• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who Would You Rather Have This Year?

Swish

Who would you rather have THIS year?  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Exactly. Its an argument I'm trying to settle

An argument with who? For a second, I thought this was a joke thread seeing who the other person was other than Johnson. There's no reason why anyone would rather have AI instead of Joe Johnson - simple as that.

An argument with who? For a second, I thought this was a joke thread seeing who the other person was other than Johnson. There's no reason why anyone would rather have AI instead of Joe Johnson - simple as that.

I said that last year AI was a better player, he scored more, passed more and did so more efficiently.

When you can argue with facts - AI was a better offensive player than JJ (fact) and was on a better better defensive team than JJ, neither one of them cover the opposing team's best player consistently (fact). I will listen. You were the one that said they had similar PER's whe AI's was almost 4 points higher. You said implied Atlanta's D was better even though we are worse at defensive rebounding, opponent shooting %, and most importantly points scored against per possession.

I use facts, you use homerism. Not ridiculous at all on my part until you can actually tell me why JJ was better without being dead wrong on every point as you were in that thread.

When you can argue with facts - AI was a better offensive player than JJ (fact) and was on a better better defensive team than JJ, neither one of them cover the opposing team's best player consistently (fact). I will listen. You were the one that said they had similar PER's whe AI's was almost 4 points higher. You said implied Atlanta's D was better even though we are worse at defensive rebounding, opponent shooting %, and most importantly points scored against per possession.

I use facts, you use homerism. Not ridiculous at all on my part until you can actually tell me why JJ was better without being dead wrong on every point as you were in that thread.

Not homerism. combining intangibles with facts. There is no doubt JJ was a bigger offensive threat. I don't give a rip 'bout those stats. JJ scored five less PPG in two less minutes.

Why does Pts scored against per possession have any thing to do with it??? PPG allowed to me seems to be the biggie and we know where that stands. To begin with I wasn't talking about stats or nothing- the whole question is who would YOU RATHER have. And its JJ. Look at the poll. Look at your heart. Would we have won more games this year lined up

Bibby

JJ

Marv

Smoove

Horf

OR

Bibby

AI

Marv

Smoove

Horf

Not homerism. combining intangibles with facts. There is no doubt JJ was a bigger offensive threat. I don't give a rip 'bout those stats. JJ scored five less PPG in two less minutes.

Why does Pts scored against per possession have any thing to do with it??? PPG allowed to me seems to be the biggie and we know where that stands. To begin with I wasn't talking about stats or nothing- the whole question is who would YOU RATHER have. And its JJ. Look at the poll. Look at your heart. Would we have won more games this year lined up

Bibby

JJ

Marv

Smoove

Horf

OR

Bibby

AI

Marv

Smoove

Horf

A few things, we were talking about who was better last year - I said I thought AI was better but Joe should pass him soon enough. I also said I wouldn't EVER trade Joe for AI.

As far as points allowed, I'm not sure why you are having trouble comprehending this. Denver played at a MUCH faster pace than us. They had waaaaay more possessions per game than us or almost anyone else in the league last season, thats because they ran (like we should have been doing). If you have more possessions the opponent will also have more possessions, if the opponent has more possessions they will score more points - but you will be too. Your defense isn't allowing them to score more points, the fact that your offense moves so quickly is why they score more points. What am I not explaining right.

"There is no doubt JJ was a better offensive threat". JJ is an awsome offensive player, Iverson score more, at a higher percentage and had more assists. Right there is where there is a doubt. Iverson's team was better, Iverson has always been a better scorer, for 12 years now.

You, and anyone else that picks Joe, haven't given me any real reason - all you've done is explain without any detail that you disagree with the conclusion that the facts lead to.