• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks signing Dalibor Bagaric?

DrReality

Watch him attack Bargnani:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

:nono:

Wow, now that was some Bush League action. Guy looks too thin from that video. Another ho-hum signing by the Hawks.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i wouldn't neccessarily say that our bench looks BETTER.....but i'd say it looks much different in that we have a lot of players who we have no clue how they will perform....hunter, morris, gardner, richardson and this guy....folks who are young or inexperienced....

although this move is intriguing, i still think our money is best spend on vets right now...

Sorry but the bench is WAY better. Take a look:

Last season:

Josh Childress

Zaza Pachulia

Jeremy Richardson

Acie Law

Mario West

Solomon Jones

Salim Stoudamire

Those guys averaged 30.9 ppg, 17rpbg, and 4 assists.

Now,

This season

Maurice Evans

Flip Murray

Randolph Morris

Othello Hunter

Thomas Gardner

Acie Law

Zaza Pachulia

Solomon Jones

Those guys (not even counting Hunter, Gardner) averaged 32.4 points, 17bpg, and 8apg. Thats a pretty decent jump IMO, and I only added up Morris, Murray, Evans, Law and Pachulia.

Lo would at least provide some leadership in the locker room. This guy will never get off the bench so his contributions are nill.

please. Lorenzen was the one that put popcorn in the rookies cars and was at Josh Smith's party with a grill in his mouth like he was 18 or something.

Sorry but the bench is WAY better. Take a look:

Last season:

Josh Childress

Zaza Pachulia

Jeremy Richardson

Acie Law

Mario West

Solomon Jones

Salim Stoudamire

Those guys averaged 30.9 ppg, 17rpbg, and 4 assists.

Now,

This season

Maurice Evans

Flip Murray

Randolph Morris

Othello Hunter

Thomas Gardner

Acie Law

Zaza Pachulia

Solomon Jones

Those guys (not even counting Hunter, Gardner) averaged 32.4 points, 17bpg, and 8apg. Thats a pretty decent jump IMO, and I only added up Morris, Murray, Evans, Law and Pachulia.

Looking at this as the glass half full, realize that none of those guys had even average years last year, and Law, Morris, Zaza and Jones can only be better with another year of experience (or in Zaza's case, hopefully to forget the regular season and play like he did in the playoffs).

You also forgot Speedy, because if he does in fact come back, it is a big upgrade at PG off the bench vs. last year.

In signing this guy center (if that is what we do), I think this is a great move considering what resources we have left to spend. No big is going to get a lot of time, and this would also take some pressure off of the younger guys to perform right away at the beginning of the season. No matter what, he comes with 6 fouls a game!

Guest Walter
I guess that means he'll instantly be hated by Walter since that's W's boy he took down.

He'll never take your "boys" down because they are no longer in the league or don't get PT.

I would rather have Roy, Bargnani, OR a prospect center AND Sergio, Marcus Williams, or Rondo...You'd rather have SW. It was dumb to want SW over ALL of these choices and it's dumber still to attempt to highlight your own stupidity. Yet, you repeatedly do so. Do you really hate yourself THAT much?

W

He'll never take your "boys" down because they are no longer in the league or don't get PT.

I would rather have Roy, Bargnani, OR a prospect center AND Sergio, Marcus Williams, or Rondo...You'd rather have SW. It was dumb to want SW over ALL of these choices and it's dumber still to attempt to highlight your own stupidity. Yet, you repeatedly do so. Do you really hate yourself THAT much?

W

Hey smart guy, find ONE post where I said I WANTED Shelden over Roy. I always wanted Roy. I wasn't opposed to Shelden and I definitely thought he would be a good pick and I still think we'll see him have a nice career, but Roy was always the guy I wanted.

You'd rather have Yi, Bargnani, Sene, O'Bryant, insert name of next scrub, over the guys we have.

• Premium Member

Sham's player profile is hilarious as always:

http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/pl...play.jsp?id=654

If you consider 45 tons of wet cement to be a graceful piece of free-moving natural beauty, or if you find a certain resplendence in the contours and stylings of a breeze block, then you might like Dalibor Bagaric. For Dali doesn't move too good.

If you have a full 24 seconds to kill in a half court set, hurry the ball up over halfcourt and quickly feed Bagaric in the low post. If you do this quickly enough, getting the ball to him with about 19 seconds left, he may just have time to get off a hook shot before the shot clock expires. Maybe.

That's not to say he has a bad hook shot. It's not bad. His one handed shot-put of a jumpshot is very bad, in spite of this article which makes him sound like a three pointer gunner, but the hook shot is there, as is the up and under. (Well, OK, he's done one up and under in his life. But it was beautiful).

The problem is just that he goes about these things really, really slowly. This is because he is really, really slow.

Bagaric is essentially a thug with a vest and a beard (not pictured), but in a dearly lovable way. He's willing to twat anyone who comes into his general vicinity on the court really hard: either that, or he's unable to be graceful about these things. Actually, yeah, it's the second one. An OK rebounder and shotblocker, Bagaric never made it in the NBA game despite rudimentary skill and great size, because he was just way too slow. He was good fun, though.

Unlike most of the rest of the facts on this website's player profiles, this one is true - in summer league in 2002 for the mighty Chicago Bulls, Dalibor had 3 flagrant fouls in 5 games, and totals of 19 points, 16 rebounds and 20 fouls. If you don't believe me, you can look here, although it doesn't list the flagrants.

I am also eagerly awaiting Preston Shumpert update information.

• Premium Member
of course it's unblockable when a shorter guy that doesn't jump is guarding u. He's a typical overseas guy. I don't expect anything good.

Are you a Euro hater? LOL

Seriously, he's 7'1 with long arms extended at full reach, and probably leaping another foot into the air. There are only a handful of guys in the NBA that could block that straight-up. (Help blocks are another story).

Are you a Euro hater? LOL

Seriously, he's 7'1 with long arms extended at full reach, and probably leaping another foot into the air. There are only a handful of guys in the NBA that could block that straight-up. (Help blocks are another story).

like that's never been said about a euro bum before.

Seriously, nobody is going to block that shot. I'm not saying he's actually good or anything, but he's 7'1" with a long wingspan. How many times have you seen someone get a shot like that blocked straight up ?

Anyways, I agree with Swish on our roster. We had no depth behind Childress (and Zaza, but he played horrible last year). At least we have a few serviceable players this year on top of some young guys on the far end of the bench. Our bench is (and looks) a whole lot better.