• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why Does Bradley Say Smith Is Our 3rd Best Player?

NJHAWK

I was just reading his blog which was right about ripping the way the Hawks handled the Joshes this offseason. Thing is he says in black and white that the Hawks are keeping their 3rd best player in Smith. Well we know JJ is our best but how the hell is Smith not our 2nd best player? Is he talking about Bibby? Marv or Horford? Im sorry but as much as Smoove can pizz a biatch off during a game he is waaaaaay better right now than those 3 easy. He also has more potential than those guys. Im not saying down the road Al or Marv cant be better than Josh but right now saying Smoove is our 3rd best player is pretty stupid.

Yeah, I don't agree with that statement. Smoove is definitely our 2nd best player, and at times plays like our BEST player. He just brings so much to the table, as where Horford mainly brings rebounds and post scoring. Don't get me wrong, Horford is awesome, but just look at Smooves stat line at the end of one of his games. It never stops. Points, Rebounds, Blocks, Steals, Assists, etc.

Yeah, I don't agree with that statement. Smoove is definitely our 2nd best player, and at times plays like our BEST player. He just brings so much to the table, as where Horford mainly brings rebounds and post scoring. Don't get me wrong, Horford is awesome, but just look at Smooves stat line at the end of one of his games. It never stops. Points, Rebounds, Blocks, Steals, Assists, etc.

I think we are gonna see a much improved Smith next year when he commented last night about the resigning he was working out in Houston same place he was working out last year with The Dream and Calvin Murphy. He has improved every year and I believe he will improve again this season. To say he is not our 2nd best player right now is ridculous Horford had a nice rookie year and is gonna be a great player but Smith is just better then him right now. He lead the team in steals, blocks, 2nd in rebounds and 2nd in scoring. When Horford starts to dominate the paint or takes his guy off the dribble consistently maybe but until its JJ Smoove, Horford, Bibby, Marvin as our top 5 players.

Edited by SmooveTheFuture

He wasn't talking about Horford, he was talking about Salim. C'mon man, get your head together.

I was just reading his blog which was right about ripping the way the Hawks handled the Joshes this offseason. Thing is he says in black and white that the Hawks are keeping their 3rd best player in Smith. Well we know JJ is our best but how the hell is Smith not our 2nd best player? Is he talking about Bibby? Marv or Horford? Im sorry but as much as Smoove can pizz a biatch off during a game he is waaaaaay better right now than those 3 easy. He also has more potential than those guys. Im not saying down the road Al or Marv cant be better than Josh but right now saying Smoove is our 3rd best player is pretty stupid.

By Mark Bradley

August 9, 2008 4:28 PM | Link to this

Al Horford is the Hawks’ second-best player.

And it’s my belief that the owners have deferred to Rick Sund regarding these two negotiations.

Anyway, he says it to make people talk about it so he seems relevant.

Look at it like this, he has referred to Smith as the team's "third best player" in multiple articles. Why would he make a point of saying this? Its not relevant to what he's writing about.