• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do you believe?-- New Sekou

Swish

Thanks for throwing something out there. Definitely a different style than Sekou. Instead of waiting for something to happen and putting up a long blog, they post every couple of days and just mention anything whether it is or isn't relevant. On a tangent note, the Sacto Bee NBA coverage is pretty weak. Doesn't seem like they have too much information written by their beat writer on there.

Not sure if I'd prefer Sekou's blog style or their blog style more. Sekou's is also a lot more personal, he shows his emotions and shares his opinions. They seem a little hesitant to do any analysis. I do like the lack of spelling errors, SS could learn something from that.

That being said, its certainly not more informative on the non-superficial issues (Reef went to Africa!!!) and they seem less inclined to criticize an organization that has been perhaps worse than the Hawks over the past few years than Sekou is about ASG which is something that he often gets criticized by some for (and ironically he is also criticized for siding with the players against management very often).

So yeah, thanks for putting it out there. Not a more in-depth blog but certainly a more frequent and grammatically correct one without the insight into the writer's lives if that is something that bothers you about Sekou.

That being said, I'm still waitng for Troy who has a problem with everything SS has ever written but has never once responded to my request for a referral to someone better.

DOB. It's not basketball, but it's a "beat". Is that good enough? I haven't responded because I can't change your mind on who's "better". To throw out names would just be a waste of time. I just know that Sekou is terrible in almost every way. The man is no Furman Bisher in the making. just a terrible writer. Like I said, if the Hawks mattered, his poor work would be noticed.

By the way, there are a lot of people on this board who do more work than Sekou in regards to Hawks info, and certainly quite a few that can write in a more informative, insightful way.

Thanks for throwing something out there. Definitely a different style than Sekou. Instead of waiting for something to happen and putting up a long blog, they post every couple of days and just mention anything whether it is or isn't relevant. On a tangent note, the Sacto Bee NBA coverage is pretty weak. Doesn't seem like they have too much information written by their beat writer on there.

Not sure if I'd prefer Sekou's blog style or their blog style more. Sekou's is also a lot more personal, he shows his emotions and shares his opinions. They seem a little hesitant to do any analysis. I do like the lack of spelling errors, SS could learn something from that.

That being said, its certainly not more informative on the non-superficial issues (Reef went to Africa!!!) and they seem less inclined to criticize an organization that has been perhaps worse than the Hawks over the past few years than Sekou is about ASG which is something that he often gets criticized by some for (and ironically he is also criticized for siding with the players against management very often).

So yeah, thanks for putting it out there. Not a more in-depth blog but certainly a more frequent and grammatically correct one without the insight into the writer's lives if that is something that bothers you about Sekou.

That being said, I'm still waitng for Troy who has a problem with everything SS has ever written but has never once responded to my request for a referral to someone better.

I actually prefer Sekou's style MUCH more. I think he provides more info regarding what the players are doing in the off season than virtually any other beat writer out there and he provides better coverage of the team during the offseason than most. I think an EXCELLENT example of this is just how often his blogs are quoted on sites like Hoopshype. How many other beat reporter's blog comments are linked at Hoopshype on a regular basis? I would venture to say that Sekou's bogs are linked to at the site as much, if not MORE, than anyone else's.

DOB. It's not basketball, but it's a "beat". Is that good enough? I haven't responded because I can't change your mind on who's "better". To throw out names would just be a waste of time. I just know that Sekou is terrible in almost every way. The man is no Furman Bisher in the making. just a terrible writer. Like I said, if the Hawks mattered, his poor work would be noticed.

By the way, there are a lot of people on this board who do more work than Sekou in regards to Hawks info, and certainly quite a few that can write in a more informative, insightful way.

Henry Abbott and Bill Simmons have both made mention of SS as one of their favorite writers so I'm not sure if this is the case.

I'm not saying he's the best writer I've ever read. I'm just hoping that you can give me a reference point of a current writer who gives enough info and writes well enough to satisfy your standards. I've lived in only 3 cities in my life, Atlanta, Montreal, and New York so I'm guessing you live or have lived somewhere recently where you have a much more informative and insightful beat writer.

I'm not asking because I don't believe one exists but the fact that you usually refer to Smith as "terrible" makes me think that there should be a large number of better guys out there and I'd like to read them as I enjoy reading about ball over the course of my long boring days. I'm assuming you wouldn't say he is so bad without a few benchmarks of guys that are significantly better in mind so you are a good person to give me references of good writers I can read.

• Premium Member
I actually prefer Sekou's style MUCH more. I think he provides more info regarding what the players are doing in the off season than virtually any other beat writer out there and he provides better coverage of the team during the offseason than most. I think an EXCELLENT example of this is just how often his blogs are quoted on sites like Hoopshype. How many other beat reporter's blog comments are linked at Hoopshype on a regular basis? I would venture to say that Sekou's bogs are linked to at the site as much, if not MORE, than anyone else's.

I believe that his blogs are quoted because it's the only representation of Hawks basketball.

If Jay Walker worked for a rival paper in Atlanta... Hell, even the Augusta times... He'd probably get more hits.

• Moderators
If Jay Walker worked for a rival paper in Atlanta... Hell, even the Augusta times... He'd probably get more hits.

Jay was great. No question. As long as the Hawks management didn't shut him out, he would be fantastic.

We got guys like Bibby, Solo, Zaza, and Marvin playing for new contracts. These dudes should play hungry which means intense play but we'll see.

Speedy should be back but I'll be happy with 10 minutes a game or 1/3 of the season. He's the exact opposite of Bibby with good defense and poor shooting. I like he can drive and dish too. I witnessed a miracle seeing Mike Hampton pitch more than 3 games so I'm optimistic.

Randolph is comparable to potential of a slightly poor man's Jamal Magloire in that he has some post game and rebounding.

I believe that his blogs are quoted because it's the only representation of Hawks basketball.

NOBODY compares to the incomparable Jaywalker! We all know that.

That said, there are 30 teams in the NBA and NOBODY's blogs are quoted as much as Sekou's are on Hoopshype. That doesn't even include all the articles of his they link to as well.

NOBODY compares to the incomparable Jaywalker! We all know that.

That said, there are 30 teams in the NBA and NOBODY's blogs are quoted as much as Sekou's are on Hoopshype. That doesn't even include all the articles of his they link to as well.

Or Sothron for that matter. :rolleyes: