cause if he blocks a shot it's by accident.

Finally - any reporter calling him a good rebounder hasn't watched him play much. He's not - simply put.

Lots of post about his poor hands . . . . . but given our options who is better?