• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NEWEST ADDITIONS

CAIRO NOLE

Read si and espn where they are in swarms of rumors that we will get PARGO, what are the possibilitys of this and is this why we are inviting the like of GARDNER AND HUNTER to our camp.

If PARGO comes on the possibilitys of trading BIBBY at mid season are way high.

Pargo would be a good addition... But I wonder if Speedy could be dealt, because it's kind of redundant to ahve Law, Speedy, and Pargo on the bench.

Read si and espn where they are in swarms of rumors that we will get PARGO, what are the possibilitys of this and is this why we are inviting the like of GARDNER AND HUNTER to our camp.

If PARGO comes on the possibilitys of trading BIBBY at mid season are way high.

Could you please post a link.

Pargo would be a good addition... But I wonder if Speedy could be dealt, because it's kind of redundant to ahve Law, Speedy, and Pargo on the bench.

I guess the question is whether the team has any faith in claxton's ability to play more than 2 games in a row.

I don't understand why we would be going after Pargo.

When you watched the team last season the glaring needs from the bench were a guy who could defend the perimeter and hit the 3 (check), a guy who could come in a grab defensive boards and block shots (?), and a guy who could come in at a guard spot and create offense, hit threes, and maybe play some D (nope). Pargo would be that guy, Acie/Speedy could help but neither is a sure bet to be a contributor so getting a combo guard like Pargo certainly couldn't hurt. I'd rather have a more proven big man and hope on the Law/Claxton combo but whatever.

Pargo is the sort of guy that needs to be added. If and when Bibby goes down for his usual 5-10 games, we are left with Acie and Claxton. No one knows if Claxton can go night to night, so the Hawks do need a combo guard to come in for depth. Pargo should see playing time at the 2 as well.

2nd unit

Law

Pargo

Evans/?White?

Hunter/Solo

Zaza/Morris

That actually looks better than last year's. It would be much better with Childress, but this is what the Hawks have.

Pargo is the sort of guy that needs to be added. If and when Bibby goes down for his usual 5-10 games, we are left with Acie and Claxton. No one knows if Claxton can go night to night, so the Hawks do need a combo guard to come in for depth. Pargo should see playing time at the 2 as well.

2nd unit

Law

Pargo

Evans/?White?

Hunter/Solo

Zaza/Morris

That actually looks better than last year's. It would be much better with Childress, but this is what the Hawks have.

Pargo would be fine for the right price but really, how much better is he than Salim? When Salim got comparable minutes in his first 2 years, his stats were as good as Pargo's were last year and his shooting percentage was better. I think Pargo can play PG a little more than Salim could but he is still a combo guard. If we could get him for the $1.9M bi-annual exception I would be okay with it but I think giving him the $3M or so we have left of the MLE is too much. I'd rather try to entice Dorell Wright or Finley with that money if Sund is willing to spend it.

We don't need Pargo. The guy has been consistently inefficient during his entire career and never a difference maker except about once in every ten games. Why draft Acie at 11 if we will never give him a chance? Don't we need a good PG for the future? Why sign a perennial backup who's never done anything in his career?

There is no way Acie could be worse than Pargo, not a chance. We already know he's at least as good at defense. This would just give Woodson another chance to bench Acie, and he would do it just because he'd rather play sorry vets like Tyronn Lue and AJ over a rookie.

We don't need Pargo. The guy has been consistently inefficient during his entire career and never a difference maker except about once in every ten games. Why draft Acie at 11 if we will never give him a chance? Don't we need a good PG for the future? Why sign a perennial backup who's never done anything in his career?

There is no way Acie could be worse than Pargo, not a chance. We already know he's at least as good at defense. This would just give Woodson another chance to bench Acie, and he would do it just because he'd rather play sorry vets like Tyronn Lue and AJ over a rookie.

The answer to that is very simple. We have a starting PG who is injury prone, Bibby. We have an unproven 2nd year player who is injury prone, Acie, and we have Claxton who is more than injury prone. The Hawks lack depth at PG based on the injury histories of the guys already on the roster.

Second, Pargo provides necessary depth when the Hawks trade Bibby in Feb for front court help (if needed).