• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

At Age 26 Who Will Be Better

foeteen14

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taking big men off the dribble and post game both need improvement for Horf. I think both players will be stellar, but I see a ceiling for Horford.

If smooth reigns in that jumper he'll be the better player by a lot.

He not that type of PF. I doubt he would ever be that type, he's more likely to bang then take you off the dribble. He post game needs work but I seen huge improvement at the end of the season to give me hope, consistency is what he need for his post game. To me he would probably be a triple threat PF with a great midrange game, with a array of post moves like his favorite hook shot and other moves we have yet to see. I doubt he would take his man off the dribble, he more of a retro in that department.

Smoove will never get a jumper, there so much I see wrong with his shot and not so much with he form. He jumps different every time. He's not consistent. He is like Lebron but Bron can create space so he has more space and is a better shooter then Smith. I doubt Smith could ever be a average shooter. Just like I doubt Bibby will be slash again at this age and the way his body is at this stage.

AL would have to surpass Bogut...at a minimum

I doubt that, Al is a PF and Bogut is pretty good on offense. He is a tough matchup for any post player. I think AL could be a better overall player then Bogut, but as a Center, no.

Quality Centers are hard to come by and many are going for big dollars. See Bierdins

You are exactly right NBAS40...there are no two ways about it. But sooner or later (probably later in our case) the holes HAVE to be filled. You don't have to have Wilt Chamberlain but you do need a decent center (like Laimbeer).

AL would have to surpass Bogut...at a minimum

Right. I'm just saying, exodus is getting a little carried away with his criticism of Al Horford. Bogut is a very good center, but Al Horford will definitely be the more popular player (and probably already is). I don't think his production will be that far behind Bogut's either. Combine those factors and it's unreasonable for someone to say that it would take divine intervention for Al to make an All Star team.

Al will be a better player and by a long shot will be much more valuable to his team. Like a lot of people on this board say all the time, 6'6" to 6'9" players who can score are a dime a dozen, All Star PGs and Bigs occur once every 5 to 10 years at best for most franchises....

Right. I'm just saying, exodus is getting a little carried away with his criticism of Al Horford. Bogut is a very good center, but Al Horford will definitely be the more popular player (and probably already is). I don't think his production will be that far behind Bogut's either. Combine those factors and it's unreasonable for someone to say that it would take divine intervention for Al to make an All Star team.

I agree with you and would like to add:

Bogut averaged 14 and 9 this season. Really good numbers for a player a lot on this board considered a sure fire bust and all Hype from the Hype Machine. Al will get those numbers and then some....

I agree with you and would like to add:

Bogut averaged 14 and 9 this season. Really good numbers for a player a lot on this board considered a sure fire bust and all Hype from the Hype Machine. Al will get those numbers and then some....

Funny how you say Bogut averaged 9 rebounds and Horford averaged 10. In fact bogut averaged 9.8 and Horford averaged 9.7.

Al will be a better player and by a long shot will be much more valuable to his team. Like a lot of people on this board say all the time, 6'6" to 6'9" players who can score are a dime a dozen, All Star PGs and Bigs occur once every 5 to 10 years at best for most franchises....

So, is Smoove finished getting better?

Funny how you say Bogut averaged 9 rebounds and Horford averaged 10. In fact bogut averaged 9.8 and Horford averaged 9.7.

ok, ok, ok already...Bogut had 9.8 in his 3rd year and Al got 9.7 in his rookie year. Man I am so depressed now...oh wait Bogut had 9.4 ppg and 7.0 rpg his rookie season and Al had 10.1 and 9.7.

I really think you are arguing from a bad standpoint, comparing Bogut and Al; but please continue. It only reinforces what most of us already know....Al is the man!

ok, ok, ok already...Bogut had 9.8 in his 3rd year and Al got 9.7 in his rookie year. Man I am so depressed now...oh wait Bogut had 9.4 ppg and 7.0 rpg his rookie season and Al had 10.1 and 9.7.

I really think you are arguing from a bad standpoint, comparing Bogut and Al; but please continue. It only reinforces what most of us already know....Al is the man!

yeah Al is the man getting outscored 21.8 to 8.3 by a guy who has never been an All-Star.

So, is Smoove finished getting better?

I really think 18 and 8 is close to his max. Not bad at all; but for a PF, that is not a good enough rebounder for me to give out 72 mill for....

yeah Al is the man getting outscored 21.8 to 8.3 by a guy who has never been an All-Star.

Being a All Star isn't exact science, it takes being on a winning team and putting up stats to make it. He is a quality player as a Center so that's gold.

josh will be better . if you watch the games this year you saw he is the best low post scorer on this team. i don't see why it matter so much though they are a tandem like naoh and al were. they watch each other's back. this is what potland wants to do with oden an aldrige.

josh will be better . if you watch the games this year you saw he is the best low post scorer on this team. i don't see why it matter so much though they are a tandem like naoh and al were. they watch each other's back. this is what potland wants to do with oden an aldrige.
:cant believe:

so having multiple skill sets mean nothing to any of you. horford does one thing and smith does five. unless your talking about STD'S five is always better than one

Not when he seems to lack the gray matter to correctly utilize those skills. Put Horford's brain in Smith's body and you might have a league MVP one day. Instead Smith is Antoine Walker II, brilliant one second and infuriatingly stupid the next. And for all the things he does do well, Smith is four years into a NBA career and still can barely dribble a basketball. That astounds me. Yet he tries to be Magic Johnson at the most inopportune times.

Mind you, I'm fine with a 6/66 contract for Smith but he does have glaring flaws.

So you think Smoove is done, but know AL isn't...

And why is Smoove a bad rebounder?

I think Al has all the room in world for improvement. He has only been in the league one year. Smoove has improved for four years in a row now and is nearing his max. That is what I think.

8 boards a game is almost sad for a PF that averaged 35 minutes a game and is asking for 72 mill or more....

Edited by jamesdcrockett