• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sign Powell to round out the roster

capstone21

• Admin

We need a backup big guy who can rebound and add some toughness inside.

Josh Powell (recently released by the Clippers) answers that. WIth Flip now signed lets get Powell to fill out our roster. Powell is a banger and that is just what we need.

Bibby/Law/Speedy

JJ/Flip

Marvin/Evans

Smith/Powell/Solo

Horford/Zaza/Morris

Extra: Richardson/West

A nice looking roster if you ask me. We are undersized at everything but starting SG and SF but our athleticism and youth allows us to overcome that.

• Premium Member

Josh Powell (recently released by the Clippers) answers that. WIth Flip now signed lets get Powell to fill out our roster. Powell is a banger and that is just what we need.

Bibby/Law/Speedy

JJ/Flip

Marvin/Evans

Smith/Powell/Solo

Horford/Zaza/Morris

A nice looking roster if you ask me. We are undersized at everything but starting SG and SF but our athleticism and youth allows us to overcome that.

I like it. Good points

Bibby/Law/Speedy

JJ/Flip

Marvin/Evans

Smith/Powell/Solo

Horford/Zaza/Morris

Powell has energy too. Jeremy and Mario may not make it if Hunter and Gardner can defend their positions. Evans is what Mario wants to be and Jeremy has to be able to defend, to help us.

P.S. Another Josh and a homeboy to boot.

• Premium Member

Magloire, Ratliff, and Lo are all in the same boat as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't have any of them if I had other choices. I'd rather make a play for Dale Davis than any of those... Deke hasn't signed yet with HOU has he?

Powell put up some very nice stats over the second half of last season, and he may not be a grizzled old veteran, but at 26, it's not as-if he's learning how to play in the NBA.

Here's the Draft Express scouting report on him, just filed the day after he was released from LAC, matter of fact...

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Josh-Powell-5190/

• Premium Member
Once again I'll make a plea for mboy Mbenga. Given our needs and budget i think he is a good fit.

I think last year showed that Magloire is done, and I believe Dale Davis is, too. Ratliff won't likely come back to Atlanta after his comments when he was traded a few years ago.

Mbenga is probably too raw, especially since you already have two raw bigs (Morris and Jones) on the roster. I'd prefer someone with more experience like Voskuhl or, yes, Wright.

Edited by ifthenwouldi

If we assume Solo is going to be on the team that gives us 4 guys that are centers in Horf, Zaza, Solo and Morris. Regardless of the debate on Horfs natural position he is going to spend almost all of his time at the 5. I don't think any of the other guys can effectively guard any of the quicker 4's around the league. All this leads me to believe that we may focus on a strong bodied or a shooting power forward for our last signing.

If we assume Solo is going to be on the team that gives us 4 guys that are centers in Horf, Zaza, Solo and Morris. Regardless of the debate on Horfs natural position he is going to spend almost all of his time at the 5. I don't think any of the other guys can effectively guard any of the quicker 4's around the league. All this leads me to believe that we may focus on a strong bodied or a shooting power forward for our last signing.

I agree. Given how young all the other bigs are I think a veteran is needed - if Horford or Smith gets injured they need someone who can give the team some minutes. Zaza has the experience to step up but Solo and Morris are basically rookies given their lack of playing time.