• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawksquawk VII is now up

capstone21

• Admin

Its that time of year. Hawksquawk Fantasy bball is back!

Go to yahoo fantasy basketball and choose custom league

league id : 2913

pw: atlanta

Draft time is currently : Thu Oct 16 8:00pm CDT (can change)

This has always been a competitive league. That is what makes it fun. Please only join if you intend to play the whole year...even if you are in last place. GL!

• Admin
anyone can win by picking up players and dropping players on a daily basis to boost stats since there is no transaction limit.

it makes it more about who can check their computer daily.

A FP league would be a better bet also vs head to head

A guy was taking advantage of that last year and it will be addressed this season. We are currently setup with last years settings. I intend to put a limit on transactions but I am not going to make any changes until the league is full and we can vote on the change(s).

I don't see how being really active should be used against you. If you want a competitive league, then it's a competitive league that you'll get. Just saying... don't be saying how 'this league will be so competitive' and then limit the most dedicated fantasy players.

;)

there's a difference between "being active" and picking up and dropping 4 players a day.

C'mon man you've got to see the difference.

It's the equivalent of winning a FBL through "spamming."

• Admin
there's a difference between "being active" and picking up and dropping 4 players a day.

C'mon man you've got to see the difference.

It's the equivalent of winning a FBL through "spamming."

i agree with gsuteke....it no fun when someone has a crappy team but is winning because every night he drops 6 players and pickups 6 more players. We will prevent that this year with maybe a max of 65 - 75 moves for the year.

• Moderators
i agree with gsuteke....it no fun when someone has a crappy team but is winning because every night he drops 6 players and pickups 6 more players. We will prevent that this year with maybe a max of 65 - 75 moves for the year.

I agree with that 100%. It is annoying to play someone that beats you by playing 30 more games in a series by cycling players in and out. A maximum number of moves would make things more strategic.

In terms of what are reasonable roster moves, I think we need a lower #. There were 3 people who used the spamming strategy last year and the transaction #s for the season were:

14 teams:

The previous season there was some spamming but less overall.

16 teams:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Based on those numbers, I think we should target a goal of 40 max moves. 65-75 would leave the door wide open for spamming because no one needs that many moves - it gives you enough moves to make a roster change nearly every game during the season or to make one every other game and have 30+ left over for spamming the postseason.

• Admin
I agree with that 100%. It is annoying to play someone that beats you by playing 30 more games in a series by cycling players in and out. A maximum number of moves would make things more strategic.

In terms of what are reasonable roster moves, I think we need a lower #. There were 3 people who used the spamming strategy last year and the transaction #s for the season were:

14 teams:

The previous season there was some spamming but less overall.

16 teams:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Based on those numbers, I think we should target a goal of 40 max moves. 65-75 would leave the door wide open for spamming because no one needs that many moves - it gives you enough moves to make a roster change nearly every game during the season or to make one every other game and have 30+ left over for spamming the postseason.

Very good point. I went back and looked at the history for the last few years and 40 looks like a good number. It keeps it fair and it completely gets rid of that situation. I will make it that unless people want to vote on it to make it more or less.

40 sounds like a good number to me. I am anti-spamming (which is NOT being dedicated btw) but wish they would bring back some form of the injured list.

Guys,

I did not make it into the league this year, but last year I was probably one of the most active teams. This was not by choice though. It was because my number one pick got hurt in the first week of the league. My point is that there are some valid reasons someone might want to make a lot of moves. With 14 teams, sometimes the quality of players is not there to find a good replacement for a key player.

• Moderators
Guys,

I did not make it into the league this year, but last year I was probably one of the most active teams. This was not by choice though. It was because my number one pick got hurt in the first week of the league. My point is that there are some valid reasons someone might want to make a lot of moves. With 14 teams, sometimes the quality of players is not there to find a good replacement for a key player.

With 40 moves, though, you can change someone on your roster an average of basically every other game. That gives you plent of room to be very active.